4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ever got a ticket with your Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 06:51 PM

Ever got a ticket with your Maxima?

I was wondering if anyone noticed that when they mod the Max that they started getting tickets? My theory is that cops harass young punks with cheap Civics and Golfs and don't ticket family cars such as Max's. But if they see a mod max then they would associate it with young punks.

Well my friend has a prelude and get tickets like crazy. A cop once followed him home before giving him a couple of stupid tickets (one stupid ticket wasn't enough).
Old 02-05-2002, 06:59 PM

Well how about this. In October I got a speeding ticket. Now my car is a 1995 maxima GXE stock. (well stock back then). I mean, no spoiler, beige, hub caps, nothing flashy! Well cop pulls me over and gives me a 5 point ticket and I loose my license for 10 days. Then again I was doing 95 in a 55, and I have only had my license for 3 months. <<Damn reckless kids these days>>

-Ian
Old 02-05-2002, 07:04 PM
www.autotalk.com

totally OT
Old 02-05-2002, 08:15 PM

i got a ticket for doin the speed limit on the L I E ..lol ..na the cop pulled me ova cause i had improper bulbs n tints too dark ...first time in 2 yrs a cop notices....or are L I cops juss ...::cough...cough;:: well ..he gave me 2 tix.... they gettin dismissed ..cause he screwed up both tix ....

Old 02-05-2002, 08:31 PM

I got caught ina checkpoint and the cop gave me four tickets. One for eachof my window, he put the thing on the glass and it said 13% visibility. Court date is the 21 of feb.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:58 PM

First ticket I ever got was in my max, and I didn't even own it yet! The dealership was letting me borrow it overnight, and I was "streching its legs". I was passing a semi and got radared at 81 in a 65 (because it was at night, 70 in day). Just glad he wasn't there when I was pushing the rev limiter in the auto (120~)
Old 02-05-2002, 09:37 PM

i got a ticket at stony brook once for parking without a permit =( - but it was a 15 dollar fine
Old 02-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Just got my Max on Monday, but I'm afraid I'm going to get a ticket again. The short 5th gear in this thing just keeps the engine humming on the highway and the VQ just wants to go!!

I'm going on a long road trip with the woman this weekend too with lots of highway miles in d!ckhead-PA-state-trooper land.

Previous tickets were:
82/65 (guilty, points, big fine, ins. didn't go up though)
52/35 (plea bargained to 5-over/no-points)
78/65 (plea bargained to 5-over/no-points)

My plea bargain to 5-over/no-points strategy has been quite successful and effective. I've still ended up paying fines, but the real financial burden is when your insurance rates skyrocket. By keeping points off of your license you keep your insurance rates nice and low ;-)
Old 02-05-2002, 09:51 PM

well....... let's see my story might be OT but here it goes...
last Friday, i went out go grab some food. and i had my car parked in fire lane. and when i come out cop was writing parking ticket. i was like aite it's my fault. and as i was heading back home these two cops follows me and pulls me over. i was like now wat..... and it was the same cop all of a sudden he handcuffs me and tells me im under arrest... and my friend had to bail me out with F#cking $600 cash. later i found out that someone used my license. and got two tickets and didn't show up for court. well what tha fock is that? anyone here with similar situation? i got a court date but i don't know what the fock to do...........

thanks,
Tae
Old 02-05-2002, 10:05 PM

Originally posted by taeMAX97
well....... let's see my story might be OT but here it goes...
last Friday, i went out go grab some food. and i had my car parked in fire lane. and when i come out cop was writing parking ticket. i was like aite it's my fault. and as i was heading back home these two cops follows me and pulls me over. i was like now wat..... and it was the same cop all of a sudden he handcuffs me and tells me im under arrest... and my friend had to bail me out with F#cking $600 cash. later i found out that someone used my license. and got two tickets and didn't show up for court. well what tha fock is that? anyone here with similar situation? i got a court date but i don't know what the fock to do...........

thanks,
Tae
just go to court and say it wasn't you. happened to me and i got off. what kind of ticket was it? mine was a speeding ticket. turns out my brother had memorized my ssn and told the cop he didn't have his drivers license on him and stuck me with the ticket. when i went to court, the judge asked for my license and the signature on the ticket and my id did not match. i didn't rat out my bro...but he had to pay me $150 to keep quiet.
good luck man...
Old 02-05-2002, 10:21 PM
EZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I once saw a Z28 beside me and gunned it. We both reach about 120 then we saw traffic ahead so we slowed down, however....5 miles later I see this cop right on my a$$ and he pulls me over. He comes up to the window and said "when you went by, my doors blew open" He asked me how fast I was going and I told him I didn't know so he gave me a ticket for 85. Lucky Z28 took the previous exit
Old 02-05-2002, 10:34 PM
Sports Button FTW

pulled over couple times

i got pulled over once cause of tints

got a speeding ticket on rt 280 for going 85 in a 65 mph zone, but dam, if you guys were on that road, yaw would be like, perfect road for racing...clear, clean and nothing but cement in front of you...

One thing u learn after paying for your first ticket is that if you fight tickets, they become weaker charges...i just paid my first ticket and got like 4 points put on my license, then my friends called me a jack a$$ and all for not going to court, now i know what to do, but u always learn from your mistakes
Old 02-05-2002, 10:44 PM

Re: Ever got a ticket with your Maxima?

Originally posted by sharkyjay
I was wondering if anyone noticed that when they mod the Max that they started getting tickets? My theory is that cops harass young punks with cheap Civics and Golfs and don't ticket family cars such as Max's. But if they see a mod max then they would associate it with young punks.

Well my friend has a prelude and get tickets like crazy. A cop once followed him home before giving him a couple of stupid tickets (one stupid ticket wasn't enough).
I have had my fair share of 'em. Three for speeding, one for ramming another car, and one for improper colored lights, but I'm waiting for a court date to fight that last one. Also, I have talked my way out of a speeding ticket and two for blue lights.

The frequency with which I got oulled over for speeding didn't seem to change when I started modding, but of course all the pretty lights get them eying me to see what they can bust me for. It was kinda funny, the cop that gave me the ticket for my lights actually complimented me on how nice they looked.
Old 02-05-2002, 11:07 PM

Re: Re: Ever got a ticket with your Maxima?

Originally posted by Prolepsis

I have had my fair share of 'em. Three for speeding, one for ramming another car, and one for improper colored lights, but I'm waiting for a court date to fight that last one. Also, I have talked my way out of a speeding ticket and two for blue lights.

The frequency with which I got oulled over for speeding didn't seem to change when I started modding, but of course all the pretty lights get them eying me to see what they can bust me for. It was kinda funny, the cop that gave me the ticket for my lights actually complimented me on how nice they looked.
read my "need help with ticket... can benefit us all if i win" post, good luck with that blue light ticket. youll most likely have to take it past arraignment court. just got back from that. if you fight it lemme know how it goes.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:38 AM

When I was young and stupid, I got caught speeding (55 in a 35 zone) with my bone stock Maxima (plastic hubcaps and all). Ticket was $185, and I did an online traffic school to clear the point from my record.
Old 02-06-2002, 01:02 AM

I got pulled over a few nights ago for going 38 in a 35 the cop must have realized that he really shouldnt have pulled me over so he checked my dl and insurance and then gave me a verbal warning. Take Care
Old 02-06-2002, 05:03 AM
maximo1

The only ticket i've ever gotten was on my way back from Virginia
going through Maryland. Cop gave me a ticket for doing 71 on a 55!
How many cops still give tickets for doing 71? only there. Ive gotten
stopped for doing 71 in RI, and the cop just told me to sloe it down.
Must not have been my lucky day.

Old 02-06-2002, 05:27 AM

I only got one ticket, and it's for a "parking in area on a sweeping day" in San Francisco. $35. Strange, in where I live, If cars park on sweeping days, the sweeping truck just go around and keep sweeping, never a ticket...Therefore it's a SF city regulation.
Old 02-06-2002, 05:30 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

In my Max, I've gotten pulled over 3 times, but only 1 ticket, 52 in a 35.

My personal best was 77 in a 50 and "attempting to elude." That got me a $430 fine. But that was in my friend's integra...
Old 02-06-2002, 06:46 AM

all these stories take me back to last summer... first summer with my max. almost stock, racing someone on the interstate.. flattest clearest interstate, and goes forever- easy to top out a car on it, and NEVER cops... 140mph in a 65.. I was "let off easy" with a citation for 116 in a 65. My dad had his team of lawyers go for me, but dont worry - I got to foot the bill, and lets just say - I could have had a supercharger.... buut, it got cleared from my record thank goodness!! I don't even know what the lawyers did in court because they told me not to show up, b/c I'd look like a punk kid and it would in no way make the situation better.

I've been pulled over umm a bunch of times in louisville, the cops there are the best... warnings everytime. Even accidentally raced a cop on the highway once - don't ask.. still, he cussed me out and then said take it easy and show respect to drivers... goodnight. haha , now that I said I love louisville cops.. umm there is one who drives a camaro SS that is a ****, and I actually got tagged by a state trooper which are super rare to come in louisville - he was sitting on a ramp, in rocks - where there was NO chance to see him. Also, he wrote on the ticket it took him 6 miles to catch me and I slowed down as soon as we raced! sloow cop, why didnt I get off before he caught up? well, b/c I didnt see him (one of my friends actually called me haha to tell me I had a cop on my tail when he was still out of sight - too bad the next exit was like 5 miles, and I was only going 90ish then.. oh well

hope that didnt bore you all too much
Old 02-06-2002, 06:56 AM

only time i got a ticket of the times i was pulled over was when i was kinda racing my friends 88 IROC Camaro...the cop pulled ME over!!!!!...hello????...and i didn't even have any mods yet...he gave me only careless driving cause he said i was tailgating...he didn't mention racing cause i guess he knows the Camaros can't run with my Max i went to court and plead guilty to a brand new NJ law..."driving in an unsafe manner"...no point moving violation...paid 120 bucks

adrian
Old 02-06-2002, 08:44 AM

Last week I blew past a cop doing about 80. he was doing about 50 himself. he turned on his lights and was extremely ****ed, yelled at me to slow it down then kept driving. ??? don't know why he didn't give me a ticket,but i'm thankful. maybe he was off duty or something?
Old 02-06-2002, 09:39 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

this is OT (Off-Topic)

But since you're new to the org, I'd assume you're not aware of the OT section is accessible only to members who have donated over $20.

Enjoy this thread while it's still around.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:41 AM
BlkCat

I've not had the pleasure yet!

Went through a Drinking and Driving Counterattack roadside check one night and my fogs were on. The cop said to me "Is it foggy tonight?" I said "Sorry? Is it foggy?" He said "Yes, your fog lights are on". I switched them off and he let me go. Btw lots of drivers ranging from SUVs to Cadillacs here have their fogs on too.

Old 02-06-2002, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by BlkCat
I've not had the pleasure yet!

Went through a Drinking and Driving Counterattack roadside check one night and my fogs were on. The cop said to me "Is it foggy tonight?" I said "Sorry? Is it foggy?" He said "Yes, your fog lights are on". I switched them off and he let me go. Btw lots of drivers ranging from SUVs to Cadillacs here have their fogs on too.

you're not allowed to have your fogs on for normal driving?...3 out of our 4 cars have fog lights on them (unfortunately not the max ) but everytime the headlights are on, the fogs are on, there something wrong in this?
Old 02-06-2002, 06:05 PM

I remember once I was driving and this old minivan passed me. I stepped up and kill the guy going 120 KM in a 50 KM city. When we both stopped at a light a cop was behind the van and a cop going the other direction pulled did a u and pulled up beside me. I was going way faster than the van. Once the light turned green the cop pulled ahead of me and cut in front of the van. The cops sandwich the van.

That was the closest i ever got.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:01 PM

I remember once I was driving and this old minivan passed me. I stepped up and kill the guy going 120 KM in a 50 KM city. When we both stopped at a light a cop was behind the van and a cop going the other direction pulled did a u and pulled up beside me. I was going way faster than the van. Once the light turned green the cop pulled ahead of me and cut in front of the van. The cops sandwich the van.

That was the closest i ever got.
An old minivan... nice kill.

Ha ha, j/k.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:44 PM
tiedyemaxima

The first ticket i ever got in my max. got me arrested. I still can not dive now cause of it. while i was driveing after i was arrested i got pulled over in the same town by the same cop. Told me when he saw me he remebered me and asked if i was doing the same stuff again. I had them following me around. Once they get your car they have it for life, the bottom line. If you think about it which could be up to more(speeding, running drugs, doing drugs, drinking) the neon or the pimped out max.

Old 02-06-2002, 09:02 PM

Owned for life

I hear the cops owning you for the life of your car. In my town it seems as though every time I pull out of m driveway I have a cop in my trunk. They have pulled me over at least 20 times in the last year and a half for all kinds of foolishness (loud music, no front license plate, outdated reg. sticker, tint check, etc.). They catch you doing something wrong once....and you are forever a target.

BTW they first time they "caught" me doing something wrong I supposedly sideswiped somebody in a 88 F-350 when he actually hit me (he was drunk, but a friend of the police). Yeah I intentionally drove into a monster truck with my nice shiny new Max.....sounds like the logical thing to do....

Ryan
Old 02-06-2002, 09:42 PM

i got my first max ticket in qns.. cops pulled me over because they said my signal light should be the orange one as oppose to the diamond cut ones i got.. i went to the court to fight against this.. turns out that the cops were wrong.. doesn't matter what color the cover is as long as the lights itself was amber.. which mine wasn't.. but in the end, the cops were wrong so the judge jus dropped the ticket.. lucky me..
Old 02-07-2002, 06:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Ever got a ticket with your Maxima?

Originally posted by Prolepsis

hey the same thing happend to me. I had blue sidemarkers and blue nozzle ligths and the cop commentment me on how they look 2. He was like they look nice, but they gotta go. I should have said if u don't give me a ticket I will install some on your crusier lol. I got pullled over in Virginia for my lights, then the cop tries to say u were speeding going 74 in a 55 and he had no radar. He was just attracted to my lights thats all.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:11 AM

Re: Ever got a ticket with your Maxima?

i got 6 tickets in 2 years. i have been going to the court 2 months stright and about 2 more month stright to go then after that might be more cause i keep appealing it. im going to ask for a vip seat next time i go. lol
Old 02-07-2002, 08:51 AM
BlkCat

Originally posted by 97BlackMax

you're not allowed to have your fogs on for normal driving?...3 out of our 4 cars have fog lights on them (unfortunately not the max ) but everytime the headlights are on, the fogs are on, there something wrong in this?
It was a cold and clear night...I think the cop was just flexing his "muscles" at that time. I still drive with the fogs on at night, regardless.

Old 02-07-2002, 09:09 AM

cops have nuttin better to do ...then to bug for us..for whateva lil mod lightin we have on our cars....

Old 02-07-2002, 09:33 AM

i got two tickets in maxima and one in my 4runner, maxima i got 55 in a 40 and a 52 in a 40, 4runner gave me the worst one, state trooper going other direction clocked me at 70 in a 55 (got me as i crossed over from a 65 zone)...he didnt pull me over(i noticed him following) for a good 5 miles or so, and wrote me the ticket, i call and they say its 200 sumthin dollars, i couldnt believe it, so i look at ticket and notice he marked me down for speeding in a school/bus zone.....yet there r no schools or buses on or near that road..except for the kindergarden school which i remember that he pulled me over next to, apparently the ******* trooper made it look like i was speeding i guess next to the school, and worst off, my dad who works for government didnt let me go against ticket at all in court so i had to pay in full, regardless of the fact that i wasnt near a school zone