4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What should I get to go with my NX kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 04:03 PM

What should I get to go with my NX kit

just got the nx kit what should I get to go along
with it. Purge kit bottle opener and bottle warmer is
on my list. What are some saftey features so I do not
harm the car?
Old 02-20-2002, 05:08 PM

i just made a list of stuff...

AF gauge, EGT gauge, NOS gauge, bottle heater, window switch, purge kit, fuel pump if > 60-70 shot, fuel pressure regulators?????
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....e+nitrous+info

oh yah and maybe a new clutch, notice my sig?
Old 02-20-2002, 06:29 PM

Buttons on the steering wheel.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:37 PM

i also just bought the NX kit. I bought the GEN X2 upgrade. it consist of: atomatic bottle heater, perge, fuel safety cut off, NHRA blow off cap, blow down toob, and a nitrous pressure gauge. Now from my understandings and I talk to a lot of PROFESSIONALS not the every day nitrous user, with the NX kit you do not need any of the AF or EGT guages. The system is already tuned and will not run lean or rich if properly installed. They also said you need not upgrade your fuel system just check you fuel filter(for wet shot). I have always heard that you need all kinds of satey but no one really ever explained why. Well the different guys I talked to did explain their side and it seemed very convincing. Not all of the people I talked to even sold NX so they had nothing to gain by giving me this info. i bought the GEN X2 because I mostly wanted the heater and purge but the fuel safety cut of and blow off cap give you a safer feeling. Now I know what every one is going to say but most of them also have NOS. The technology advances are like comparing a carb car to a fuel injection. Not to diss NOS because the make an awsome product. But they are also almost all running NOS dry shots. You can take my work for it or call around yourself. Anyhow good luck I am installing mine tommorow.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Tyson97SE
i also just bought the NX kit. I bought the GEN X2 upgrade. it consist of: atomatic bottle heater, perge, fuel safety cut off, NHRA blow off cap, blow down toob, and a nitrous pressure gauge. Now from my understandings and I talk to a lot of PROFESSIONALS not the every day nitrous user, with the NX kit you do not need any of the AF or EGT guages. The system is already tuned and will not run lean or rich if properly installed. They also said you need not upgrade your fuel system just check you fuel filter(for wet shot). I have always heard that you need all kinds of satey but no one really ever explained why. Well the different guys I talked to did explain their side and it seemed very convincing. Not all of the people I talked to even sold NX so they had nothing to gain by giving me this info. i bought the GEN X2 because I mostly wanted the heater and purge but the fuel safety cut of and blow off cap give you a safer feeling. Now I know what every one is going to say but most of them also have NOS. The technology advances are like comparing a carb car to a fuel injection. Not to diss NOS because the make an awsome product. But they are also almost all running NOS dry shots. You can take my work for it or call around yourself. Anyhow good luck I am installing mine tommorow.
How did the install go and how is it working? I do know that NX is the only company that makes a kit that will run the HP it says within 1 or 2%. Have you tried going to a bigger shot etc?
Old 04-07-2002, 04:21 PM

walbro fuel pump, retard your spark plugs by like 2 degrees, retard your ignition as well, remote bottle opener, botle heater....oil temp guage, nos guage