4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 02:39 PM

help me!!!

i have a 97 max se with the bose radio i also have a 6 disc changer for it i was listen to the changer and he speakers quit playing.... i can still change the changer plus radio stations and use the in dash cd slot but no sound.. any suggestions
Old 01-20-2002, 05:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: help me!!!

Originally posted by maxnrelax
i have a 97 max se with the bose radio i also have a 6 disc changer for it i was listen to the changer and he speakers quit playing.... i can still change the changer plus radio stations and use the in dash cd slot but no sound.. any suggestions
I don't have a BOSE system, but if it's anything like most systems that have Amplifiers powered in them, then somewhere in the wiring that gives power to the amps (not the head unit, but tha AMPS), there is a fuse.

Mostl ikely that fuse is blown. So your stereo works, but since the amps on the BOSE speakers have no power, nothing happens.

I am just surmising here...anyone here have a BOSE system and know the answer for sure?