4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

twin canisters

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 10:01 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

twin canisters

i plan on doing twin canisters on my custom exhaust( not dual, but a twin tipped muffler that is two canisters welded together), i just wanted to know if anyone had opionions or pics of this setup, i know im no skyline( ), but this pic has sort of a general idea of what i want to do cept on the opposite side(where stock muffler is) and i want to cut it into the fender a little bit and tilt it up

http://www.pow.com.au/gtr_pics/dyno_3.jpg
Old 01-21-2002, 10:06 AM

Re: twin canisters

Originally posted by NotNew!!NewSN!!
i plan on doing twin canisters on my custom exhaust( not dual, but a twin tipped muffler that is two canisters welded together), i just wanted to know if anyone had opionions or pics of this setup, i know im no skyline( ), but this pic has sort of a general idea of what i want to do cept on the opposite side(where stock muffler is) and i want to cut it into the fender a little bit and tilt it up

I think that'd be cool. I don't know of anyone who's done it. I'm not real sure but I thought the factory bumper only compensates for a single tip. Let me know if I'm mistaken. If that's the case, you might have to do some bumper altering.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:06 AM

Re: twin canisters

Arent there tips that can give you this look?

SuDZ
Old 01-21-2002, 10:07 AM

Re: Re: twin canisters

Originally posted by amb4081

I think that'd be cool. I don't know of anyone who's done it. I'm not real sure but I thought the factory bumper only compensates for a single tip. Let me know if I'm mistaken. If that's the case, you might have to do some bumper altering.
Forget my post. I read your post wrong. Sorry
Old 01-21-2002, 11:02 AM

like this...

http://www.apexi-usa.com/exhausts_n1dual.asp
Old 01-21-2002, 12:02 PM

ehh........your going to lose power and its gonna look a bit awkward
Old 01-21-2002, 12:07 PM

Old 01-21-2002, 01:46 PM

Will you be changing the size of the whole that is there for the exhaust?

SuDZ
Old 01-21-2002, 02:11 PM

im having a custom catback done, full stainless, 2.5 inch piping, and the muffler is going to be a twin canisters but they have a single 2.5 inch inlet, so i dont rilly know how much power im rilly gonna lose, and ill just cut out a little bit of the fender, the botom part of the fender is like plasticy,
Old 01-21-2002, 02:20 PM

im having a custom catback done, full stainless, 2.5 inch piping, and the muffler is going to be a twin canisters but they have a single 2.5 inch inlet, so i dont rilly know how much power im rilly gonna lose, and ill just cut out a little bit of the fender, the botom part of the fender is like plasticy,
See my earlier post
Old 01-21-2002, 02:27 PM

ok, next time u see a honda with twin canisters let me know and send me the pics, cuz ive yet to see one, seems to me most of them have grapefruit canons, hmmmm, new maximas, have twin tips, why wouldnt i, i want a grapefruit shotgun, no more this single sh**
Old 01-21-2002, 03:00 PM

Old 01-21-2002, 03:23 PM

ok, next time u see a honda with twin canisters let me know and send me the pics, cuz ive yet to see one, seems to me most of them have grapefruit canons, hmmmm, new maximas, have twin tips, why wouldnt i, i want a grapefruit shotgun, no more this single sh**

Give me till tomorrow and I'll have more. I'm at work now so I really can't spend too much time on this RICEY subject.
Old 01-21-2002, 03:29 PM

Oh wait, there's more!

Old 01-21-2002, 06:12 PM

hmmmmmm, those rillly look like dual canisters, good choice, dtm's? nice try though, maybe you should spend some more time looking up pictures to prove me wrong, your missing the point and thats fine, i swa a couple pics with max's with dual canisters and it looks sweet, remmmmember buddy, i go for what i like opposed to what everyone else thinks is ricey and not ricey, who started the single grapefruit canons? rice's did, so all the single canons must be rice too?hmmmm, lets make tuning cars into a highschool thing and make sure everyone follows trends, sheesh, some people dont have a life...
Old 01-21-2002, 06:28 PM
MaximaRversion2

Guys, this seems like a good idea to me. The skyline has the same setup, one pipe, 2 cannisters. Its true the skyline puts out a lot more exhaust then a maxima does, but he wont be loosing any power because of this. He clearly stated one 2.5 inch inlet, then it will devide through a fork shaped pipe to 2 separate cannisters, each with its own single tip. That civic pick is flat out disgusting, even for a ricer civic. blah. True, this may be a bit ricey for some of you, but its a totaly different style for a maxima, and you might even like it once its done. i think it will look good, and probably sound pretty good, and maybe be a little more quiet (for those of you who dont want noise, personaly i like loud pipes). Even though sam is being a Q*33R right now on instant messanger, i think its a good idea.

Note. You should get 2 Ractive Carbon Fiber mufflers, that would be hot , since your car is black.

P.S. Sam has come up with some good ideas before, but we cant tell you what it is, because we're saving it for when we patent that junk and rape everyone when they all want to buy it. JK . But we do plan on a shop one day , with some nice gear.

Old 01-21-2002, 07:01 PM

word brotha, think outside the bubble..
Old 01-21-2002, 07:53 PM

Yep Cannon = Rice! I'm glad that you're doing what you want to. You'd be dumb not to. I'm just saying that it's pretty ricey, that's all. If you like the Civic look, good for you.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:18 AM

As a non-Max owner, I feel obligated to let you know that if I were to line up against any car with two 5" tips, I'd laugh my ***** off. Literally. I'd start laughing uncontrollably, my ******* would split open, and my grapenuts would tumble down the inside of my pantleg.

You wouldn't want that to happen, would you?

...And yes, I'd race a Max with that exhaust. And no, I don't think I'd lose.

Happy trails, gentlemen.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:35 AM

Originally posted by YDRSBTR

Nor would that black car sitting next to you
Old 01-22-2002, 11:54 AM

first pontiacs suck, id laugh to see u pull up next to me on that period, u guys gotta be losers to be getting so riled up that in some way or form someone might be ricey somehow, yet u'll probably be like woah thats a sweet ride to some one with gtr emblems on their car which is the same as a honda with type r, just done get upset seein that u dont even know what it will look like wuss.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:01 PM

first pontiacs suck, id laugh to see u pull up next to me on that period, u guys gotta be losers to be getting so riled up that in some way or form someone might be ricey somehow, yet u'll probably be like woah thats a sweet ride to some one with gtr emblems on their car which is the same as a honda with type r, just done get upset seein that u dont even know what it will look like wuss.
Nope, putting a Skyline emblem on your car is total rice too! And what is it that makes you think that Pontiacs suck? Or is this just another uneducated assumption that is made in retaliation to my earlier comments? You'd laugh seeing a GTP pulling up next to you that's about to kick your butt? And how is it that I don't know what it'll look like? It'll look like two cannons coming out of the rear end of a Maxima. Not to terribly difficult to fathom really. By the way, you call me a wuss? Are you threating me on a internet chat site? Dude, get a life.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:06 PM

i like how u replied within 2 mins of my post, me get a life? noooo
Old 01-22-2002, 12:41 PM

first pontiacs suck, id laugh to see u pull up next to me on that period
Pontiacs suck...? In what way? Did I say Nissans suck? Or that your car is slow? Ugly? A POS? Listen, Skippy, when your car can raise a welt on my car's *** in any race, I'll tell you that my car sucks.
u guys gotta be losers to be getting so riled up that in some way or form someone might be ricey somehow, yet u'll probably be like woah thats a sweet ride to some one with gtr emblems on their car which is the same as a honda with type r, just done get upset seein that u dont even know what it will look like
We do know what your idea will look like. It's not as unique as you think, and it doesn't make your car any faster. What does that make it...? The San Francisco Treat, baby. YUM.
wuss.

BTW - punctuation is a wonderful thing. If you start annunciating a little better, I'll send you a GT-R emblem to put on your car, free of charge.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:50 PM

dont call me skippy, im not your boy toy like the dawg kid, dont try to change my ways, im straight as an arrow... now you guys have fun trying to scheme up sompin else that is "witty"...sheesh, some people need lives, BAD
Old 01-22-2002, 01:21 PM

>yawn< How droll. Here's the Sexual Preference Flame. So soon? Jeez, dude. Save the good ones for when you really need them.

And you're telling us to get a life? "Mr. Kettle, I'd like you to meet Mr. Teapot. Why, look! You're both black."

Do whatever you want to your car, Bunky. You asked for our opinions, and we gave it to you. You're the one taking it a little too personally.

Rent a **** and vent some anger tonight. We'll talk more about your dual watermelon shooters tomorrow when you take it with a grain of salt.
Old 01-22-2002, 03:54 PM
MaximaRversion2

word brotha, think outside the bubble..
AMEN . Preach it brotha

Old 01-22-2002, 04:02 PM
MaximaRversion2

>yawn< How droll. Here's the Sexual Preference Flame. So soon? Jeez, dude. Save the good ones for when you really need them.

And you're telling us to get a life? "Mr. Kettle, I'd like you to meet Mr. Teapot. Why, look! You're both black."

Do whatever you want to your car, Bunky. You asked for our opinions, and we gave it to you. You're the one taking it a little too personally.

Rent a **** and vent some anger tonight. We'll talk more about your dual watermelon shooters tomorrow when you take it with a grain of salt.
hahaha , i have to admit, some of these flames are pretty funny.

GTPs are very fast, and would likely beat a maxima in a race, ill give you that. But a max with a supercharger, or a 5 speed max with some mods, and then you have another situation all together.

To each his own. even riceboys like NOTNEW!!NEWSN!! and myself (who arent really riceboys, we just have different tastes then you all , which is common among import drivers and american car drivers. everyone is entitled to their own oppinion of course, but you dont have to tear someone down for trying to do something original.

Notice he isnt talking about twin tips on one muffler, hes doing 2 muffler cannisters from his B pipe , which i think is a rather original idea.

Cant we all just get along and make fun of the Ford guys ??

Old 01-22-2002, 04:04 PM

true....you said it, we need to all get along
Old 01-22-2002, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
ehh........your going to lose power and its gonna look a bit awkward
people said that about my dual exhaust as well. . . i don't think a twin canister muffler is going to increase flow so much that you lose bottom end. also, i have a 3" pipe after my Y pipe to a 3" high flow cat, to my dual exhaust, and i GAINED all around. and by quite a bit as well. . . . . sam, i'd stick with the twin canisters if you like the look. don't worry, i'm so sick of people talking about loss of TQ, mine tracks ever so slightly on the downshift, and my exhaust is alot more intense than yours. . . you'll be fine
Old 01-22-2002, 04:20 PM

As a non-Max owner, I feel obligated to let you know that if I were to line up against any car with two 5" tips, I'd laugh my ***** off. Literally. I'd start laughing uncontrollably, my ******* would split open, and my grapenuts would tumble down the inside of my pantleg.

Happy trails, gentlemen.
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa hahahahaa *gasp* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaha *gasp holding sides* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha domestic rice. . i love it. . . you're an auto too right? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh my god, too funny. . ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 01-22-2002, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by flyry110
domestic rice. . i love it. . .
Really? Why does that qualify for rice? You see any stickers? Massive fart pipes? And it may be an auto, but I promise you that there's only a handful of Maximas in the country (4th gen) that can beat his ride. But really? Where's the rice? I'm confused
Old 01-24-2002, 06:49 AM

So really... What's rice about my car? I'd like to know if you find something ricey about it.

I guarantee you it's faster than it looks as opposed to the other way around.

But of course you won't reply. You've already been proven wrong.
Old 01-24-2002, 07:32 AM

But of course you won't reply. You've already been proven wrong.
Welcome to the typical Maxima thread. No one ever replies once they've been caught!
Old 01-24-2002, 12:02 PM

no.... we actually got a life sorry, i thought it was over, why dont u post some more picks of hondas with DTM tips and tell me how my twin canisters will look
Old 01-24-2002, 01:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Happy trails, gentlemen.
I don't think you'd be laughing at a 300zx twin turbo with twin HKS exhausts, because thats all you'll be seeing once you get your peanuts together to race.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by MaximaGTR34

I don't think you'd be laughing at a 300zx twin turbo with twin HKS exhausts, because thats all you'll be seeing once you get your peanuts together to race.

Hmm...... 300ZX TT??? The thread is about Maxima's, not Zs.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:29 PM

A 300ZX with twin 5" tips, huh? Twin turbo? Now, that would be a fun race. I'd still laugh at the exhaust, but not the car.

A Max with the same exhaust would be like seeing Dolly Parton's t|ts on Calista Flockhart. Gross, and queer.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:34 PM

no.... we actually got a life sorry, i thought it was over, why dont u post some more picks of hondas with DTM tips and tell me how my twin canisters will look
I think if you cut the bumper around the circular opening a bit to make it a bit elongated, and add the twin Apexi's, (they're only about 3.5" by the way.. nothing cheesy like those four black 1" buttholes on some ugly domestic cars), it'll definitely look nicer than stock or just having one fat exhaust pipe.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by JdawgX

Hmm...... 300ZX TT??? The thread is about Maxima's, not Zs.
retard, i wasn't talking to you, but anyhow, if you read the post correctly, YDRSBTR stated ANY car with 5" tips. BTW your max looks like every other ugly stock 4x4 Maxima. I'd rather have rice than your floating green turd in my garage.

Quick Reply: twin canisters