4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what are my options for installing neon tubes for back seat area??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 04:03 PM

what are my options for installing neon tubes for back seat area??

I've installed neons under front driver & passenger dash, and its awesome...but the back of the car looks dull at night. I want to give it some more life in the back for my guests. What options do i have for lighting up that floor area between front back seats??

I was thinking of putting 15" rods under front seats(cuz 10" i checked today were kinda too small).....or put mini 9" tubes under the backseat cushions...--- which of those would be brightest and give off the best lighting effect. Any other ideas?

I appreciate it.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:05 PM
i SeE what you did therE

let the people in the back seat hold them.. then they weould be very very bright!!
Old 04-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I had two small 6" in the back. I zip-tied one to the metal support on the driver's side seat because I had the power seat. On the passenger side, I just left it on the floor and kept on wanting to sew it onto the little flap on the bottom of the seats but never got around to it ... just too lazy.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:11 PM
I need a truck

Originally posted by redmaxpa007
let the people in the back seat hold them.. then they weould be very very bright!!

ummm you can screw then in right below the seat ... or you can screw them on the bottom of the drivers seat ...

Conrad
Old 04-07-2002, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by Conrad283

ummm you can screw then in right below the seat ... or you can screw them on the bottom of the drivers seat ...

Conrad

Question here is....what is the best setup for the back that gives the best light reflection....under cushion of back seat, or under front seats?
Old 04-07-2002, 01:17 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i dont think there are too many options bro.. just under the seat...

but... whatever u do...

DO NOT put them in the rear deck or the freaking roof.... I've seen some idiots driving around like that, WTF.. that is disguisting.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:08 AM

If you put the small ones under the back seats chances are you will be able to see them from the outside with the door open. In my opinion out of site looks the best. Get them far enough under the front seats and you get that, plus you get more light in the front.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by ladeesman
If you put the small ones under the back seats chances are you will be able to see them from the outside with the door open. In my opinion out of site looks the best. Get them far enough under the front seats and you get that, plus you get more light in the front.
A while ago, I had an idea to put aluminum foil undre the front seats and then just put the glows there. This way its ilke more reflective, but I don't have anything interior-wise done, just me fantasizing at school when I should be learning how to take the antiderivative of log function.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:54 PM

im pretty sure you wont' see the tubes if u put them under the cushion of the backseat. I actually experimented with 9" MINI tubes (not those full size 10" & 15" tubes)...and i pushed these mini's into the cushion's crack and light came out...it wasn't as bright as i'd want but it was fine. I will probably put 15" tubes under front two seats no matter what....but was wondering if putting those mini tubes under cushions will be useless or will add to the light and make it look better.

so far my front looks like the following:
Old 04-09-2002, 03:51 PM

You can always get creative and imbed them into the area between the front and rear door where the seat belt retractor goes. I was thinking about putting lava neons by street glowthere facing towards the back seats. Haven't tried it...but thinking about it...

- Chad
Old 04-09-2002, 03:56 PM

How did you get 15in to fit under the dash on the drivers side? I just installed a set of 10's and that barely fits under there attached to the vinal. Can you give me an exact locaion?
Old 04-09-2002, 06:40 PM

How did you get 15in to fit under the dash on the drivers side? I just installed a set of 10's and that barely fits under there attached to the vinal. Can you give me an exact locaion?
I can do better then just give u, i can show you...
It took me about 15-20min just trying to find the most farthest place from viewable area but also not to interfer with the pedals. I placed it below the steering column on a slight angle, and the right side of the piece that holds the transformer i put under the carpet area. check it out:

Old 04-09-2002, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by itsgt

im pretty sure you wont' see the tubes if u put them under the cushion of the backseat. I actually experimented with 9" MINI tubes (not those full size 10" & 15" tubes)...and i pushed these mini's into the cushion's crack and light came out...it wasn't as bright as i'd want but it was fine. I will probably put 15" tubes under front two seats no matter what....but was wondering if putting those mini tubes under cushions will be useless or will add to the light and make it look better.

so far my front looks like the following:
hey itsgt i was wondering where did you get those needle color for your dashboard??
Old 04-09-2002, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by xsp00kyx

hey itsgt i was wondering where did you get those needle color for your dashboard??

goto www.importintelligence.com

they sell them there(they aren't really needles that are blue...but small bright a$$ LED's that u put under guage faces)
Old 04-09-2002, 07:46 PM
I need a truck

looks HOT
Old 04-09-2002, 07:58 PM

I'm not sure if you have a box in your trunk, but I do and I put my neon on that. I have the amp on the box and through the ski hole you see the neon shine through. I have 5 or 6 sticks and it lights up most of the back seat.

Erik
Old 04-09-2002, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by tifosiv122
I'm not sure if you have a box in your trunk, but I do and I put my neon on that. I have the amp on the box and through the ski hole you see the neon shine through. I have 5 or 6 sticks and it lights up most of the back seat.

Erik

im a little confused...You mean u open the ski whole to bring the light inside backseat area?? or huh

---in that case...i kinda wonna do it without opening the whole cuz it kinda defeats whole point..i want it to be hidden and be like under foot area mostly.

thanks
Old 04-10-2002, 09:27 AM

im a little confused...You mean u open the ski whole to bring the light inside backseat area?? or huh

---in that case...i kinda wonna do it without opening the whole cuz it kinda defeats whole point..i want it to be hidden and be like under foot area mostly.

thanks
Yes, I leave the hole open....sorry. You don't see the rods though.

Erik
Old 04-10-2002, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by tifosiv122

Yes, I leave the hole open....sorry. You don't see the rods though.

Erik
I'm sure u don't see them and everything...but when im gonna have people sitting in the back i don't wonna keep it open. Also i wouldn't want to open and close the ski whole everytime i have to drive or park car for security reasons.

I do plan on putting neon wire around my subs when i install them (this summer!!)