Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   One Stop 4th Gen Motor Mount(s) Thread (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/695229-one-stop-4th-gen-motor-mount-s-thread.html)

KP11520 09-18-2016 04:43 PM

One Stop 4th Gen Motor Mount(s) Thread

So I have searched several times here and through Google and come up with bits and pieces of what's entailed to diagnose and replace Motor Mounts on our 4th Gen Maximas.

I have yet to find anything definitive on the whole process, or even much of the process.

Hopefully, with all your help, this will be the thread with all that combined information.

How many are there?
Where are they?
All the different symptoms to indicate it's time?
Replace individually when one goes or all at the same time?
When replacing, OEM or what?
Differences between M/T and A/T?
Differences between GXE, GLE and SE?
Where are the detailed instructional videos and/or pictures?
Time savers?
Personal Experiences to keep in mind?
Pricing expectations?
Best bargains for the best replacements?
ES vs OE(M) Rubber?

And everything else I've overlooked!

Now, if this already already is available, please forgive me (and remove this). I would have loved to already find it, but that's not the case.

Thanks in advance!

KP11520 09-20-2016 02:17 PM

Don't make me get out my pliers and start pulling teeth!

Maxima.org's got nothing on this? :o:o:o:o

asand1 09-21-2016 12:04 AM

There's lots on the topic, don't expect anyone to spoon feed you. Feel free to collect all the info and organize it into your own thread. I've already researched it and did a poly fill on my OEM mounts.

Crusher103 09-21-2016 01:33 AM

aww so sad to not be spoon feed on a topic covered for 50 thousand times.....

KP11520 09-21-2016 12:30 PM

Thanks asand! I didn't do so well on the searches, but if it's there, I'll find it.

Crusher, you sound so bitter. Your teeth first! I'll start with the front ones to match your demeanor. :gapteeth::gapteeth::gapteeth::gapteeth:

JvG 09-21-2016 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by KP11520 (Post 9126249)
Thanks asand! I didn't do so well on the searches, but if it's there, I'll find it.

Crusher, you sound so bitter. Your teeth first! I'll start with the front ones to match your demeanor. :gapteeth::gapteeth::gapteeth::gapteeth:

Please consider your own attitude.

Do you really want to piss off the very people who contribute much to this forum?

There is a search button within the blue line heading of this particular forum. All your questions are right there. They have been answered many times during the years this forum has existed. There is no need for us to answer questions from those who won't do a basic search.

Asand1 is a regular contributor to this forum. He knows what he is talking about.

Maximeltman 09-21-2016 04:22 PM

ES vs OEM really not knocking you but I mean how can you say that you searched that, and not find an answer?

KP11520 09-21-2016 06:21 PM

JvG, what did I say that was even remotely offensive to asand? I thanked him. I have zero problems with him or his response. :confused: So, I went looking again, and after 6 pages of "Motor Mount" search in the 4th Gen section only, I got a few more tidbits, but even more questions. So save the smug, "it's everywhere" attitude. Sure you know where your posts are on it.

This place isn't friendly and maybe if it was, I'd be here a lot more, and so would a lot of others.

I didn't search ES vs OEM. I just searched "replacing motor mounts" and several wording derivatives.

NOBODY even mentioned OEM. Just ES and the injecting different materials DIY crowd. And only use aftermarket to gut. With a 60/40 mix saying stiffer was better vs vibration was a big con. And the laying up the car was also a con. Nothing to really help decide what would be the best choice...

Especially because.........Nothing on OEM. I'm not sure if the whole assemblies are even available anymore. Very few places list them at Insane prices. $680 for the 4. So this third choice is even more a mystery here.

What happened to the premise that a site like this is here to help people? Not pummel them and send them away. It's almost like a kangaroo court in a HS bathroom or Freshman frat abuse cause you didn't man up. WTF?

Remember.... Clicks mean money for the site. Send people away and you hurt it financially. Nice way to thank Dan and the Mods.

Maybe I'll have another conversation with Dan. He implemented all my last suggestions I see. Looks like it's time to add hospitality to the equation and increase the revenue around here. And seriously, what would it cost anybody here to be friendly and helpful. You might even have a little fun. And it will come back to you.

In the meantime, I'll figure out my car by myself, since it's too painful to share. This place could be so much more.

bloodthirstyemu 10-02-2016 09:22 PM

I have the same issue with this site, I have searched for tons of different topics and a lot of them aren't even there anymore. When I do ask a question that I can't seem to find I get my head bitten off. There are a few people who are always willing to help but thats pretty rare here nowadays. The search tool is awesome but this isn't a digital manual, its a forum.

The Wizard 10-03-2016 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by bloodthirstyemu (Post 9127361)
I have the same issue with this site, I have searched for tons of different topics and a lot of them aren't even there anymore. When I do ask a question that I can't seem to find I get my head bitten off. There are a few people who are always willing to help but thats pretty rare here nowadays. The search tool is awesome but this isn't a digital manual, its a forum.

I'd have to disagree with you.

You've created a whole whopping two threads. In one thread, you were helped plenty. See here.
https://maxima.org/forums/4th-genera...ggestions.html
In the other thread, you didn't get the answer you were looking for (because no one has done it or didn't respond). No one bashed you.

Only in one thread did you participate in was some bashing going on. Do not make it seem like this is an ongoing and constant problem here, because it isn't.

KP11520, are you searching by "RELEVANCY"? Because that makes all the difference in the world on how the search function works. Plus, are you using too many keys words? Not enough? Try different combinations? Let me know how I can help.

Crusher103 10-03-2016 10:55 PM

Guys your not going to be spoonfeed information that there are literally hundreds of threads on. Get over it. Had you SEARCHED you would have found the answer. Its soo easy its even in the how too's. But since you babies can seem to get it together:

Auto GLEs and SEs have liquid filed electronic motor mounts. ALL manual cars have normal old motor mounts. Most people upgrade to self made Urethane mounts or use the ES inserts.

The end, there is nothing else to discuss about motor mounts. Literally 3 sentences covers motor mounts. People like myself have literally jammed metal into my motor mount to make it more rigid, while retaining OEM Vibration compliance for a High HP applications. DO NOT ASK about installing them its been covered thousands of times SEARCH. Even search Honda boards its the same ****, and they have covered it THOUSANDS of times. I'm not going to search for you because i do not feel like wasting my time on it.

CS_AR 10-04-2016 03:54 AM

A couple of years ago, for the 99 SE, I installed front and rear Anchor brand mounts. The front mount is for a manual transmission. For low cost parts, no complaints. I've read about other posts saying Anchor mounts are not good. I decided to give them a try. So far so good.

I must admit that I have another ingredient that may make all of the difference in why Anchor mounts are working out on a 4th gen that is usually driven by a teenage driver. I will share that info further down in the post.

I haven't needed to replace the side mounts on any 4th gen yet. I unplugged the electric front mount on the I30 six years ago from fear that a shorted electrical mount was the reason for an ECU failure. Also, I really couldn't tell a difference running with the electric mount unplugged. Since I actually like the feel from a regular MT mount, I will go with lower cost MT front mounts for the Maxima GLE when it is time to replace.

When I need to replace side mounts, I may go with ES poly. I like the crisp ES poly feel for suspension bushings. I will cross that bridge as it comes up.

Now here's a reason why I may be having good success with Anchor brand mounts on the 99 SE 5-MT. I use a NWP Engineering Engine Torque Link Bracing Kit to keep the engine from shifting around under load. I believe the NWP kit reduces engine mount wear.

http://nwpengineering.com/products/e...nk-bracing-kit

Here's a link to 99 model mounts at RockAuto. The Anchor mounts have the red heart for popularity. Though I do like the looks of the Beck mounts.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/n...tor+mount,5552

Org article.

https://maxima.org/forums/4th-genera...on-review.html