4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Jsst recevied Front strut bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 04:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Jsst recevied Front strut bar

I just received my front strut bar in the mail today and i went to go put it on and the right side that ties down to the struts was the wrong one!!, ahh that ****es me off why can't people get things right?
Has anyone had trouble ordering from procarparts.com
ryan
Old 02-05-2002, 04:33 PM

what was wrong with it. was it just one side? you can move the sides around..
Old 02-05-2002, 04:39 PM

NO they sent both sides but the right side of the tie down was not the right one, i tried every possible thing its not right. must be for another car or something.
Ryan
Old 02-05-2002, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by dafro
NO they sent both sides but the right side of the tie down was not the right one, i tried every possible thing its not right. must be for another car or something.
Ryan
or you just didnt put it on right, and put it backward
Old 02-05-2002, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by gtr_rider

or you just didnt put it on right, and put it backward
aight the two tie downs don't even match in shape and bolt pattern, the left side fit on there fine.
Ryan
Old 02-05-2002, 05:50 PM

aight the two tie downs don't even match in shape and bolt pattern, the left side fit on there fine.
Ryan
don't you hate that
Old 02-05-2002, 06:27 PM

Re: Jsst recevied Front strut bar

I just received my front strut bar in the mail today and i went to go put it on and the right side that ties down to the struts was the wrong one!!, ahh that ****es me off why can't people get things right?
ryan

They messed up on my order too. They sent me the clear bumper lights without the amber bulbs. When they did sent it, i had to pay the duty charge twice. (i live in Canada)

Do the strut bar really help? Is there hard evidence that is does help on the turns? I 'm thinking of getting it but i'm skeptical.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:49 PM

Re: Re: Jsst recevied Front strut bar

Originally posted by sharkyjay

They messed up on my order too. They sent me the clear bumper lights without the amber bulbs. When they did sent it, i had to pay the duty charge twice. (i live in Canada)

Do the strut bar really help? Is there hard evidence that is does help on the turns? I 'm thinking of getting it but i'm skeptical.
did you guys try custommaxima.com greg is a nice guy and he has alot of things for the max.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:50 PM

I got mine and yes it is effective, I can take turns better at higher speeds.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:42 PM

Very effective. If you are going for better cornering get a Rear Sway Bar(RSB) first. Then get the FSTB. Ther RSTB wont help much unles you auto-x.

Kirk
Old 02-05-2002, 08:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Jsst recevied Front strut bar

Front strut bar definitely helps. NOw i can take those sharp turns on the jacky rob doing about 50 easy.Much sturdier.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:40 PM

I ordered indiglos for my max from procarparts.com and they sent me indiglos for a 97 Civic, when I sent them back it took them 3 weeks to get me the right ones. I stay away from them now. Take Care
Old 02-06-2002, 05:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo

If you are going for better cornering get a Rear Sway Bar(RSB) first. Then get the FSTB.
Been there, done that. I honestly think the FSTB helped the most and the RSB barely helps at all
Old 02-06-2002, 05:53 AM

I am not one to normally plug other people's business but I got my FSTB from "StealthMax" (Ken) and it is great. Easy install and great service. It helps to buy parts for a certain car from a place that knows that exact car. Just my 0.02$$. Peace: e3 - spamman
Old 02-06-2002, 07:43 AM

Originally posted by 97ABMAX
I ordered indiglos for my max from procarparts.com and they sent me indiglos for a 97 Civic, when I sent them back it took them 3 weeks to get me the right ones. I stay away from them now. Take Care
I stay away from procarparts.com too...
I once ordered a clear sidemarkers for my friend's Camry, but they said my credit card didn't go through because I had different Billing adress. So I said cool, I'll take my business elsewhere and ordered the makers from other vendor.
3 weeks after that, out of blue, I got this email from UPS notifying me that the sidemarkers were shipped and headed to somewhere in CA. (I live in NY).
I tried to check what was going on, and found out that the procarparts charged me and sent the sidemarkers using their ghost company (the website for this company who supposedly sent me the sidemarkers which I didn't order had the same menu and pictures that the procarparts used/ except that the website was for the shows only, they didn't have prices on their product even, and there was no option for placing orders there)
I didn't bother to investigate more. I just don't order anything from them anymore instead.
Old 02-06-2002, 07:49 AM

I ordered my indiglos from there. Did it from their website and immeditely received email notification. The next day I was billed and One day after that I received another email notifcation saying my order was shipped ups ground. five days later I had my package. I just ordered another pair of clears from them last week and it has already been shipped and its on its way. I guess its just a flip of the coin for some.
Old 02-06-2002, 07:52 AM
Maxima owner since 2000

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jsst recevied Front strut bar

Originally posted by Vyrus

Been there, done that. I honestly think the FSTB helped the most and the RSB barely helps at all
dude, you got it all wrong. the RSB is more effective than the FSTB. i first installed the FSTB and it only felt a little more stiff while turning corners. after driving around with it for a couple days, i installed the RSB and repeated the course around my neighborhood. i could say the RSB helped so much more. anyway, it's better to have both the FSTB and RSB...
Old 02-06-2002, 09:41 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jsst recevied Front strut bar

Originally posted by KrZyMaX

dude, you got it all wrong. the RSB is more effective than the FSTB.

I may be wrong, but this seems like an opinion type thing to me...maybe he observed different things than you did. To him, the FSTB gave more of a result. To you, the RSB did. It's all good.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ryan
NO i HAVEN'T, i ORDERED A INTAKE FROM THEM AND IT FIT OK
Old 02-06-2002, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by Cashj2002

NO i HAVEN'T, i ORDERED A INTAKE FROM THEM AND IT FIT OK
YOUR CAPS LOCK IS ON.

I also thought that the RSB was more noticable.

Kirk
Old 02-06-2002, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by MaximaEX

I stay away from procarparts.com too...
I once ordered a clear sidemarkers for my friend's Camry, but they said my credit card didn't go through because I had different Billing adress. So I said cool, I'll take my business elsewhere and ordered the makers from other vendor.
3 weeks after that, out of blue, I got this email from UPS notifying me that the sidemarkers were shipped and headed to somewhere in CA. (I live in NY).
I tried to check what was going on, and found out that the procarparts charged me and sent the sidemarkers using their ghost company (the website for this company who supposedly sent me the sidemarkers which I didn't order had the same menu and pictures that the procarparts used/ except that the website was for the shows only, they didn't have prices on their product even, and there was no option for placing orders there)
I didn't bother to investigate more. I just don't order anything from them anymore instead.
Hey man, you know you didn't have to pay for it. Did you pay? You could have disputed it. They don't have your signature so they can't get the money from you.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:20 AM

Very effective. If you are going for better cornering get a Rear Sway Bar(RSB) first. Then get the FSTB. Ther RSTB wont help much unles you auto-x.

Kirk
I am a man of science, what exactly does the strut bars do?
Old 02-07-2002, 08:22 AM
Maxima owner since 2000

I am a man of science, what exactly does the strut bars do?
you use them to whack riceboys in hondas...

actually, they help stiffen the suspension of your car. believe me, it's a good investment.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:30 PM

[B]

/B]
Old 02-07-2002, 01:53 PM

thanks for the info - i'll stay away from that site...but a 30 dollar thing improve turning so much?? - hrmrm - i'm still a bit skeptical but since its cheap i'll still experiment
Old 02-07-2002, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
thanks for the info - i'll stay away from that site...but a 30 dollar thing improve turning so much?? - hrmrm - i'm still a bit skeptical but since its cheap i'll still experiment
yeah it doesnt work at all.

Ignore the fact that they make them for almost every car based on the fact that they improve handling to such a degree that everyone wants them, forget that they are stock on some cars (and why would a car company put them on if they do nothing? To waste income?) Your right though I mean it only costs 30 bucks or so, it cant do anything effective

SuDZ
Old 02-07-2002, 06:22 PM

If you feel bad about $30 buy the $150-200 stillen one:P

Kirk
Old 02-07-2002, 09:51 PM

Ryan
I bought my front strut bar from Procarparts.com about a month ago, and if you are talking about the threads not working right, its because you are doing it wrong. The bolt wouldn't fit on one side, and after my brother and I spent a half-hour trying to figure it out, we realized that the bad side was a REVERSE thread, meaning you had to twist it the other way in order for it to go on. If this doesnt work for you, then I'm clueless. This should work for you if its what you are describing.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:21 PM

lol - i didnt ask for sarcasm.....but eh - i guess the question has been asked a million times - so it prolly does get agravating (i.e. "how can i beat a mustang" - stuff like that)
Old 02-08-2002, 12:31 AM

lol - i didnt ask for sarcasm.....but eh - i guess the question has been asked a million times - so it prolly does get agravating (i.e. "how can i beat a mustang" - stuff like that)
Sorry, didnt mean to mock you. I can attest to the fact that they do work well. Here is how they work:

The bar keeps the tops of the towers from leaning inwards during hard cornering. This reduces body flex. This allows you to corner harder with better control. The RSB is a better buy than the RSTB IMO.

Kirk
Old 02-08-2002, 01:36 AM

ryan
That's the reason why customaxima.com and eatricezone.com exist guaranteed to fit.Life suck's doesn't it.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:56 PM

actually, they help stiffen the suspension of your car. believe me, it's a good investment.
By stiffening the suspension doesn't it make the car more bumppy?
Old 02-09-2002, 03:32 AM

By stiffening the suspension doesn't it make the car more bumppy?
Logically yes, but this product does not stiffen the suspension, well, not exactly. It keeps the car from flexing and allowing the strut towers to come closer together durring a turn. This does not make the ride any more harsh, it only helps you take corners faster with more control.

Kirk
Old 02-09-2002, 09:57 AM

Logically yes, but this product does not stiffen the suspension, well, not exactly. It keeps the car from flexing and allowing the strut towers to come closer together durring a turn. This does not make the ride any more harsh, it only helps you take corners faster with more control.

Kirk

Good Answer!.....