4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

way cool......

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002 | 06:41 PM
Langley AFB Sux

way cool......

Budget exhaust y pipe is very sweet........no fitment probs......had to fix a leak at the cat.......misalingned gasket......barely any "bees in a can" sweet tone with exhaust and CAI and..........man.....lots o power awesome for 189$ to my door.

Aaron
Old 03-23-2002 | 06:54 PM

Re: way cool......

Aaron, thanks for posting up your thoughts! We're running a local group deal for the Budget ypipe's in Toronto and I'm getting mine in 1-2 weeks. If you dyno your car can you post them up? Thanks,

Nathan
Originally posted by Aaron95SE
Budget exhaust y pipe is very sweet........no fitment probs......had to fix a leak at the cat.......misalingned gasket......barely any "bees in a can" sweet tone with exhaust and CAI and..........man.....lots o power awesome for 189$ to my door.

Aaron
Old 03-23-2002 | 06:59 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Re: way cool......

Originally posted by Nathan
Aaron, thanks for posting up your thoughts! We're running a local group deal for the Budget ypipe's in Toronto and I'm getting mine in 1-2 weeks. If you dyno your car can you post them up? Thanks,

Nathan
Hmmmm sure.......i leave for UAE this next week tho......so ill have to do it when i get back. Never really wanted to dyno till now......wonder what i have at the wheels with CAI/Y-Pipe.......its bloody fast ill say.......and for some odd reason i think the Venom 400 pcm actually does something....smoked a crx....b18C motor i think.....
Old 03-23-2002 | 07:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: way cool......

How much of an increase in noise did you get? Right now I have a jwt intake and exhaust so will I be able to notice a difference in noise at idle or at regular driving speeds? Thanks,

Nathan

Hmmmm sure.......i leave for UAE this next week tho......so ill have to do it when i get back. Never really wanted to dyno till now......wonder what i have at the wheels with CAI/Y-Pipe.......its bloody fast ill say.......and for some odd reason i think the Venom 400 pcm actually does something....smoked a crx....b18C motor i think.....
Old 03-23-2002 | 07:05 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Re: Re: Re: way cool......

How much of an increase in noise did you get? Right now I have a jwt intake and exhaust so will I be able to notice a difference in noise at idle or at regular driving speeds? Thanks,

Nathan
Actually just a slight "burble" from exhaust at idle......sounds way cool.....very little raspy or bees in can sound....if so the CAI drowns it out.......chuck that jwt and get a PR CAI......used or new its worth it.......ask people.....when your racing them and they are either next to you, losing or pulling away they still have this look like " WTF does he have in that thing?" Sounds cool at idle as well So over all.......i love the mod......if i had a full cat back it would be louder i suppose.
Old 03-23-2002 | 07:35 PM

Re: way cool......

Aaron
Did you get the SS one or aluminized steel?
Old 03-23-2002 | 09:46 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Re: way cool......

Originally posted by StygianMax

Did you get the SS one or aluminized steel?
I believe the 304 SS one.
Old 03-24-2002 | 08:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: way cool......

Yeah, it's the SS one.

I believe the 304 SS one.
Old 03-24-2002 | 08:42 AM

you lucky fools with your installed y pipeS!!
does anyone know if nissan will check out my y pipe if i go in for oil change and 14pt inspection that follows it? i dont remmeber if they look at this stuff. i HATE their bi+¢hing at me
Old 03-24-2002 | 02:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: way cool......

Yeah, it's the SS one.
I guess Budget doesn't bother promoting their aluminized steel pipe much anymore... that's just fine for folks like us whose cars have to endure road salt!
Old 03-24-2002 | 03:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: way cool......

Their website has been down for a long time now. Is Budget Exhaust still alive and in business? I wanted to see how their cat-back is shaping up...
Old 03-24-2002 | 05:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: way cool......

Originally posted by Mishmosh
Their website has been down for a long time now. Is Budget Exhaust still alive and in business? I wanted to see how their cat-back is shaping up...
I noticed that too. They need to re-establish web-presence. They had a neat dyno chart too of a 4th gen. Max w/ y-pipe, exh., & I thought a hi-flow cat.
Old 03-24-2002 | 05:36 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

im very satisfied with my y pipe from budget, the only sound i get is in between the 1-2 shift that just sorta vibrates to a downtone like a blow off valve. i actually like that so i dont care, great for the price
Old 03-24-2002 | 06:28 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Yup

Originally posted by NotNew!!NewSN!!
im very satisfied with my y pipe from budget, the only sound i get is in between the 1-2 shift that just sorta vibrates to a downtone like a blow off valve. i actually like that so i dont care, great for the price
Hardly any bees sound and gobs o power......
Old 03-24-2002 | 06:56 PM

Re: Yup

Aaron, I got a quick question that's off topic. How much louder do you think the PR CAI is revving at idle compared to my JWT pop charger? Thanx,

Nathan

Hardly any bees sound and gobs o power......
Old 03-24-2002 | 07:00 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Re: Yup

Aaron, I got a quick question that's off topic. How much louder do you think the PR CAI is revving at idle compared to my JWT pop charger? Thanx,

Nathan
Probably not much........mine just has a "whooshing air" sound at idle...sounds cool