4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Got pulled over tonight for hyperwhites in my altezzas

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 09:39 PM
baby_boy21

Got pulled over tonight for hyperwhites in my altezzas

Freakin sucks yo. As i was driving i saw a cop that was about to make a u-turn. Of course he was a little suspisious seeing these hyperwhite clearance lamps that are mad bright and hyperwhites in my sidemarkers. Well i pass him and he follows me for about a mile and then decides he want to pull me over. I had my girl in the car with me. He asks "Do you know why i pulled you over?" I say "Naaa." Then the cop tells me I can't have any white facing the back of my cars because it can blind drivers. I told him that they are not even that bright and i have seen other hondas and acuras with white lights in the back of their cars. He ignores that and asks for my license and registration. Of course he checks it and it comes out clean. He just tells me that i have to get amber or red colored bulbs for those.

Aint that some ****

Old 01-15-2002, 09:41 PM

Re: Got pulled over tonight for hyperwhites in my altezzas

I have hyperwhites all around, including the rear side markers of my red/clear tails. It looks great, but I always cringe driving by cops at night. No problems yet though.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:51 PM
baby_boy21

Re: Re: Got pulled over tonight for hyperwhites in my altezzas

Originally posted by araffio
I have hyperwhites all around, including the rear side markers of my red/clear tails. It looks great, but I always cringe driving by cops at night. No problems yet though.
After i got pulled over on my way home, everytime i saw a cop i got a bit nervous and kept checking my rearview mirror to make sure that were coming for me. So i know what you mean. Personally i think the cop had nothing else better to do.

Old 01-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

haha i just got pulled over tonite for the same ****. Oh well in go the ambers again. And to think i was gonna remove my front plate today.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:02 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Just for future refernce, the "...but everyone else has them..." argument never works.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:29 AM
baby_boy21

Originally posted by mzmtg
Just for future refernce, the "...but everyone else has them..." argument never works.
You aint neva lie. I will be taking a trip to autozone though and get amber bulbs.

Old 01-16-2002, 05:35 AM

Re: Got pulled over tonight for hyperwhites in my altezzas

Originally posted by baby_boy21
Freakin sucks yo. As i was driving i saw a cop that was about to make a u-turn. Of course he was a little suspisious seeing these hyperwhite clearance lamps that are mad bright and hyperwhites in my sidemarkers. Well i pass him and he follows me for about a mile and then decides he want to pull me over. I had my girl in the car with me. He asks "Do you know why i pulled you over?" I say "Naaa." Then the cop tells me I can't have any white facing the back of my cars because it can blind drivers. I told him that they are not even that bright and i have seen other hondas and acuras with white lights in the back of their cars. He ignores that and asks for my license and registration. Of course he checks it and it comes out clean. He just tells me that i have to get amber or red colored bulbs for those.

Aint that some ****
You should have agreed with him and told him you would remove them. No need in disputing with the cop when your lights are supposed to be red and/or amber.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:46 AM

Sorry buddy, but the cop was right. Change them or keep getting harassed..
Old 01-16-2002, 07:16 AM

Don't argue with a cop...you're lucky he didn't give you a ticket after arguing!
Old 01-16-2002, 08:05 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by nigelcmf
Don't argue with a cop...you're lucky he didn't give you a ticket after arguing!
I don't know why you guys can't just use amber bulbs anyway. Amber is and has been the standard for signaling for as long as I know about. I understand the clear corners and such, I did it myself, but the amber bulbs just seem logical to me. I don't want some old lady smacking into me because she didn't see my turn signal and tells the cop the blinking white light made her think twice or some ****. That's the last thing we all need. I hope you guys don't think I'm on my soapbox or anything, but lets let the 4cyl. rice burners do that white signal stuff - we have more refined cars and besides, the amber isn't even seen unless you're signaling.

Just my $0.02.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:41 AM
baby_boy21

I think you fellas didn't understand what i was saying. I was not arguing or trying to dispute with the cop. He was mad cool and i showed my appreciation for that by being very cooperative. The only thing i was doing was making a point. If you are gonna get one, u got get them all. Thats it, simple and to the point. He was not gonna give me a ticket anyway cuz i got connections.

Old 01-16-2002, 09:10 AM

Please use proper grammar... yo.
Speaking slang and typing out slang are two different things.
That's just my pet peeve.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:19 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by clee130
Please use proper grammar... yo.
Speaking slang and typing out slang are two different things.
That's just my pet peeve.
Yeah, if he spoke to the cop like he's typing on the forum, i'm surprised he didn't get a ticket
Old 01-16-2002, 09:23 AM

for sum reason cops think that hyperwhite bulbs are blue......lol - but i dunno.....
Old 01-16-2002, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by baby_boy21
I think you fellas didn't understand what i was saying. I was not arguing or trying to dispute with the cop. He was mad cool and i showed my appreciation for that by being very cooperative. The only thing i was doing was making a point. If you are gonna get one, u got get them all. Thats it, simple and to the point. He was not gonna give me a ticket anyway cuz i got connections.
That's all good that the cop was cool with you but you're looking for trouble if you start disputing with the cop as to why you have something illegal. I mean, I saw ricer driving around with red lights on the front of his car. This was at night and he didn't even have his headlights on. Thats enough for me to want to give someone a ticket just for being a showoff and for havig a stupid looking car. I used to have hyperwhites for my side markers but after a while I got tired of them and went back to stock. Personally, I would like them if they were LED's but I'm really starting to hate those blue bulbs. Now I have all amber markers.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by deezo
That's all good that the cop was cool with you but you're looking for trouble if you start disputing with the cop as to why you have something illegal. I mean, I saw ricer driving around with red lights on the front of his car. This was at night and he didn't even have his headlights on. Thats enough for me to want to give someone a ticket just for being a showoff and for havig a stupid looking car. I used to have hyperwhites for my side markers but after a while I got tired of them and went back to stock. Personally, I would like them if they were LED's but I'm really starting to hate those blue bulbs. Now I have all amber markers.

Yea that may be legal and all, but do you honestly like the way that looks? I could see maybe having the side marker amber, but the clearance bulb too?? Not for me, I love my hyperwhites every where!
Old 01-16-2002, 11:06 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

Check ur state law. In ohio you must have only steady red rear facing lights, except a steady white for reversing and a flashing red or amber to signal an intent to turn. No flashing lights except turn signals. Both turn signals may flash together to indicate unusual hazard.

Front lights must be amber or white. No other color or tint. No flashing lights at front except turn signals. Both turn signals may flash together to indicate unusual hazard.

All cars must have at least one stop, tail, turn signal and backup light. These bulbs must be seperate except the the stop/tail/turn signal may be the smae bulb if dual-filament. Turn signal and tail light must be visible from the side, or a 'repeater' light must be present.

All cars must have a red reflex reflector on each side, visible from the back and side at the same time, or one visible form the back and one visible from the side.

No more than 5 white headlights/driving lights/foglights/spotlights may be present. Not more than one (police-style) spotlight may be affixed to the A-pillar.

Basically, all the ricers out there with green turn signals, blue driving lights, red clearance lights at the front, white brake lights etc are all illegal in Ohio. If you are going to modify ur car then you are responsible for knowing the equipment laws.

Don't want to sound like a cold-hearted pig **** Juss' saying if you violate equipment laws then you can't complain if you get pulled over, or even a ticket. That's why they always say; "Check local laws before ordering"
Old 01-16-2002, 11:21 AM

hyper white are illegal

yeah it is the law clear lights are illegal. and in some counties in cali it is a non correctable offence and i have even heard that it is a moving violation. they are really craking down on these BS violations. i got a ticket in costamesa CA for no front licence and something hanging on my rear view. non correctable $141 dollar ticket. i tryed fighting it but the judge just kind of grinded at me showed me the violation code and sent me to pay the fine. what a @SS.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:58 AM

Re: hyper white are illegal

so is it ok to have normal old clear bulbs behind the circles, it shines completly red, not clear, and i do have amber in the little side holes
Old 01-16-2002, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by araffio

Yea that may be legal and all, but do you honestly like the way that looks? I could see maybe having the side marker amber, but the clearance bulb too?? Not for me, I love my hyperwhites every where!
I like the way it looks because the markers match in color. Those hyperwhites don't match for nothing. That looks weak to me.