4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Hi All, new here

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 06:15 PM

Hi All, new here

Hey everybody, I am new here, site looks great. I look forward to spending tons of time here, and i am sure i am gonna find it very helpful.
I just purchased a 99 Maxima ES. I dont know if that is what its called down in the states, but i am from Canada and its the ES up here. My previous car was a 96 Grand Am, so i am sure i defintely upgraded lol. I just bought it today, so other than the test drive I have yet to get used to her. PLease give me some praise on the car lol, to make my decision look good in picking a Maxima.
If someone could tell me the stock speaker sizes for this car it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2002, 06:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Hi All, new here

Originally posted by Stillmatic
Hey everybody, I am new here, site looks great. I look forward to spending tons of time here, and i am sure i am gonna find it very helpful.
I just purchased a 99 Maxima ES. I dont know if that is what its called down in the states, but i am from Canada and its the ES up here. My previous car was a 96 Grand Am, so i am sure i defintely upgraded lol. I just bought it today, so other than the test drive I have yet to get used to her. PLease give me some praise on the car lol, to make my decision look good in picking a Maxima.
If someone could tell me the stock speaker sizes for this car it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to the board. An ES in Canana is very close to the SE here. I think the speaker sizes are 5 1/4 in the front and 6 1/2 in the back. Try using the search function on the speaker sizes so you don't have to rely on my guesses.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:25 PM
RKS

Welcome

You'll also be spending lots of $$$. US specs don't have an ES model but this link may help to sort it out. Here
Old 02-14-2002, 06:40 PM

RKS- Hey, why will i be spending lots of $$$$$. Was that u saying as in mods or as in $$$$$$ for repair probs. I do plan on modding the hell out of it though

BlkStnValyMaxima - Thanks, i tried search but couldnt come up with a definitive answer. Do u know if there is room in the door to fit 6 1\2 speakers. I dont want my Bostons to go to waste. Hopefully not that much cutting will be needed.

ty RKS for the link. it helped. Mine didnt come with the spoiler but i got them to add it on for me, no charge.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:44 PM

Hello, my name is David and I'm a maxma driver.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:53 PM
RKS

RKS- Hey, why will i be spending lots of $$$$$. Was that u saying as in mods or as in $$$$$$ for repair probs. I do plan on modding the hell out of it though
I have about 160K miles on my 95 SE and never had any major problems. Regular maintenance should give you years of trouble-free driving...
Old 02-14-2002, 07:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Welcome Stillmatic!

Old 02-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

The speaker sizes are 6 1/2 all the way around.

Welcome to the world of Minima ownership.

Get a y-pipe.
And an RSB.

And clear corner lights.

And all the other things a Maxima must have.

Old 02-14-2002, 07:39 PM

Audio info. resource

For comprehensive mobile audio fitment & other resources, visit www.crutchfield.com

Welcome to the .org!

Old 02-14-2002, 09:53 PM

Welcome Stillmatic, are you a NaS fan??
Old 02-14-2002, 09:56 PM

Yep, definately 6 1/2" all around.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-14-2002, 10:13 PM

hehe if you really get into the mods it will be from that you spend the $$$ definantly not the problems. Welcome Aboard.

SuDZ
Old 02-14-2002, 11:32 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Welcome!

Your questions already seemed answered...

We envy your Canadian ES's limited slip tranny! At least those w/o the Quaife upgrade
Old 02-15-2002, 04:50 AM
i SeE what you did therE

hello!!!
Old 02-15-2002, 07:00 AM

Originally posted by MaximaRider
Welcome Stillmatic, are you a NaS fan??
Yep a huge fan. I think i am loving this forum already. Im usually on www.caraudioforum.com all the time, but it looks like i will be hooked on this one too
Old 02-15-2002, 08:56 AM

what are you guys talking about inches he said hes canadian thats metric country. just kidding, welcome to the org
Old 02-15-2002, 09:45 AM

Speaker size is actually 6.75" or 6.5S" all around for Non-BOSE. . . I don't know if it is the same with BOSE. I am assuming if you are replacing the speakers it is Non-BOSE though.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:59 PM

Originally posted by Adidas_Boy
Speaker size is actually 6.75" or 6.5S" all around for Non-BOSE. . . I don't know if it is the same with BOSE. I am assuming if you are replacing the speakers it is Non-BOSE though.
Which is still too small for most MB Quarts.

They are more like 7" with the lips, or 160mm. Most other brands (Infinity, Diamond, Focal) will fit no problem.

IanS
Old 02-15-2002, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by iansw

They are more like 7" with the lips, or 160mm. Most other brands (Infinity, Diamond, Focal) will fit no problem.

IanS
I got Boston 6X9's and boston 6 1/2. looks like i am gonna sell the 6X9's.

And i wouldnt care if it was bose or not, nothing beats after market speakers.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:26 PM
FJC

Re: Hi All, new here

Thanks
Hey Nas...
Old 02-15-2002, 06:50 PM

IanS
I don't think I understand what you mean. . . I have MB Quart 6.5S and they fit perfect in my stock openings, no problems at all fitting.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by Adidas_Boy

I don't think I understand what you mean. . . I have MB Quart 6.5S and they fit perfect in my stock openings, no problems at all fitting.
Odd, I have MB Quart QM160's, and they don't fit. Went to Magnolia Hi-Fi to talk to them about it, and they said they almost always have to put a plywood plate around the holes on stock doors for MBQuarts to make new screw holes, because the lips are too big.

I did this, and put them in my car, and they rubbed very bad against the door panel, and the door panel didn't fit on all the way. Enough to where it wasn't noticeable to the casual observer, but still not on right.

I put some Focal 6.5's in there, and they fit perfectly.

IanS
Old 02-15-2002, 08:39 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Wasup Stillmatic.

the album turned out pretty damn good, grew on me... except for Braveheart Party
Old 02-15-2002, 09:24 PM

Odd, I have MB Quart QM160's, and they don't fit. Went to Magnolia Hi-Fi to talk to them about it, and they said they almost always have to put a plywood plate around the holes on stock doors for MBQuarts to make new screw holes, because the lips are too big.

I did this, and put them in my car, and they rubbed very bad against the door panel, and the door panel didn't fit on all the way. Enough to where it wasn't noticeable to the casual observer, but still not on right.

I put some Focal 6.5's in there, and they fit perfectly.

IanS
Maybe the newer speakers are like that. . . Mine are a couple years old. Mobil RSB 218 seperates in the front, and Mobil 160.03 kx coaxials in the rear. Both fit fine though.