4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Anyone have any experience w/ the Autoloc window module?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 01:35 AM
Licensed to Spell

Anyone have any experience w/ the Autoloc window module?

I am strongly considering buying the WC1000 from autoloc.com

http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=WC1000

but I'd like to know if anyone has tried this first. It's only $35 ea but, if I'm not mistaken, you need one for each window. I really want one touch up and down for all windows and the added bonus of it working off the factory remote is nice too (still curious as to how that works). Anyway, if anyone has attempted this before, please share your experience. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:32 AM
Lives in a 11sec maxima

Re: Anyone have any experience w/ the Autoloc window module?

I have mine hookedup that when I arm my alarm it rolls the front windows up. Im going to be installing one in redmaxpa007s car soon and will post when done with pics and write up.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Anyone have any experience w/ the Autoloc window module?

Originally posted by TILLEYS99
I have mine hookedup that when I arm my alarm it rolls the front windows up. Im going to be installing one in redmaxpa007s car soon and will post when done with pics and write up.
very nice!! how hard would it be to close the sunroof also?
Old 01-21-2002, 07:55 AM

I thought about add it too but have got a question about using the factory window switch. For driver side the switch is a one-stage up and two-stage down (auto down) type, and all the other three switches are one-stage both up ans down. After autoloc is in, if windows go up or down all the way then how can I stop them in between? Another slight tap in the other direction, or not possible to let window half open? If half open is not possible then I'd rather not do it.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:02 AM

Originally posted by jiaxima96
I thought about add it too but have got a question about using the factory window switch. For driver side the switch is a one-stage up and two-stage down (auto down) type, and all the other three switches are one-stage both up ans down. After autoloc is in, if windows go up or down all the way then how can I stop them in between? Another slight tap in the other direction, or not possible to let window half open? If half open is not possible then I'd rather not do it.
do you really drive around with you windows half open on a regular basis?
Old 01-21-2002, 08:18 AM

Originally posted by theblue
do you really drive around with you windows half open on a regular basis?
No. Nearly 100% time I close all windows to keep all kinds of noise and dust out. But I don't want to lose the original half-open capability. I only know that many nice car have both auto and half-open (ie. two-stage switch) features.
That said, sometime I still open one or two windows just a little for some fresh air.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:24 AM

What I might look into getting is some switches off a newer Nissan. My dad has a 2k1 Pathfinder and it has 1 touch sunroof and windows. When I get some extra cash I might check out a junkyard to see if they fit because he won't let me touch his car.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:44 AM
Lives in a 11sec maxima

Re: Re: Re: Anyone have any experience w/ the Autoloc window module?

Originally posted by theblue
very nice!! how hard would it be to close the sunroof also?
the sunroof wouldnt be too bad to hookup either.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally posted by jiaxima96

Of course you can still roll down your windows partially (as listed on the link I provided). You press it for one-touch auto down, you hold it (as you normally would) and then let go for partial opening. That is a good question though regarding how the wc1000 interacts w/ the stock driver's auto down.
Old 01-21-2002, 11:27 AM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: Anyone have any experience w/ the Autoloc window module?

Originally posted by TILLEYS99

Thanks Tilley. May I ask you a few q.s?

How does the WC1000's one-touch feature work with the stock driver's one-touch? Any conflicts?

Also, when they say you need one per window, is that four (one for every window) or is that seven (one for every window switch)?

Is it difficult to crack your windows? For instance in my friend's car, he has one-touch added through his Viper alarm and whenever I want to say roll it down only an inch, the window thinks I'm just tapping it so it rolls all the way down.

Now about this window roll up every time you arm the car. That's fine and everything but I often crack my windows a few inches when I park. Would there be a way to roll up the windows when you want but not when you don't want? Also, why did you choose only the front two instead of all four?

Thanks Tilley.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:26 PM
Lives in a 11sec maxima

Re: Re: Re: Anyone have any experience w/ the Autoloc window module?

I dont have an autoloc one mine is an omega PW rollup module which works in a similair way I have it hooked up to my alarm to roll the windows up when armed I dont have one with a roll down feature cause I dont really have a need for it. If you get it and need diagrams I have the wiring colors on a disc for any year up to I think 99.
Old 01-22-2002, 02:32 PM

Re: :o)

Originally posted by ptatohed
Of course you can still roll down your windows partially (as listed on the link I provided). You press it for one-touch auto down, you hold it (as you normally would) and then let go for partial opening. That is a good question though regarding how the wc1000 interacts w/ the stock driver's auto down.
Yesterday I emailed autoloc and asked about this partial-open feature. In reply they said yes it does, and recommended me to look at their tech support section, where I couldn't find further info, maybe I overlooked. Sounds a good thing to add. I'll add it later when I get time. Well just to make 100% sure I'll probably order one unit first to try.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:04 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Well, I ordered one unit to try out first. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I negotiated and got the one unit for the 'more than three' price. I also negotiated the shipping down some since it was $15 for one and $19 for four. Didn't sound fair. He said you push your window and it will automatically go up or down. If you want to stop it, you press it again. I guess you'll have to be quick to crack the windows! We'll see. He's providing me with a wire diagram for our cars. He says you simply put it in-line with an existing wire. And it excepts a 'pulse' so that it will automatically roll up your windows when you say arm your car. We'll see. He said we only need 4, not seven and it will work on the sunroof as well. I'll keep you updated.
Old 02-14-2002, 03:54 PM

Its funny that you mention this, because I was looking at the site about doing the same thing for my sunroof just last night. The wiring should be fairly straight forwards after studying the electrical diagram of my FSM. Theres 5 connections, looks like theres 12 volt constant (tap this off of the "always hot" map lamp), ground (self explanatory), the 2 wires for open/close, and the "output" wire to the sunroof motor. You basically cut the open/close wires and then connect them to the module. How large is this unit gonna be anyway? I thought about doing the 3 windows as well, and doing a remote control for them too, but I'll just do the sunroof first.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:00 AM

I've been wanting to do this with my moonroof for a while, maybe a spring project...