4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

electrical problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 PM

electrical problem?

I didn't know how to search this issue..if there is a thread about this just post a link sorry

The slave cylinder went out/ is going out, and when we got a new car on valentines day I stopped driving it just so it didn't tear up the clutch. Anyway, I went out to start it up tonight and it cranked about 10 times and then the headlights, dashlights and console lights flashed a bunch and I heard a buzzing sound. And now when I try to start it the headlights come on even though the switch it off and it wont even try to crank. no sound no click or anything. Battery is brand new bought in january, also has a new cam sensor. thanks!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 PM

You said your battery is new but anyways get it checked ..If you had your battery hooked up on your car and it has been sitting for a couple of months without starting it,then it IS your battery.Once you charge it check for any shortage on your car.Something is draining your battery.Best way to check it its once you charge/replace it,hook up one terminal (+ or -) and with the next one just tap the post.You should see tiny sparks the first time you do it.But if you keep seeing these sparks over and over again then something is constantly drawing juice out of it.Hope this helps
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 PM

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system on the car? This sounds like the kind of thing that they do when they go bad.