4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Glow underbody kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 10:10 AM

Glow underbody kit

dose any one know where in NY or NJ i can buy Glow underbody kit with installation and how much it would cost me
thank you for your help
Old 02-01-2002, 10:18 AM
I'm needing a caw

Why circus coming to town?

I've seen a few threads about it, do a search
Old 02-01-2002, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Why circus coming to town?

I've seen a few threads about it, do a search
Not a fan of the Neon's huh?

SuDZ
Old 02-01-2002, 12:49 PM
I'm needing a caw

When I want to be Phast and the Phurriest, you will be the 1st to know.

Originally posted by SuDZ

Not a fan of the Neon's huh?

SuDZ
Old 02-01-2002, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
When I want to be Phast and the Phurriest, you will be the 1st to know.

Hmmm, I wont hold my breath. I mean if ya cant even spell it how ya gonna be it?

SuDZ
Old 02-01-2002, 05:17 PM

ya they go for around 300 bucks installed .......place on rt 1 south in new brunswick i think its called audio image]
Old 02-01-2002, 05:23 PM

For the love of God... Please don't do it!

Instead, you might consider a Darth Vader helmet and a black cape.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:27 PM

Originally posted by bullseye

Hey, where can I get one of those helmets? I think I might want to tape one on top of my broken sunroof. Thanks for the idea, I never can think of things like that on my own. But dude, a cape, that would just look ridiculous, what are you thinking?!
Old 02-02-2002, 05:06 AM

If you're around queens, try Planet Auto Toys on Queens blvd. I forgot the exact street, but it's down there around rampage racing and NYC tint shop. That's where I got mine from, around 300 installed (they do a good job). If you want to know exactly where it is let me know and I'll look it up for you.
Old 02-02-2002, 05:24 AM

Originally posted by Prolepsis

Hey, where can I get one of those helmets? I think I might want to tape one on top of my broken sunroof. Thanks for the idea, I never can think of things like that on my own. But dude, a cape, that would just look ridiculous, what are you thinking?!
Sorry. I guess I got a little carried away with the cape thing...

I'm not into neons. I've seen so many poorly done and/or improbable installations. I don't know how many cars I've seen where my first thought was: "I wonder how many oil changes that guy had to skip to save up for those neons?" Besides, for those who insist on neons, isn't a neon license plate frame enough?

I chose to go with the stealthy urban assault vehicle approach with my Maxima. I just can't bring myself to put anything on the car that shouts, "Hey, look at me!" But then, I know my way is not the only way. (I think my car whispers, "Psst, look at me.")

Oh, I suggest you use Velcro instead of tape on the helmet!
Old 02-02-2002, 05:55 AM
MaximaRversion2

Im gonna put a superman cape on my touring wing.... is that a cool idea ?

Old 02-02-2002, 11:21 AM

(I think my car whispers, "Psst, look at me.")

Only trouble is, nobody can hear the whisper over the sound of a your CAI. Then again, I suppose the CAI would solicit some glances too...

Yeah, good call on the velcro. That's what's holding my clear corners on. No really, it is.
Old 02-03-2002, 10:11 AM

hope this helps

i had some trouble finding a place where i live to install neons, so i finally just did it myself. with the right tools and a friend to help you, it shouldn't take more than 1-3 hrs. a lot of car shops wont install them because they dont want to guarantee the work--the kits are known to crack on occassion or have other problems that the shops dont want to have to be responsible for in the future. btw, i'd urge you to buy a streetglow kit, gold series. they had about gd on them somewhere on the forum i think. the streetglow are stronger than liteglow, better made imo. equally bright though, should cost 160 for the kit and 100 or so for install to answer your question. i dont live in your area so i couldnt recommend anywhere. good luck. peace

Jeff, you're one of the biggest maxima enthusiasts i know and i respect that, and i'm a little newbie, but i've been reading the board for awhile, so hear me out. could you reply to posts involving underbody neon kits more productively than by mispelling fast and furious and bringing up circuses, we know how you feel . it doesnt annoy me, but it's counterproductive to owners who are asking for advice on which kit to buy/where to get it installed, not whether or not to buy it. to each his own ya know.
peace all

teddo
Old 02-03-2002, 07:54 PM

well i have done the install twice and it is really not that bad, took me about 2 hours the first time and an hour the second time, prob is, unless u have a kit u see the bulbs and i hate that, maybe if u were really lowered it would be better.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:21 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: hope this helps

Well, yeah! I don't like neon lights as you know. I dread the day I see them on a maxima in my area. But the subject has been discussed before and search would have been a good way to start(if you didn't already). Yellow pages would be a good place to search too for install.
As for Phast and Phurriest, well my spelling is more accurate for that movie.hehe. It just seems ever since that lame movie came out, I see alot more questions about neons, graphics, NAAWSSS, and the ever so popular question, "can I fit 10 turbos on my car?"

Sorry about the smart @#$ reply but blame your fellow .org members for making me jaded!

Originally posted by max425

Jeff, you're one of the biggest maxima enthusiasts i know and i respect that, and i'm a little newbie, but i've been reading the board for awhile, so hear me out. could you reply to posts involving underbody neon kits more productively than by mispelling fast and furious and bringing up circuses, we know how you feel . it doesnt annoy me, but it's counterproductive to owners who are asking for advice on which kit to buy/where to get it installed, not whether or not to buy it. to each his own ya know.
peace all
teddo
Old 02-04-2002, 12:26 PM

Did Someone say Neon..?

http://www.nextstepswebsites.com/megamax.jpg

I sell the Under car Kits so my friend made me this Ad..!
Old 02-04-2002, 06:47 PM

Call me what you want, I think my **** looks good. Get it from Greg at custommaxima.com. for about $155 shipped for the Low Glow Pro Series.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:11 PM

I chose to go with the stealthy urban assault vehicle approach with my Maxima. I just can't bring myself to put anything on the car that shouts, "Hey, look at me!" But then, I know my way is not the only way. (I think my car whispers, "Psst, look at me.")

Yeah the greddy doesn't give it away, come on who you kidding?
Old 04-27-2002, 09:01 AM

Re: Re: hope this helps

i paid $100 for my streetglow undr car glow kit.
my friend did my installations, that took about 3 hours!
the thing is, when i was racing one of them broke...
the CLAMP that holds one of the tubes just cracked and my tube just shattered.
before you purchase a kit for the car, make sure the clamps are STRONG! that's the most important thing.
dont pay over 250 for installations dude.
Old 04-27-2002, 09:03 AM

make sure the CLAMps that hold the tubes are strong!
that's te most imprtant thing, mine broke while i was racing and it just shattered one of teh tubes!