4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Should CustomMaxima.com sell JL Audio Stealth Box??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002 | 09:01 AM
Custommaxima.com

Should CustomMaxima.com sell JL Audio Stealth Box??

CustomMaxima.com has a opportunity to sell the JL Audio Stealth box for 4th gen maximas. Price will be about $400. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com
Old 05-01-2002 | 09:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Should CustomMaxima.com sell JL Audio Stealth Box??

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
CustomMaxima.com has a opportunity to sell the JL Audio Stealth box for 4th gen maximas. Price will be about $400. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com
Yes!
Old 05-01-2002 | 09:40 AM
Maxima owner since 2000

Re: Should CustomMaxima.com sell JL Audio Stealth Box??

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com
what are those? just a box to hold the subwoofers? got a picture by any chance?
Old 05-01-2002 | 09:45 AM

Re: Re: Should CustomMaxima.com sell JL Audio Stealth Box??

Originally posted by KrZyMaX

I don't really care but, they screwed me out of some money. Remember that whole ordeal w/ the diamond cut clears. They sent me the wrong ones which was okay w/ me but I payed more for those than I should have. If they knew how to run a business they would have sent my *** a check in the mail for how much they owed me. But I was never contacted by them. Screw them.
Old 05-01-2002 | 09:45 AM
Custommaxima.com

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/maxima.html

Check it out. I used to have one in my Maxima and it hit hard.
Old 05-01-2002 | 09:54 AM
Disco Biscuit

I love mine, BUT from my understanding, you cant sell JL products online correct?
Old 05-01-2002 | 09:59 AM

Sure, but $400 is still pricey. You could probably get a custom box with sub for $300 if you have a local shop build it up for you.
Old 05-01-2002 | 10:10 AM
Custom User Title...

how much would an amp be to power that thing? i know the stealth box costs about $450 to order through any store so i imagine it would need an amp that cost huge too.
Old 05-01-2002 | 10:15 AM

The point of the stealthbox is that it is a good sub that doesn't take up very much trunk space. I thought that JL products could only be sold by their distributors to get a warranty with the product though I currently have a sub, but in the future I would definitely consider the stealth box for extra trunk space
-hype
Old 05-01-2002 | 10:21 AM
Disco Biscuit

You need an amp that can push a clean 300 watts RMS, so It doesnt need to be that pricey. As far as getting a custom box built cheaper than the Steathbox, yes you can, BUT the quality wont be as good, (these are all fiberglass enclosures, solid as a rock and is bolted to the car chassis by a huge bolt from under the car) nor will you be able to install it out of the way while keeping pretty much all of your trunk space. As long as your not a basshead, they are well worth the money for all you get.
Old 05-01-2002 | 10:21 AM

Re: Re: Should CustomMaxima.com sell JL Audio Stealth Box??

Originally posted by KrZyMaX

First, it comes with a sub, JL 10W6. I have two 10W3s and they're about 5-6 years old and they still work great, JL is a High quality product.

Second, this box is made to perfect JL spec and is made from Fiberglass and fits perfectly. I looked into getting something similar custom made and after the price of the speaker would have cost over $400 dollars. You can get custom made boxes for less, but the quality or fit won't be this good.

* Anyone who has experience with making sub boxes knows that a well made box is as important as the sub itself.

Third, these usually cost $450 range, so $400 is good, but how much will shipping costs? These things are heavy.
Old 05-01-2002 | 10:48 AM

I feel in love with the stealthbox as soon as I saw it, . . .or didn't see it. In fact I was initially interested in the Basslink, but the stealth nature of JL's sub is just too good. To have a high quality 10" sub completely hidden in your trunk and not even take up that much space.

Total winner.

DW
Old 05-01-2002 | 11:26 AM
Custommaxima.com

You guys are right, it is designed to give great bass response in a tight space. You get a cheaper sub box but it will take up alot more space. The warranty on the stealth box is only 90 days.
Old 05-01-2002 | 12:12 PM
Disco Biscuit

CustomMaxima, it would be great to have someone that can offer one for us, but most local shops will sell them for $400 as well. Thats what I bought mine for, and I shopped around and most places ( minus Tweeter stores) were all at the same price. I have even seen them lower than that, ($379 in a shop in Brooklyn) Dont get me wrong, your offering it at a reasonable rate, BUT the catch is this. If I get it from a local shop, its an authorized dealer selling it legit. If they dont have it in stock, they get it from the Warehouse within 2 days or so, and I dont have to pay shipping on a heavy box.
Old 05-01-2002 | 12:15 PM
Custommaxima.com

You will still have the same warranty as the local shops will give you. If you buy it from a local shop you will still have to pay about $25 sales tax, and that is about how much shipping will be. So it all boils down to convenince. I will be catering to those who are home in their boxers that don't feel like leaving the house and would rather just order it online and have it shipped to their door. Whatever the case is it is a good box and well worth the money.
Old 05-01-2002 | 12:23 PM

Could you get any deals on amps???

If you could get a good deal on an amp to power this sub that would be great. Hmmmmmm, maybe CustomMaxima.com should open a sound dept. Sell a few subs and amps, and maybe even head units.

Think about it.

Credit me for the idea (j/k)
Old 05-01-2002 | 12:45 PM

Re: Could you get any deals on amps???

Good idea

I've been told that the JL 250/1 sub amp is the perfect compliment to the stealth.

DW

Originally posted by 2ndMAX
If you could get a good deal on an amp to power this sub that would be great. Hmmmmmm, maybe CustomMaxima.com should open a sound dept. Sell a few subs and amps, and maybe even head units.

Think about it.

Credit me for the idea (j/k)
Old 05-01-2002 | 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Whitemax
CustomMaxima, it would be great to have someone that can offer one for us, but most local shops will sell them for $400 as well. Thats what I bought mine for, and I shopped around and most places ( minus Tweeter stores) were all at the same price. I have even seen them lower than that, ($379 in a shop in Brooklyn) Dont get me wrong, your offering it at a reasonable rate, BUT the catch is this. If I get it from a local shop, its an authorized dealer selling it legit. If they dont have it in stock, they get it from the Warehouse within 2 days or so, and I dont have to pay shipping on a heavy box.
How did you hook all this up? did you have a Bose system in your car?
I'm wondering how it will all hook up...
Old 05-01-2002 | 01:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have JL Stealthbox pushed by a JL 250/1 amp and it sounds great. Actually I removed everything from my max a few days ago, so no more stealthbox for me
Old 05-01-2002 | 01:28 PM

I have the JL Stealth Box, I love it. I would recommend it, I used to have 2 12's in a bandpass box now my trunk looks like a cave. As long as you are going to be selling jl products you should look into selling the JL 250/1 AMP along with it. I have a mtx amp and I would probably buy the JL amp to replace it. I can get some pics of it if any one wants to see it.
Old 05-01-2002 | 01:29 PM

Andy

Do you still have your stealthbox? Email me at ashok37@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2002 | 02:17 PM

This may be a stupid question but,how does the bass get into the car? It seems to me that it would be to far from the opening in the seat for optimal sound. I know bass would get into the car but not as much as it could,just wondering.
Old 05-01-2002 | 03:06 PM

Originally posted by Hunter11
This may be a stupid question but,how does the bass get into the car? It seems to me that it would be to far from the opening in the seat for optimal sound. I know bass would get into the car but not as much as it could,just wondering.
Bass is are lower frequency sound waves. Low frequency sound waves have a longer wave length, so distance is actually less important as apposed to High frequency sound. So even though it's further by at most a few feet, it won't make much of a difference.
Old 05-01-2002 | 03:20 PM

I have a stealthbox that is powered by a JL 250/1 Amp and it sounds great. I had the amp installed to the back wall of the trunk. I found that if you open the armrest thing (don't know if it has a name) it sounds much better. The stealthbox is great because it is extremely solid when you bolt it in. It is extremely durable and sounds great. I would recommend to those looking for clean deep bass and trunk space.
Old 05-01-2002 | 03:27 PM

Originally posted by breaux124

Bass is are lower frequency sound waves. Low frequency sound waves have a longer wave length, so distance is actually less important as apposed to High frequency sound. So even though it's further by at most a few feet, it won't make much of a difference.
Thanks, I was just wondering b/c I haven't put woofers in my Max yet, I am looking for a good set up and the stealth may be it.I have had SUV's before so that is why I was wondering about the bass getting into the car.
Old 05-02-2002 | 08:11 AM

Originally posted by Hunter11

Thanks, I was just wondering b/c I haven't put woofers in my Max yet, I am looking for a good set up and the stealth may be it.I have had SUV's before so that is why I was wondering about the bass getting into the car.
I have two 10" JLs in a custom box, but it was made for my previous car, so it doesn't fit as nice in my maxima. It takes up more room than I like. Also, the stealth box is a good choice cause it holds it's resell value. You can buy it for around $400 and still sell it later for around $250-$300 with no problem.
Old 05-02-2002 | 08:18 AM

Re: Re: Re: Should CustomMaxima.com sell JL Audio Stealth Box??

But did you ever contact them? That is the question. Custommaxima took care of that whole diamond corner situation, but if you didn't contact them, they didn't know about it.

Originally posted by 97MaxSE

I don't really care but, they screwed me out of some money. Remember that whole ordeal w/ the diamond cut clears. They sent me the wrong ones which was okay w/ me but I payed more for those than I should have. If they knew how to run a business they would have sent my *** a check in the mail for how much they owed me. But I was never contacted by them. Screw them.
Old 05-02-2002 | 09:14 AM
no more maxima...

A 10 W6 can move well with just 200 wrms (of course real power, like from zapco, ppi, etc). Also with this sub, it can take double its rated power easily (like all other JL products). I think custommaxima should sell face plates for single and double DIN head-units (for the 4th gen max), which have those nice storage compartments, as well as wire harnesses for the 4th gen maxima.
Old 05-02-2002 | 08:43 PM

the stealth box is pretty amazing.. noone can tell you have a woofer by looking into the trunk and it holds it value. it sounds pretty good for a 10" woofer. i'd put a W7 in there..
Old 05-02-2002 | 09:04 PM

Yeah I was kinda wondering about the diamond clears situation. I read that u are honoring a $15 gift certificate for those that bought them and are just keeping them? Do I get this next time I order? I plan to continue ordering through u however I wish u would address problems more directly instead of somewhat seeming to ignore them (just not good business in my opinion always address customer problems).
Old 05-03-2002 | 05:19 AM

would an....

would an alpine 1507 amp be able to power this puppy ok?

ruff ruff....
Old 05-03-2002 | 05:43 AM

Re: would an....

Originally posted by rguida
would an alpine 1507 amp be able to power this puppy ok?

ruff ruff....
whats the power of the amp?
Old 05-03-2002 | 05:51 AM

Re: Re: would an....

Originally posted by wicked1044

whats the power of the amp?
150 watt rms at 12v by 4 ohms two channel, 300 watt at 14.4 volt by 4 ohms two channel...600 watts at 12 volt bridged and 900 watts at 14.4 volts bridged.... to the best of my memory thats what it is.....
Old 05-03-2002 | 05:56 AM

Originally posted by lightboy
Yeah I was kinda wondering about the diamond clears situation. I read that u are honoring a $15 gift certificate for those that bought them and are just keeping them? Do I get this next time I order? I plan to continue ordering through u however I wish u would address problems more directly instead of somewhat seeming to ignore them (just not good business in my opinion always address customer problems).
Love your post, that is definately true......Anyone that knows if we get $15 in store credit @ custommaxima.com please let us all know....we would appreciate it....Thanks