4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

0801 P1490 EVAP Vacuum Cut Bypass Valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 04:12 PM

0801 P1490 EVAP Vacuum Cut Bypass Valve

I jumpered the solenoid and heard it make noise and it seemed to function right allowing air through and doesnt let air through when it's not powered. So the valve seems to function and now I'm unsure what to try for this p1490 code

there's also a CKPS 0905 code, must have started right around the same time as the 0801 for the evap system. didnt realize there were two sensors, i replaced the REF no change. I've been getting occasional rough starts, working on replacing the POS sensor hoping the junkyard will offer it to me cheap because $100 at advance or autozone is a bit steep to me

I also have 1320 for the map/baro I've had for awhile which i assume is because i swapped to a fed spec LIM maybe generated by the swirl valve vacuum hose i capped off with a bolt
Old 09-21-2017, 05:33 PM
JvG

Check that there is not a kink in the vaccuum source for some of the emmissions system.

I'm talking about the one located under the throttle body. Follow it to the next thing-a-bob. Then follow the next items in the vaccuum chain.

One time I had removed the throttle body. I accidently replaced that vaccuum hose with a new one, cut just a bit too long. Not long afterwards, the cel lit up. Trouble codes for several expensive items. I replaced some of those with junk yard items. Still no joy, and it was time for emmissions tests. Finally I decided to check for vaccuum.
The hose which I cut a bit too long had kinked. That choked off the vaccuum. And caused me a lot of grief.