4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ok, so weird, but awesome!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 06:04 PM

ok, so weird, but awesome!!!!

so you may remember my thread about key fob not working, well, it's fixed!!!
just so you know, i replaced 3 fuses and both batteries in both remotes, couldn't get the hazards to flash after locking doors and key in and out of the ignition a million times. weird thing is, after i tried the key in and out thing i turned the key forward to acc and pressed lock on the remote and it would flash? so i tried hitting the remote outside of the car and it never locked the doors. so, fast forward to last night as i was coming out of the food store out of habit i pressed the lock button on the remote and they flashed!!!! i was elated and prayed it would unlock the doors as well and it did!!! wtf did i fix?? magical maxima car god??? i think the problem was the front doors won't lock properly and it caused the remote to fail, battery was due as well. and she's fixed!!!
Old 12-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Rit

Sounds like it was a faulty flux capacitor. LOL
Old 12-03-2017, 09:20 AM

It was caused by all that stray RF from the new LED lights. Those LED lights are a headache.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rit
Sounds like it was a faulty flux capacitor. LOL
that's a possibility dennis, i've never had an issue before except when the box for the remote died in the trunk. since replacing it, it's been fine. i still think it's the door locks/wiring in the doors that caused all the headaches.

Last edited by max ride 41; 12-03-2017 at 10:31 PM.