4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Found picture of back damage after accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 06:47 PM

Found picture of back damage after accident

The damage costed me 2700 dollars.The car is all fixed now and looks better then ever after a complete paint job etc.. The front was damaged a lot more. The whole chasy had to be realighned yikes! Anyway was checking my digital camera and found the pic I took of the back for some weird reason. Happend two or three weeks ago.! Was driving in heavy snow on low profile almost bold tires and the car went into a rear spin! I will get all new pictures tommorow of my baby all good and healthy right out of surgery.

Picture!
Old 02-14-2002, 08:38 PM

Re: Found picture of back damage after accident

Bummer.. The car is in great condition and it looks new except the attenta, the plastic piece cracked now it wont go in all the way. Anyone know how I can fix it.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:39 PM

Re: Re: Found picture of back damage after accident

Originally posted by orgasmicNYC
Bummer.. The car is in great condition and it looks new except the attenta, the plastic piece cracked now it wont go in all the way. Anyone know how I can fix it.
Try looking for the same plastic parts at the junkyard. Maybe by swapping the two you can take care of it. Not really sure waht plastic piece you mean though. Can you clarify that?

SuDZ
Old 02-14-2002, 11:58 PM
no more maxima...

Damn....is that your taurus right besides the maxima? We have a Taurus (1999 SE) that just received that exact same damage...and the cheapest repair estimate we got so far (without replacing the actual panel) is 2500 cdn.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by kingrukus
Damn....is that your taurus right besides the maxima? We have a Taurus (1999 SE) that just received that exact same damage...and the cheapest repair estimate we got so far (without replacing the actual panel) is 2500 cdn.
Yea, it was expensive but I got a good deal from the auto body repair shop, I had to replace a fender there a year ago from a differnt accident so they kind of gave me a great deal. Remember I also needed the chasy realigned and a lot more damage was in the front. The attenta piece... I will take lots of pictures when I get home and post em up for greater clarity of the attena problem. I also want to take the car for a spin see if it handles the same around 100 mph as it did previouse to the accident. Its hard though becaues I live in NYC. By the way, I was thinking of putting my old fog lights back on they were broken in the accident so I had to get them replaced... Should I put the originals back in or do a little mod and put the new sports fog lights in from the new 1999 + Maxima's. That would require cutting the metal host of the original fog lights in order to compensate for the different sizes. Thanks, David
Old 02-15-2002, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by kingrukus
Tried checking your cardomain site but it was down. Do you like the intrepid? I owned one before my Max and had horrible luck with it, you hit any problems yet?

SuDZ
Old 02-15-2002, 01:26 PM

Re: Found picture of back damage after accident

Originally posted by orgasmicNYC
The damage costed me 2700 dollars.The car is all fixed now and looks better then ever after a complete paint job etc.. The front was damaged a lot more. The whole chasy had to be realighned yikes! Anyway was checking my digital camera and found the pic I took of the back for some weird reason. Happend two or three weeks ago.! Was driving in heavy snow on low profile almost bold tires and the car went into a rear spin! I will get all new pictures tommorow of my baby all good and healthy right out of surgery.

Picture!
What's on your rear bumper? Is that the "ribbed for her pleasure" version or something?
Old 02-15-2002, 01:43 PM

Hey, do you still have your rear bumper???? I would love to buy it if you do!
Old 02-15-2002, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by JdawgX
Hey, do you still have your rear bumper???? I would love to buy it if you do!
Sorry, no, the rear bumper was fine, I just had it repainted with the rest of the car. The front bumper reinforcment was shot so I had that changed. Basiccly, I have no parts left and I decided to keep the regular fog lights and save me trouble. I'm going down to the autobody shop wendesday if anyone wants a working fog light just the glass was damaged or a fully working head light just the host was damages so you will need to silicone it let me now. I had them all changed and the old parts are at the body shop I forget to take them with me when I left. Anyway, I came up just now and its dark out, not in the mood of taking pictures right now maybe later. Thanks.