4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

subframe connectors vs. fstb & rsb on 95 with h&r's and kyb's

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 06:10 PM
KCTYPHOON

subframe connectors vs. fstb & rsb on 95 with h&r's and kyb's

just wondering if anyone has a lowered max with the warpspeed frame connectors that had/has a fstb and rsb. as of now, my 95 has h&r's with kyb's, fstb and rsb. its starting to get annoying the way the car takes the bumps and it has developed rattles. what im thinking of doing now, is getting the sfc(both stages), and taking the other control bars off. im wondering if i can make the car handle better by stiffening the frame as opposed to the suspension , in turn, eliminating some rattles and making the ride better by not being as harsh. id like to know if anyone has any experince or has tried this themselves yet. if possible,i wantthe car to be able to still handle turns similar to how it does now, but improve driver and passanger comfort along with cabin noise. will swapping my fstb and rsb for warpspeed's sfc do this?

i know this is gonna be redundant but im trying to make my question as clear as humanly possible here so im not misunderstood.

basically make the car handle better(compared to just the h&r's) by stiffening the frame, and at the same time, make the car ride better by allowing more movement back to the suspension. will this improve driver comfort yet retain handeling? will the car handle the same or not? what are the pros and cons of doing this? is this just a waste of time and money cause it'll be the same? if so why?

softer on the bumps, but still stiff in the turns.

thoughts?? opinions?? thanks in advance..