4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Scanner recommendation (<$100) that will show CKP Sensor Info on Crank?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 03:13 PM

Scanner recommendation (<$100) that will show CKP Sensor Info on Crank?

I'm looking for recommendation on an OBDII scanner, preferrably under $100, that will show Crankshaft Position Sensor information (live real time data) on Crank (with no Start). Also, that will hopefully have decent population of PIDs for 4th gens (fuel trim, O2, CMP, MAF, MAP, etc).

My Car: 1996 SE with Fed Specs

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:09 AM

I've got this one and haver zero complaints.

It comes with software and web update capability.

I've been using it for several years and honestly still am not fully up-to-speed as to what its capabilities are.

I actually bought mine at my local parts store on sale for $99. But, it appears that price has come down substantially.
Attached Thumbnails Scanner recommendation (&lt;0) that will show CKP Sensor Info on Crank?-photo246.jpg  
Old 04-01-2017, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Turbobink
I've got this one and have zero complaints.

It comes with software and web update capability.

I've been using it for several years and honestly still am not fully up-to-speed as to what its capabilities are.

I actually bought mine at my local parts store on sale for $99. But, it appears that price has come down substantially.
That's a nice scanner Turbobink. The nice part is you can can and reset codes on any OBDII compliant car. It comes in handy for other cars beyond our 4th gens. So you can read and reset codes for friends and neighbors. I have a smaller ODBII scanner that I've been using for years on my Hondas and for quick read and resets.

Note to the OP.

I see you have Apexi listed in your signature line. Is this the APEXi Super AFC product. Are you a tuner?

For owners that want to go deeper into the ECU, tuning settings, and other control units using the 14-pin Consult port, there is Nissan Data Scan I (NDSI) for PC and Android (now in Beta for the A32).

Are you a Windows PC and Android user or do you use an Apple MAC Computer and iPhone?
Old 04-02-2017, 01:13 AM

Thanks Turbobink, I'll check it out. I mainly need a scanner for diagnositics; and in one case, an intermittent crank/no start scenario. The more info I can get at the time when I have issue the better.

CS AR, no it's not the super AFC. Tuning ECU does sound interesting, however, and I am on PC/ android. But probably won't get into that any time soon.