4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

98 Maxima moonroof issue resolved at $0 cost

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 07:27 PM

98 Maxima moonroof issue resolved at $0 cost

Hello...had the moonroof in my 98 Maxima open only in one direction then stay there. Had to manually close it so no Seattle rain gets in. Resetting it did not work, so after a lot of labor (took the whole moon roof assembly apart thinking the sliding cables had been broken so the car's interior was apart) decided to play with the motor. Long story short, I had to re-solder the motor colored wires on the small electronic circuit board. It takes 3 small screws to access it and free the circuit board from its location the circuit board has 2 small black relays on it). I d say there was a bad connection somewhere. I did re-solder all the circuit board connections to increase the functioning chances. After that, you will need to manually close the moon roof then fiddle with the switches to the point where the motor would stop in the closed position (you ll know what I mean). It took me a couple of tries to get it almost right (I m a tad off with it) but with calm and patience can be done. I have not seen this issue resolved in the forums so I hope maybe this can help someone. Cost $0 and your time.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:27 PM
JvG

Thank you for posting this.

Someday some one will be able to fix their problem quickly, easily, and well.