4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Sorona Phase 2 fenders

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 01:23 PM

Sorona Phase 2 fenders

Has anybody installed these on there Max. i bought a set and my body guy said that they are complete peices of ****. Granted he is a little **** and doesn't like to have his name associated with any work that isint 100% but he's tellin me the fenders are going to need alot of alteration to get the body lines straight.
Old 03-30-2002, 01:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Alteration? Um...no. I bought the fenders that I'm in the process of selling. I did sort of test it to see how well it fit, it seem to fit very well. All you need to do is drill holes for the screws.
Old 03-30-2002, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot
Alteration? Um...no. I bought the fenders that I'm in the process of selling. I did sort of test it to see how well it fit, it seem to fit very well. All you need to do is drill holes for the screws.
Um...yeah. Did you remove your factory fenders and test fit them or did you just hold them up over the fender? I saw them them on the car. He hung them teporarily and the body line by the door is wavy. Also they flare out in the center a little and there are "pores" in the fiberglass caused by air in the mix when they molded them. BTW, why are you selling them?
Old 03-30-2002, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by maximus75

Um...yeah. Did you remove your factory fenders and test fit them or did you just hold them up over the fender? I saw them them on the car. He hung them teporarily and the body line by the door is wavy. Also they flare out in the center a little and there are "pores" in the fiberglass caused by air in the mix when they molded them. BTW, why are you selling them?

Um...of course I remove the factory fenders, how else could I have test fit it. I don't know about your fenders, but the fenders I got fit very well. Everything lined up just right. I'm selling them because I'm going for a sleeper look, the fenders will throw that off.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:34 PM

how much you selling them for?
Old 03-31-2002, 05:00 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot

Um...of course I remove the factory fenders, how else could I have test fit it. I don't know about your fenders, but the fenders I got fit very well. Everything lined up just right. I'm selling them because I'm going for a sleeper look, the fenders will throw that off.
Um...well mine are definitly not right. Maybe I just got a bad set but I went to pic them up at Sorona and their other stuff looked pretty crappy. I like the way they look so I'll probably pay extra to have my body shop make them right.
Old 03-31-2002, 05:39 AM

You should have heard the things my body shop guy said about their body kit. But Cumalot's fenders may very well fit perfectly. That's the problem with Sarona's fiberglass, it's variable. Some fit perfectly, other times, they don't fit. it's due to many things, mold warpage, their craftsmanship, etc.

Originally posted by maximus75

Um...well mine are definitly not right. Maybe I just got a bad set but I went to pic them up at Sorona and their other stuff looked pretty crappy. I like the way they look so I'll probably pay extra to have my body shop make them right.
Old 03-31-2002, 05:44 AM

Originally posted by Shadow
You should have heard the things my body shop guy said about their body kit. But Cumalot's fenders may very well fit perfectly. That's the problem with Sarona's fiberglass, it's variable. Some fit perfectly, other times, they don't fit. it's due to many things, mold warpage, their craftsmanship, etc.

Yeah, thats the impression I got from their proucts and facility. I've heard very bad things about the fitment of their body kit. How did yours come out? Did the body shop charge you a lot to to make it fit properly.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by Shadow

Yeah, it seem like I got a pretty good set. Hm...I might just keep it afterall. I'm going to let my body shop guy take a look at them to see what he thinks.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:04 PM

I have the same penders!

I put the penders on my self and the driver side is alined perfectly, but the passenger side is f***ed up. the hood scrapes the pender and the door rubs on it when you open it. It was aparent that the people at sorona did not do a good job. I also bougth there body kit and my body guy says the body kit is ****. There is a bunch of pin holes and it looks like they cut the body kit out of the mold with a saw on the edges. SO THE BOTTOM LINE DON'T BUY SORONA UNLESS YOU GOT A LOT OF MONEY. Its not worth the time. TO many headaches.