4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

how much do u people burn civics by?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 06:11 PM

how much do u people burn civics by?

i was jus curious...jus to pick on honda's...how much do u people beat civics by? how many car lengths? my friend has a 94 two door civic, with a 97 Vtec engine, and a custom exhaust...how much should i beat him by with my stock auto 97?? i wanna see wuts the recond for worst kill on a civic by sum1 in here...if this is a lame post, i can understand and u guys dont have to reply
Old 03-28-2002, 06:15 PM

If they aren't anything suprising like si's or s/c then its almost too far to tell. If someone was watching maybe you could. To me they are kinda small in the rearview.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:44 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i don't race civics
Old 03-28-2002, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
i don't race civics
I do sometimes, but I don't downshift
Old 03-28-2002, 08:14 PM

lots of my frieds have civics, but they can't hang with my max!! i don't really know how bad i beat them, but at the track, i usually run in the mid to high 9's, and they are in mid to low 10's. (and that's the fast ones! i have a friend with a 96 civic ex that runs consistent low 11's!!) i guess that prob comes out to about 2-3 lengths.

...i did have a friend with an '88 civic dx. i hooked up a bottle for him, and forgot to put the jet in so he was spraying like 125 horses... i don't think i coulda beat him. but then again, his car only ran for about 10 mins!!!! lmfao
Old 03-28-2002, 10:01 PM

"...i did have a friend with an '88 civic dx. i hooked up a bottle for him, and forgot to put the jet in so he was spraying like 125 horses... i don't think i coulda beat him. but then again, his car only ran for about 10 mins!!!! lmfao "

This was the funniest post I saw today..
Old 03-28-2002, 10:20 PM

If civic driviers race their stock civic then you should be shot.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by j-95G
lots of my frieds have civics, but they can't hang with my max!! i don't really know how bad i beat them, but at the track, i usually run in the mid to high 9's, and they are in mid to low 10's. (and that's the fast ones! i have a friend with a 96 civic ex that runs consistent low 11's!!) i guess that prob comes out to about 2-3 lengths.

what in the hell are you talking about? running 9s at the track......
Old 03-28-2002, 11:16 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
what in the hell are you talking about? running 9s at the track......
I'm sure he means 1/8 mile
Old 03-28-2002, 11:16 PM

17 bus lengths
Old 03-28-2002, 11:32 PM

...i did have a friend with an '88 civic dx. i hooked up a bottle for him, and forgot to put the jet in so he was spraying like 125 horses... i don't think i coulda beat him. but then again, his car only ran for about 10 mins!!!! lmfao
Wow you run 9's with a max!! How extensive are your modifications?
Old 03-29-2002, 12:50 AM

haha..this is good..yea civics are just retarded, and wuts worse is, the drivers inside them, how they think their car actually whips...Horendous Operations of Nugatory Driving Agony=HONDA (nugatory means worthless)
Old 03-29-2002, 01:26 AM

It is just not any fun racing them anymore.
Old 03-29-2002, 03:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My sister in law has a stock 99 Civic Si, and thinks it pretty hot. I was trying to talk her into getting a Greddy turbo kit for it when she became sorta defensive, talking about how her car was faster than my "grandma car". After some convincing she let her boyfriend race me and you can guess the results...she thinks if she removes her speaker box she would win...Hmmmmmm...wonder if we should bet a pizza??
Old 03-29-2002, 03:47 PM

i dont race civics. i let them feel happy with what they think they have
Old 03-29-2002, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by magnum658

Wow you run 9's with a max!! How extensive are your modifications?
yeha, sorry. i forgot you guys don't know i live in backwoods mississippi... we don't have a quarter mile track close by. the closest one is in memphis tn, and that's about an hour away.

i got a cattman cai and greddy catback, progress springs, and tokico struts. that's all the mods i have at this point. ACT clutch is on the way...and as soon as the guys at warpspeed get caught up, i'll be getting a y-pipe.
Old 03-29-2002, 05:21 PM

i will usually have like a 4 car lead right off the line, and it keeps going
Old 03-29-2002, 06:53 PM

damn

ok well i dont wanna sound like a dik or really cocky, but do u really have to ask questions like that. seriously if ur friend knows about cars he wont dare talk sht bout ur max. second why would u ever race a civic ull always win. i havent lost to a civic yet. by the way u should ahve gotten 5 speed and im guessing ull beat him by 8 9 car lengthes. i beat my friend whos got a gsr with greddy catback and aem cold air and his is 5 speed and soo is mine and i beat him by like 5 6 car lengths. thats my 2 cents
Old 03-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I race civics in 5th gear (for dx models), sometimes i just get out of the car and sprint these, 4th gear for ex/lx civics, and 3rd gear for si models.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:37 AM

Originally posted by NickStam
i don't race civics
me either, its a waste of gas! Take Care
Old 03-30-2002, 06:40 AM
ThisMax2NV

Hehehehehe!!!

Old 03-30-2002, 11:51 AM

I've raced a heavily modified N/A 6th Gen Civic - With sexy results. It was at least 5 cars. I've also raced my friend's 99 Si - I only took him by about 2 carlengths w/o using my nitrous. Those Si's - those things are sexy. Incredibly fun to drive, nice looking, with a lot of performance potential locked away under their hoods.

If you raced a stock Non-Si Civic and didn't annihilate him, something's wrong with your car.

And WTF is the deal wit ppl talkin ish bout Maxima's? I really hate that.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:20 PM

Why do so many MAXIMA.ORG members pick on little Civics? I know, every city has them, the guy in a souped up civic, thinking he can lay the smack down. But come on, you've heard this before, beat a similar type car and motor if you want to feel good about racing somebody. It's like racing against a Grand Prix GTP AUTO and you lose badly, just listen to the excuses from Maxima drivers. Has anybody heard any info regarding the new Accord? Supposedly it is going to handle great and be a killer of MOST fwd cars.
Old 03-30-2002, 01:08 PM

hey, i just raced a honda accord last night. it had a 3.0 v-tec, i beat him by about 2 lengths, but that little bastid was FAST!

BEWARE 3RD GEAR V-TEC!! IT'S A KILLER!!
Old 03-30-2002, 01:20 PM

Originally posted by MaxC1Get!
Why do so many MAXIMA.ORG members pick on little Civics? I know, every city has them, the guy in a souped up civic, thinking he can lay the smack down. But come on, you've heard this before, beat a similar type car and motor if you want to feel good about racing somebody. It's like racing against a Grand Prix GTP AUTO and you lose badly, just listen to the excuses from Maxima drivers. Has anybody heard any info regarding the new Accord? Supposedly it is going to handle great and be a killer of MOST fwd cars.
They're the idiots that usually pick the fight. I usually resist until they leave me no choice but to hand them their ***. If we're on the highway I won't downshift, then they get all cocky. The next time I go down to third and just watch them fade away.

Now, going against BMW's is much more fun, and fair, but sometimes you just have to against the riceboys.
Old 03-31-2002, 05:34 AM

Well i dont know where you all live, but in my town, some civics are good opponents at the light, but then again, engine swaps in my town are becoming more and more common, and its harder to hang with those lil tiny civics, most of them are sleeper style too. The normal civics wihtout engine swaps are easy to take out, sometimes not even worth it. i am just saying dont underestimate the civics, a simple civic wiht a b16 swap will run a high 14 wiht the motor alone, and i believe that is faster the most automagic maxes, anyways if you hear a civic that sounds like a lawnmower, watchout...
Old 03-31-2002, 07:45 AM

Originally posted by NyC97Max
haha..this is good..yea civics are just retarded, and wuts worse is, the drivers inside them, how they think their car actually whips...Horendous Operations of Nugatory Driving Agony=HONDA (nugatory means worthless)

I actually don't mind a nicely modded one. I wouldn't mind a nice black 99 EX for a daily driver. They aren't ugly or anything.
Old 03-31-2002, 08:59 AM

Buslenghts Even the modded ones. I've yet to come up on a hatch w/ a motorswap/turbo. I'm sure those would be a little bit harder to handle. Most of them around here just have i/h/e so not much competition.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:05 AM

Originally posted by maxkid77
Buslenghts Even the modded ones. I've yet to come up on a hatch w/ a motorswap/turbo. I'm sure those would be a little bit harder to handle. Most of them around here just have i/h/e so not much competition.
So I take it your Eclipse is a 5spd?
-Cyrus
Old 03-31-2002, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by Vyrus

So I take it your Eclipse is a 5spd?
-Cyrus
\

Nuthin but W/ ****ty syncros lol.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by maxkid77
\

Nuthin but W/ ****ty syncros lol.
****ty = "mitsubishi"
Old 03-31-2002, 10:26 AM

Depends, theres alot more fast civics out on the road these days. We need to get off our loft thinking we're the 6 cylinder bomb. Quite a few at my drag strip run in the consistent mid 13s with engine swaps and complete interiors which would beat any NA maxima here . This one hillbilly guy who looks like he belongs in a 65 chevelle was driving a mid 80's CRX on slicks. It was N/A with no boost cause I looked under the hood and he made it into the 12s! Theres one civic i lost to at Maxus 2001 which ran 10's and later made it into the 9s! I couldnt even catch that thing on my 2 wheeled honda. The problem with our cars is we try to drive it like a performance car, yet to make it fast it takes so much time and money.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by ericdwong
Depends, theres alot more fast civics out on the road these days.
Couldn't agree more. My buddy has a 2001 Civic EX auto with 17" wheels, a bomb and graphics. I don't need to comment on that. But if you judge all Civics like that, we would be completely wrong. Each car has it's custom rockets - the Civic having many more due it's gigantic role in the aftermarket world. Even though I KILL my friend's Civic, I NEVER comment on the Civic world, just his car . There is a Civic at my local speed shop that is in the 11s. If I were to race it I would be so ashamed of my car you wouldn't know. Watch out, there are A LOT MORE engine swapped and boosted Civics than you'd like to know. We may have V6s but they are NOTHING compared to some of today's I-4s.
-Cyrus
Old 03-31-2002, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by ericdwong
Depends, theres alot more fast civics out on the road these days. We need to get off our loft thinking we're the 6 cylinder bomb. Quite a few at my drag strip run in the consistent mid 13s with engine swaps and complete interiors which would beat any NA maxima here . This one hillbilly guy who looks like he belongs in a 65 chevelle was driving a mid 80's CRX on slicks. It was N/A with no boost cause I looked under the hood and he made it into the 12s! Theres one civic i lost to at Maxus 2001 which ran 10's and later made it into the 9s! I couldnt even catch that thing on my 2 wheeled honda. The problem with our cars is we try to drive it like a performance car, yet to make it fast it takes so much time and money.
i know what you mean. don't ever forget: no matter how fast you are, there's someone out there that's faster. sooner or later, you WILL get beat. it's all a question of how you're living. i personally don't get very cocky about my max, even though i could smoke about 75% of the guys i hang out with on the weekend. i'm not a sh*t talker, and i don't put up with that. i will talk up a race, but i don't go off telling how badly i beat someone or how badly i can beat someone before i race them. i'd hate to look like a complete ******* who said, "i'll race, but be careful. i have cold hands, so you might get frostbite when i hand your *** to you!" and then get beat. i run who i think would be a good race, and don't brag if i win.
Old 03-31-2002, 11:19 AM

****ty = "mitsubishi"
Nuthin has gone wrong with it so far. Mitsu trannies aren't the greatest, but i'd rather have trouble getting into gear every once in a while than waiting forever for moms auto max to down shift and go. Anyway, there are ****ty aspects of all cars... and the tranny is mine
Old 03-31-2002, 12:13 PM

no offense intended, man. just saying the mitsu's have a tendency to have drivetrain prob's. you're on the dsm forum aren't you? isn't there a section that covers frequent tranny problems? i think it says something about "why do alot of people say these cars have weak drivetrains?" it's been about a year since i've been on the dsm boards, so it might not be there.

i have no quams with the dsm's. i was thinkin' about getting a '97-'99 eclipse gst when i had my trans am. i think they are BEAUTIFUL cars that can look totally amazing with a few mods.

i was just pickin' at cha!!

welcome to the max forum!!!!!
Old 03-31-2002, 01:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

no offense intended, man. just saying the mitsu's have a tendency to have drivetrain prob's. you're on the dsm forum aren't you? isn't there a section that covers frequent tranny problems? i think it says something about "why do alot of people say these cars have weak drivetrains?" it's been about a year since i've been on the dsm boards, so it might not be there.

i have no quams with the dsm's. i was thinkin' about getting a '97-'99 eclipse gst when i had my trans am. i think they are BEAUTIFUL cars that can look totally amazing with a few mods.

i was just pickin' at cha!!

welcome to the max forum!!!!!
Yes, they are beautiful. And yeah they do have weak trannies. But there are some 11 sec. dsm's running on stock trannies, so it's all in how you look at it. I am a member on dsmtalk.com. The only major issue w/ the 97-99 turbo cars is crankwalk. You heard of that?
Old 03-31-2002, 02:29 PM

what bout the civic del sol...my friend has 94 Vtec, and he claims he has 180 hp stock, 5spd...and his car must be almost a 1000 lbs lighter than mine if uve ever seen how tiny these cars are...he says he can pump, and he just did a tune up and says his car is faster than ever...jus wondering if any of u have come across del sols??
Old 03-31-2002, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by NyC97Max
what bout the civic del sol...my friend has 94 Vtec, and he claims he has 180 hp stock, 5spd...and his car must be almost a 1000 lbs lighter than mine if uve ever seen how tiny these cars are...he says he can pump, and he just did a tune up and says his car is faster than ever...jus wondering if any of u have come across del sols??
del sols do not have 180 hp stock. if it has a d15 in it, it only has about 140hp. you should be able to take him.
Old 03-31-2002, 07:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

del sols do not have 180 hp stock. if it has a d15 in it, it only has about 140hp. you should be able to take him.
question: I don't know a whole lot about diff. honda motors. What are the b's, d's, and h's for? i know the number after (like 18) is like a 1.8 litre.

Quick Reply: how much do u people burn civics by?