4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

4th gen Maximas vs Si.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 07:24 AM

Originally posted by Ant95se
Hello *repost*

I will race you .. where in NYC
I have a 1991 4cyl galant, my only mods are exhaust and fuel pump.

friendly race

Ant
muahahahahaha, your gonna get raped civic boy
Old 04-01-2002, 07:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

theblue has video proof of his run.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ght=guess+time

All he had was I/Y/E

Originally posted by RastaManMax
Man, that guys Max is on some serious roids or something, i've never heard of any N/A running that fast! (I do believe it, just saying how fast that is)
Old 04-01-2002, 07:38 AM
SLOW

Originally posted by RastaManMax

Man, that guys Max is on some serious roids or something, i've never heard of any N/A running that fast! (I do believe it, just saying how fast that is)

Here we go again on this... look at peoples signatures. There are quite a few of us running low to mid 14s with minimal bolt ons.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:43 AM
SLOW

Why are people being such d!cks to this guy? Those of you that are being a-holes are giving a bad name to Maxima owners and car enthusiasts in general. He came here looking for a friendly race. I go to other boards looking for friendly races all the time. There's no need to flame him, he didn't say anything bad. He beat up on a few autotragic maximas, which I would expect in a bolt on SI. Bolt on SI is good for low 15s with a good driver, sometimes high 14s with an excellent one.

Someone in the NYC area should step up and just have a few runs with him then go have a beer or something. Theres no need to be d!ckheads. Stop talking **** and just race for fun.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by Nealoc187
Why are people being such d!cks to this guy? Those of you that are being a-holes are giving a bad name to Maxima owners and car enthusiasts in general. He came here looking for a friendly race. I go to other boards looking for friendly races all the time. There's no need to flame him, he didn't say anything bad. He beat up on a few autotragic maximas, which I would expect in a bolt on SI. Bolt on SI is good for low 15s with a good driver, sometimes high 14s with an excellent one.

Someone in the NYC area should step up and just have a few runs with him then go have a beer or something. Theres no need to be d!ckheads. Stop talking **** and just race for fun.
Well said!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 08:48 AM

Who's flaming? Who's talking sh|t? Who's being a d|ckhead? Who's being an a$$hole?

This thread is the tamest Maxima vs SI thread I've ever seen.

Old 04-01-2002, 08:57 AM
¿Hablas Español?

Last words

Racing a Civic is like a box of chocolates; you never know what yo'ure gonna get.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=266329

Just hope nobody has to decide what they're going to drink with the
crow they'll be eating if KleeftonSI wins. Driver skill plays a
huuuuuuuuge role in this.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:52 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Sorry Kleefton, I like you and it's unfortunate that you're having to take this "the Maxima is God's Chariot" crap, but I've got to call you out As taken from newcelica.org:

" quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by larryd
kleefton..how did u run a 14.67 with only i/h/e?? ITR Mutant?? what do u have??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess it's the same way you guys ran your 14.2s-14.3s.

Abnormally good track conditions and my car was feeling especially good that day.

Heck it still feels strong as hell right now. It just has started chirping third gear recently. It's almost like I am gaining horsepower with miles... Good thing because I dont have the cash flow for more mods right now. LOL

Honestly I dont know what it is, but I honestly am starting to believe that my car is a freak.

__________________"
2000 FBP Civic Si

This is the same track where lightly modded Celica GT-S' were running 14.2-14.3@99mph. I'll also note that Kleefton has run no better than 93.6mph. I believe the track is Englishtown (very nice track, below sea level, dense cool air, etc). The conditions he ran in was the winter. Now that it's spring, I doubt he's gonna get a 14.9. The thing that stands out most to me is that he's not even getting 94mph trap speeds. I hate to say it (not really), but a 4th gen Maxima with an intake/exhaust/y-pipe should trap out well above 95mph. I think there's plenty of proof that the NE tracks are faster simply because the majority of the fast Maximas reside in the NE. The advantages? Cool air, tracks that stay open in the winter, sea level, dense air, awesome barometric pressures, etc. The fastest F-Bodies, Mustangs, Civics, etc also reside in the NE. Do a search and you'll see what I'm talking about. At my track (Kansas CIty International), NA Civic Si's are lucky to get lower 15s. Most are in the mid to upper 15s at 87-89mph. The quickest Si I've seen was a clean EBP Vortec Si running 13.8s@103mph. I've never seen an NA Si break into the 14s at KCIR. The problem most Si's have, as with most other Hondas, is that they peg-leg launch horribly. My buddy use to have 00 EBP Si with a I/H and it didn't feel very fast to me. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the torque difference between my Maxima and his B16. He ran a best of a 15.8@88mph while my best is a 14.68@98mph.

With all this said, Kleefton you'll most likely get walked. Most of the NE 5 speed Maximas are in the 14.3-14.5 range with 96mph traps. You're Si is a bit of a freak, but who knows how much of its freakishness was related to track conditions. Hopefully you can meet a 4th gen at the track and put this to rest.

What has your car run on average? 14.8@92? 14.9@92? Or have you run a few 14.6s?

Dave
Old 04-01-2002, 11:52 AM

i'll agree with Clee on this one. i'm not being mean or an *** or think that the maxima is "god's chariot." either he's not straight forward with his mods or something's up. either way, if i was over there, i'd race him.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:38 PM

A stock auto Max should be able to take a Civic Si, by a little. I dont even waist my time or gas when Civics and stuff like that pull up to me I let them do their little thing now if an IS or 328 or something thats different.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:32 PM
SLOW

Clee, here's someone being a d!ck.

Are you guys really going to even think about wasting your gas on someone like this? Come on, this guy is probably a young kid who thinks his butt dyno gives his car 250hp at the wheels. Please, I have a 95 GLE auto that will spank him into next week, but I'm not going to even bother wasting my gas on him. He probably said it best by saying "He loves max's and some day he will own one". Well, until that day....like someone else on the board said....this comparo is not even in the same category....
Here's another.
wow, ur little si beat an auto 4th gen by 5 car lengths
Granted I've seen worse, but people are still doing a good job of trying to belittle him.

Kleefton are you Cliff St. Clair on ClubSi?

If thats you then I believe you really did beat the autos by 5 lenghts... he ran a 14.67 best. That's the best time I've ever heard of for a I/H/E Si.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yes, can't even troll on boards anymore, I've gotten too famous

Yea I'm Cliff from ClubSi and yeah I have ran mid 14s in my Si.

Dave, you hurt my feelings! First of all, I never ran where those Celicas were trapping at 99mph. It was a different track, out in Westhampton, LI. where I was previously running 15.5 in 90 degree weather with only the AEM CAI. If I ran at Cecil County (home of the low 14 sec celicas) who knows what I'll run and what I'll trap. I'm guessing 95mph at least, and a 14.5. That's how much confidence I have in my car. You can disagree all you want.

And secondly, you don't think I can run 14s in the spring at Englishtown? Honestly the only thing that would stop me from doing that is my stock clutch. I've beaten too many low 15sec cars to believe I'm not a solid 14 sec car. You want to disagree, fine. Someone on this board can run me and we'll find out.

Honestly I won't go to the track until I get a new clutch, but I'll run some peeps from a roll to see what I can do. I heard NA Maximas can trap at 96-97mph or whatever, and I know I'm the underdog still, but I still want to see how bad, if any, they will pull on me.

All I got to say is that my latest kill has come against a 97' Mustang GT with 3.73gears. I was pulling on him all night long from a roll by 2 to 2 1/2 cars. That car has ran 15.0 without the gears.

Just food for thought

Oh and thanks for those that are sticking up for me. I really don't want to cause any trouble here, just want to run. I'm sick of that hypothetical ****.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:20 PM

I think people should give him a break. It's believeable that he ran mid 14s in his SI. I mean, look at the mid to low 14s 5spd Maximas. Supposely there are some factory freaks out there, so why not a factory freaking SI?

Btw, yeah someone should race him. Beating some automagic Maximas isn't a great accomplishment. 5 car lengths? It's believeable. Maybe the automagic Maximas were stock or don't have any significant power mods. Plus, there are some fast and some really slow automagics out there too. Ben ran a 15.2 with just an intake IIRC. Goes to show you anything is possible.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:10 PM
ThisMax2NV

Originally posted by clee130

Hehehehe! I like this!

Old 04-01-2002, 09:35 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by KleeftonSi
Yes, can't even troll on boards anymore, I've gotten too famous

Yea I'm Cliff from ClubSi and yeah I have ran mid 14s in my Si.

Dave, you hurt my feelings! First of all, I never ran where those Celicas were trapping at 99mph. It was a different track, out in Westhampton, LI. where I was previously running 15.5 in 90 degree weather with only the AEM CAI. If I ran at Cecil County (home of the low 14 sec celicas) who knows what I'll run and what I'll trap. I'm guessing 95mph at least, and a 14.5. That's how much confidence I have in my car. You can disagree all you want.

And secondly, you don't think I can run 14s in the spring at Englishtown? Honestly the only thing that would stop me from doing that is my stock clutch. I've beaten too many low 15sec cars to believe I'm not a solid 14 sec car. You want to disagree, fine. Someone on this board can run me and we'll find out.

Honestly I won't go to the track until I get a new clutch, but I'll run some peeps from a roll to see what I can do. I heard NA Maximas can trap at 96-97mph or whatever, and I know I'm the underdog still, but I still want to see how bad, if any, they will pull on me.

All I got to say is that my latest kill has come against a 97' Mustang GT with 3.73gears. I was pulling on him all night long from a roll by 2 to 2 1/2 cars. That car has ran 15.0 without the gears.

Just food for thought

Oh and thanks for those that are sticking up for me. I really don't want to cause any trouble here, just want to run. I'm sick of that hypothetical ****.
This is all in good fun. I wouldn't call a 14.67 "mid 14s". I didn't say you couldn't run 14s in the spring. I said you won't be seeing any 14.6s, instead you'll be seeing 14.8-14.9s. Probably some 15s too. Tell me this, how 14 second slips do you have? I'd bet most of your runs are in the 14.9-15.2 range at 92mph? Am I right

I don't believe in "factory freaks". Maybe 20-30 years ago when build quality was low some cars did come off the line with a bit more power, but not these days, especially with an import. The assembly line tolerance levels are extremely tight. Do I consider my Maxima to be a factory freak because I'm trapping at nearly 98mph at a track that sits 1200' above sea (corrected the trap would be 99mph). Nope, even though I believe I have the highest ever recorded NA trap for a 4th gen. I think good conditions (50s, 15mph tailwind) and good shifting made for the high trap.

Street kills are meaningless. I've beaten 13-second cars on the street and plenty of lower 14-second cars. What I hate about street racing is that there are no measuring devices. Simply reacting .3 faster than the other guy can give you nearly a 2 car jump. When you're talking about 14-15 second cars, this 2 car length difference is VERY hard to make up. At the track, you get a slip which ultimately shows which is the quicker and faster car. Beating another driver is easy and the first car to the finish isn't always the quicker car.

Good job on killing the Stang. He deserves to get beat simply because he's an idiot and had overgeared his Stang. The 3.73s actually make his stock/mostly stock Stang slower because he's accelerating way too fast thru an already small power band. I doubt he can run 15.2s now. To many wanna-be's automatically assume deeper gears mean better acceleration....WRONG!!

IMO, you're gonna get walked by a decently driven 4th gen 5 speed with the typical mods. Please post over in the Northeast forum and I'm certain you'll find plenty of races on and off the track. If you do run, please post back with the results. Honestly, I think you'll get beat by 3-4 cars by 100mph with much of the distance being put on you from 0-70mph. I just ask one thing, NO EXCUSES. I don't want to hear about how you had a friend riding with you or that you had a full tank of gas or that your clutch was slipping or that you're running heavy wheels. Leave you friend at home, race on a 1/4 tank, fix your clutch before the race, and put the stock wheels on. Run whatcha brung. I'd race ya, but I'm about 1000 miles away. You got any friends in Kansas City that want to race?

Dave
Old 04-01-2002, 09:36 PM

maybe i should consider buying a civic si???
Old 04-01-2002, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by eibachmax
maybe i should consider buying a civic si???
Old 04-01-2002, 11:21 PM

Agreed. I know many nice people with SI's.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:44 AM
SLOW

Dave, not to burst your bubble but papasmurf trapped 98.5mph. Though that is with significantly more mods and significantly less weight. You have the 2nd highest trap speed I know of for an N/A 4th gen.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:42 AM

Hello *repost*

friendly race

Ant
This is the third time and last time i'm going to ask you KleeftonSi

Ant
Old 04-02-2002, 07:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Dave B

This is all in good fun. I wouldn't call a 14.67 "mid 14s". I didn't say you couldn't run 14s in the spring. I said you won't be seeing any 14.6s, instead you'll be seeing 14.8-14.9s. Probably some 15s too. Tell me this, how 14 second slips do you have? I'd bet most of your runs are in the 14.9-15.2 range at 92mph? Am I right

I don't believe in "factory freaks". Maybe 20-30 years ago when build quality was low some cars did come off the line with a bit more power, but not these days, especially with an import. The assembly line tolerance levels are extremely tight. Do I consider my Maxima to be a factory freak because I'm trapping at nearly 98mph at a track that sits 1200' above sea (corrected the trap would be 99mph). Nope, even though I believe I have the highest ever recorded NA trap for a 4th gen. I think good conditions (50s, 15mph tailwind) and good shifting made for the high trap.

Street kills are meaningless. I've beaten 13-second cars on the street and plenty of lower 14-second cars. What I hate about street racing is that there are no measuring devices. Simply reacting .3 faster than the other guy can give you nearly a 2 car jump. When you're talking about 14-15 second cars, this 2 car length difference is VERY hard to make up. At the track, you get a slip which ultimately shows which is the quicker and faster car. Beating another driver is easy and the first car to the finish isn't always the quicker car.

Good job on killing the Stang. He deserves to get beat simply because he's an idiot and had overgeared his Stang. The 3.73s actually make his stock/mostly stock Stang slower because he's accelerating way too fast thru an already small power band. I doubt he can run 15.2s now. To many wanna-be's automatically assume deeper gears mean better acceleration....WRONG!!

IMO, you're gonna get walked by a decently driven 4th gen 5 speed with the typical mods. Please post over in the Northeast forum and I'm certain you'll find plenty of races on and off the track. If you do run, please post back with the results. Honestly, I think you'll get beat by 3-4 cars by 100mph with much of the distance being put on you from 0-70mph. I just ask one thing, NO EXCUSES. I don't want to hear about how you had a friend riding with you or that you had a full tank of gas or that your clutch was slipping or that you're running heavy wheels. Leave you friend at home, race on a 1/4 tank, fix your clutch before the race, and put the stock wheels on. Run whatcha brung. I'd race ya, but I'm about 1000 miles away. You got any friends in Kansas City that want to race?

Dave
I consider anything between 14.39 and 14.70 a mid 14.

And the last time I was at the track, I was running 14.7s all day and one run I got the 14.67. Trap speeds were all around 93mph with a lot of them very close to 94mph. I also ran a Mustang that day and beat it, also ran an automatic SCed Maxima (know who that is?), and lost by like 2-3 cars.
You can believe what you want, but I don't see any NA Maxes putting 3-4 cars on me by 100mph, unless I do something wrong.

I will post in the Northeast forum, and try to run someone this weekend and we'll see what's up. But 4 cars by 100? LOL Keep dreaming. My car does actually the most damage from 20-85mph. Above that its got decent pull, but nothing like the kind of pull I get in second and third. If the Max is going to pull, it's not going to be until above that. We'll see who's right when I post results.

Oh...and a Mustang with 3.73s is usually good for mid 14s in the 1/4mile on a good day. You seem to be seriously mistaken there if you think the gears make it slower. Go to the Corral and ask.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

This is the third time and last time i'm going to ask you KleeftonSi

Ant
Make no mistake man. I came here to try and run a Maxima in my Si. I know what Galant VR4s are all about, the Si is no competition for you. I can find you a good run though. How about a Turbo LS Integra? I'll run you in that car. Let me know if you're interested and I'll set it up. You'd have to drive to Long Island, Deer Park ave though and we could do it from a roll as well as from a stop, because your AWD is obviously going to kill me off the line.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:13 AM

Make no mistake man. I came here to try and run a Maxima in my Si. I know what Galant VR4s are all about, the Si is no competition for you. I can find you a good run though. How about a Turbo LS Integra? I'll run you in that car. Let me know if you're interested and I'll set it up. You'd have to drive to Long Island, Deer Park ave though and we could do it from a roll as well as from a stop, because your AWD is obviously going to kill me off the line.
Thas cool...I still have my maxima 95 SE..it's for commuting to work.

Yeah i'd be interested in a turbo teg, my ride is in the shop now..it'll be out by next weekend

Oh and I got blown away by an Si in my auto max once...but you vs. a 5spd max would be a good race..i'd wanna see it

Ant
Old 04-02-2002, 10:01 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I consider anything between 14.39 and 14.70 a mid 14.

And the last time I was at the track, I was running 14.7s all day and one run I got the 14.67. Trap speeds were all around 93mph with a lot of them very close to 94mph. I also ran a Mustang that day and beat it, also ran an automatic SCed Maxima (know who that is?), and lost by like 2-3 cars.
You can believe what you want, but I don't see any NA Maxes putting 3-4 cars on me by 100mph, unless I do something wrong.

I will post in the Northeast forum, and try to run someone this weekend and we'll see what's up. But 4 cars by 100? LOL Keep dreaming. My car does actually the most damage from 20-85mph. Above that its got decent pull, but nothing like the kind of pull I get in second and third. If the Max is going to pull, it's not going to be until above that. We'll see who's right when I post results.

Oh...and a Mustang with 3.73s is usually good for mid 14s in the 1/4mile on a good day. You seem to be seriously mistaken there if you think the gears make it slower. Go to the Corral and ask.
First off, I'm not trying to get into a ****ing match. I've got no beef with you at all.

You still haven't answered my question about your average ETs. Sure, you might have been running 14.6-14.7 all day long, but that's one day at the track. Conditions and a well prepped track count for a lot. What I want to know is what have you run before?

As for the run against the SC Max, what were the ETs/MPH? Getting beat by 2-3 cars is meaningless because you might have reacted better therefore you got the jump. I ran a modded WRX a few weekends ago. I reacted .3 better. He ran a 14.1@97 to my 14.7@96mph. I lost by a car. I'd like to see the RT, 60', and ET/mph for the run against the SC Max. An auto SC Max is good for mid to low 14s on average.

You say your Si is powerful from 20-85mph, fine. But a Maxima, assuming a good launch, pulls harder in the initial 100' than a Si would. That initial pull equates to car lengths. I've faced modded Si's like yours (I/H/E) from roll on races at 30-40, I pull way quite easily. I usually let off at 80-85mph in which I've pulled 2-3 cars or so and still pulling (assuming their still racing). If you've seen the race between BrianV and the Si, that's exactly what my runs look like (in my rear view). Maybe they're poor drivers, but I can't imagine there's much skill to shift the 2-3 in a Si. I could bang the gears quite easily in my buddies 2K Si.

The Maxima has wicked topend. Honestly, I don't know it's possible that these cars have such strong topend for a NA V6 sedan that only makes 175-185fwhp and 190fwtq, modded. I would have never believed a 4th gen Maxima could go 96+mph in the 1/4 with just NA mods until I saw it. I typically get 75-76mph in 1/8th, but I end up trapping out at 96-97mph. Adding 21-22mph in the last 1/8th is quite impressive for a NA V6 and speaks loudly about how hard the Maxima pulls in 3rd and 4th gear. IMO, 3rd gear is my best gear. It just seems effortless. If a car is able to keep up thru 2nd, they rarely can hang with me thru 3rd. This is why I think you'll get walked. The Si just doesn't seem to have much after 75mph. I know you've got a header and a catback, but my understanding is that B16s really don't gain much from a header or a catback. I've seen countless dynos showing gains of 4-5fwhp with addition of a H/E on a B16. I believe one of the more recent SCC issues had a project B16 CX hatchback which gained a whopping 1 HP with the addition of a header. They gained 6 fwhp with a catback, but that's because they we're running the stock 1.5 liter pea-shooter piping. The stock Si piping is quite a bit larger. The biggest gainer came from the open downpipe (far from street legal because of noise and emission) which gained 7-8fwhp.

As for the Stangs, I'm a musclecar guy at heart. I've spent years working on Stangs and F-Bodies and personally have driven them on and off the track. I could care less about what the guys over at the Corral say. Most of them (like any other auto forum) understand little about performance. Adding 3.73s to a stock 215hp/3300lb 97' Stang is NOT mid 14s. The 96-98 4.6 GT is a slug compared to the 99+ models due to it's very narrow powerband (4000-5300rpms, lacks useable torque, poor flowing heads). The prior 5.0 is more inline with the 99+ 5.0 in terms of performance. 3.27s is all a stock/mostly stock 96-98 GT needs. Once you allow the SOHC 4.6 to breathe and broaden the power (heads, headers, exhaust, etc) then deeper gears work in the car's favor. Sure, there are plenty of mostly stock 96-98 GTs posting decent ETs with just gears, but you have to remember something, many of these guys are running taller drag/slick tires. Increasing tire ratio lowers your final drive ratio. Running a 27" tall drag tire with 3.73s is just like running stock tires (25" in height) with 3.08 gears. The 4.6 DOHC Cobra is an exception when it comes to the stock gearing of Stangs. The stock 3.27 gear is way too tall for an engine that can produce power from 4000 to 6500rpms. A Cobra is perfectly happy running 4.10 gears and usually can shed .2-.3 in ET.

Dave
Old 04-02-2002, 11:32 AM

Cecil County eh? Thats my "local" track where I race all the time. Maybe later on in the season. I have a severe handicapp right now, seeing as how my Y pipe's flex busted, so I'm running with the OEM Y right now. I'm also on stock suspension with huge amounts of weight shift and some wheel hop, having 2 15"s in the back and trailer hitch also doesnt help. Yes I have personally seen the low 14 high 97 MPH celicas there with my own 2 eyes. But yea I'd be willing to race you when I get my car back to the strip.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

There ya go Kleefton. Go Cecil and run Eric. Eric should be getting his y-pipe back in a week or two. Setup a date and run. I believe he's run a 14.6 so he should be good competition. Eric and Kleefton, NO EXCUSES!! Run whatcha brung.

Dave
Old 04-02-2002, 11:59 AM

Dave excellent argument points

Eric you've seen icyjaws out there huh? I think 2 years ago he got a 14.3@99 this year he's run consitent 14.3@99 or 100. That track gives such good times it's not even funny. Have you seen a Green GST? That's LarryD's car

goodluck at the track you should get good times with a new ypipe
Old 04-02-2002, 12:49 PM
SLOW

There ya go Kleefton. Go Cecil and run Eric. Eric should be getting his y-pipe back in a week or two. Setup a date and run. I believe he's run a 14.6 so he should be good competition. Eric and Kleefton, NO EXCUSES!! Run whatcha brung.

Dave
I don't believe eric has run any better than a 15.x since he did his quaife install... but who knows how long his flex section has been bunched up for.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:08 PM

I think you are underestimating the power of a modded 5 speed maxima. I have run a couple of Civic Si's and have never lost to one of them. I remember running a modded Blue Si a while ago and i pulled on him very slightly in 3rd and then in 4th i started to pull hard. This was with a car making less hp than stock.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:31 PM

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...=266208&page=1

before you guys start talking shiet about the "little" civic si
Old 04-02-2002, 04:36 PM

I don't believe eric has run any better than a 15.x since he did his quaife install... but who knows how long his flex section has been bunched up for.
He ran a few 14.8s and 14.9s with the messed up flex like a week ago...
Old 04-02-2002, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

He ran a few 14.8s and 14.9s with the messed up flex like a week ago...

I got to give it to this guy, for you to run 14's your car has more then just intake headers and exhaust, Do you have a SC or a turbo? If you do then that will explain your confidence if you dont then I give you your props you must be a heck of a good driver, and I did race my friends Civic SI, and it was just a friendly race from a redlight and I left him sitting at the light (NO supercharger at that time), but like I just said you have a lot of confidence, I will be moving to Atlanta hopefully in 2 months if your ever in the area I will more then Happy to race you. But what has me confused is that I went to the track 2 times and man I did not see no civics run 14's or low 15's. Nice car I must say I would get one and forget all the cheesy mods I d drop a Greddy Turbo or a Vortech supercharger in it. and lower springs and a new clutch. The car itself is nice too bad there are alot of ****** who would want to steal it.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dave
Well there is a reason I never went to Cecil County, and it's that it's sooo far away. Remember I'm in NYC. That track is where? PA? Anyway, if he can make Atco raceway I'll run him there. If not, have to find someone else.

And my average ETs? Well that would be hard to say because I went to the track only with the CAI the most. I've had that for a while on the car and I was averaging low 15s in the winter and mid 15s in the summer. Then I put the header on at the end of last summer and I was running consistent 15.2-15.0s at Englishtown with 2.33 60' it was about 70 degrees, in the fall. Then I put the exhaust on and only ran it once, in 40 degree weather and that's when I broke 14s. So my average with my current setup is like 14.8s.

I want to see what this Maxima "mad top end prowess" is like, and that's why I want to run one. I've heard stories, watched the Brian video, but I still want to experience it myself. If I get my *** handed to me then I will give credit where credit is due. But if I win, or make it somewhat close, I hope I can get some credit as well.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thas cool...I still have my maxima 95 SE..it's for commuting to work.

Yeah i'd be interested in a turbo teg, my ride is in the shop now..it'll be out by next weekend

Oh and I got blown away by an Si in my auto max once...but you vs. a 5spd max would be a good race..i'd wanna see it

Ant
Where are you from? Let me know when you can run the LS and I'll set up a date. The LS is actually my good friend's car but I know he'll be down for a few runs and he occasionally lets me drive it. That car has *****, big ones.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by MAX2000JP
I think you are underestimating the power of a modded 5 speed maxima. I have run a couple of Civic Si's and have never lost to one of them. I remember running a modded Blue Si a while ago and i pulled on him very slightly in 3rd and then in 4th i started to pull hard. This was with a car making less hp than stock.
Good kill for you. But I'm not underestimating anything or anyone. I'm just curious of how my car stacks up. And please don't tell me about other Sis. I've yet to lose to an NA Si. I don't know what it is, but my car runs extremely hard for an Si, and I just want to see if it runs hard enough to beat or hang with an NA Maxima.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:52 PM

Good kill for you. But I'm not underestimating anything or anyone. I'm just curious of how my car stacks up. And please don't tell me about other Sis. I've yet to lose to an NA Si. I don't know what it is, but my car runs extremely hard for an Si, and I just want to see if it runs hard enough to beat or hang with an NA Maxima.
Your car betterbe running 4+ carlengths better than the AVERAGE modded SI to beat a well driven modded 5 speed.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4th gen Maximas vs Si.

Originally posted by Cumalot

You have mods, just no performance mods.

Hey, do you have any Honda/Acura friends that would like to race me? My fault knock sensor is replaced, my car is strong again.

Okay LOng island Maxima 4th generation 5 speed
exhuast mods n intake
I need to race this SI. ,u friend has a blue si intake , exhuast, vtec controller, and some other mods, and i kill him right away in first and his is 5 speed., By the time im outa first hes 2 lengths back, by the time im in 3rd , i just put the brake lights on cuz he is way back.....
Do you run to deer park avenue.... or are you up in the sticks upstate?
Old 04-02-2002, 07:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4th gen Maximas vs Si.

Originally posted by DPAmax5SPD

exhuast mods n intake
I need to race this SI. ,u friend has a blue si intake , exhuast, vtec controller, and some other mods, and i kill him right away in first and his is 5 speed., By the time im outa first hes 2 lengths back, by the time im in 3rd , i just put the brake lights on cuz he is way back.....

What the heck? Why you quoted me for? I'm not the SI guy...lol.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4th gen Maximas vs Si.

Originally posted by DPAmax5SPD

exhuast mods n intake
Yeah I run DPA. Let's run them this weekend. Friday or Sat night, whichever is better for you. I hope you come through.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:05 PM

Hello *repost*

friendly race

Ant
Hmmmmm VR4????????

Quick Reply: 4th gen Maximas vs Si.