4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Quick Question - Front Airbag Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 11:16 AM

Quick Question - Front Airbag Replacement

If I install a new set of front airbags in my 95 Nissan Maxima without changing the SRS sensor unit underneath the center console, will my new airbags deploy because of an error code from the previous deploy of my old airbags?
Old 12-17-2016, 08:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dont quote me on this but im pretty sure you dont need to replace it. Theres some sort of reset sequence to get rid of airbag codes (assuming the problem causing the code is fixed). You gotta turn the key and open the door and do all this werid crap idk but if you search the forum you will find it.
Old 12-18-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Slamrod
Dont quote me on this but im pretty sure you dont need to replace it. Theres some sort of reset sequence to get rid of airbag codes (assuming the problem causing the code is fixed). You gotta turn the key and open the door and do all this werid crap idk but if you search the forum you will find it.
Thanks man, appreciate it! I just didn't want the airbag to deploy on my as soon as I hook up the new set after before reconnecting the battery.