4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Whats next? What is left to do after Intake,Y-pipe,Cat-back?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 12:49 AM

Whats next? What is left to do after Intake,Y-pipe,Cat-back?

I know there is info about this out there but I wanted everyones current opinion on what mod is left to do after the ones listed in the subject title.(Besides NOS,SC) Is there anything left that will provide decent gains? I was thinking about getting a Random Technology Cat but ive heard people say that they dont really give our cars any gains. Like I said I already have an INtake, Y-Pipe, Cat-Back exhaust. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 02-06-2002, 12:52 AM

Re: Whats next? What is left to do after Intake,Y-pipe,Cat-back?

Originally posted by ZWW21
I know there is info about this out there but I wanted everyones current opinion on what mod is left to do after the ones listed in the subject title.(Besides NOS,SC) Is there anything left that will provide decent gains? I was thinking about getting a Random Technology Cat but ive heard people say that they dont really give our cars any gains. Like I said I already have an INtake, Y-Pipe, Cat-Back exhaust. Any help would be great. Thanks
Yeah im in that same boat. Ive done intake, y-pipe and cat back and dont know what to get now. I have heard good and bad things about the RT cats, but have no personal experience with them. I hear mostly bad things about the pulleys but again have no experience with them. There is always Dons VB mod if you want to do something like that. Im sure someone on here can help you out with some other ideas. Take Care
Old 02-06-2002, 05:19 AM

Re: Whats next? What is left to do after Intake,Y-pipe,Cat-back?

Originally posted by ZWW21
Did you do any suspension mods yet? I mean whats the point of having all that power, if you can't fully control it?
Old 02-06-2002, 07:47 AM

Re: Re: Whats next? What is left to do after Intake,Y-pipe,Cat-back?

Originally posted by 98BlaximaSE

Did you do any suspension mods yet? I mean whats the point of having all that power, if you can't fully control it?
I agree. On the power sside, there isn't a whole lot left that you haven't tackled without starting to spend MAD$$$ to get gains.

Arguably, the Maxima's weak point is not it's engine, but rather the suspension. I would look there (if you haven't already) for your next improvements, but that's just me.

If all you want to do is go in a straight line fast, then start saving your pennies for the S/C or Juice.