4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Forgot to unhook battery now car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 06:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Forgot to unhook battery now car wont start

My car (99 Maxima gle) was having issues with the air/heat (only blew hot air). so i did my research and found out it was an "Actuator switch"....long story short i tried replacing it myself and forgot to unhook the battery first. now my car wont start. it cranks, but wont start. i replaced the battery, everything electrical works fine inside. i also replaced the radiator fan 1 fuse (FL 30A) after seeing it was blown but still no luck. Any Ideas???
Old 03-28-2017, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by isaac2nyce
My car (99 Maxima gle) was having issues with the air/heat (only blew hot air). so i did my research and found out it was an "Actuator switch"....long story short i tried replacing it myself and forgot to unhook the battery first. now my car wont start. it cranks, but wont start. i replaced the battery, everything electrical works fine inside. i also replaced the radiator fan 1 fuse (FL 30A) after seeing it was blown but still no luck. Any Ideas???
Are you seeing this security light? If yes, NATS may have accidentally immobilized your vehicle.

Do you have a spare chip key that you can try?

Name:  e029b0fd-6040-463c-bf7e-a07d010fcc29_zpsvocibhjj.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  4.5 KB
Old 03-28-2017, 09:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

yeah, security light works and all, but no spare chip key..i also notice when i try to start the car my revs arent moving. couldnt that be the fuel pump? whether it be relays or fuses possibly blown? fuel pump was working fine before i took the battery off. i cant even hear it now when i cycle the key.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:14 AM

If the security light is solid red, the car may be immobilized and the fuel pump will not work. Search for NATS and immobilizer to see the issues from immobilization.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:19 PM

I had to get my car towed to the dealer and get my ECU / keys reprogrammed when it immobilized on me. Cost about $75.