4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

95 Maxima rough shaking in (Drive) gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 02:21 PM

95 Maxima rough shaking in (Drive) gear

My 95 Maxima has started to shake roughly while it is in Park and Drive, but more so when it's in Drive. When it's in neutral its fine, but once I put it back in drive the problems begin to arise. So far I changed all of the spark plugs and ignition coils. But for some reason, I'm thinking it is this aftermarket mass air flow sensor I got off of Amazon. I don't really know, but I'm open to any help/ advice.

Link to AfterMarket Mass Air Flow Sensor:
Amazon Amazon
Old 02-18-2017, 02:25 PM

I'm having the same problem and I have the p0150 code (front o2 sensor). I'm replacing it early next week. I'd get your codes checked to see what the ECU knows.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ozark Survival
I'm having the same problem and I have the p0150 code (front o2 sensor). I'm replacing it early next week. I'd get your codes checked to see what the ECU knows.
I had that same code earlier this week, but I had that resolved when I changed my front upstream O2 Sensor.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:21 PM

I world check the fuel injectors. It sounds like an o-ring failure. Fuel would be leaking into the cylinder.