4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

socal people help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

socal people help please

hello,
i've posted about my hids few weeks ago. my car had been in an accident and my headlights are really messed up right now. they are aiming up toward the signs when i drive. the places i went to are trying to rip me off to fix this problem( i found out cuz everywhere told me different things). does anyone know a shop that will do a good job for cheap in socal? or if any of u guys are familiar with headlights, and are willing to fix it for me in exchange for $$ or car stuff(intakes?) please let me know. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2002, 10:29 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: socal people help please

Originally posted by mbauto
hello,
i've posted about my hids few weeks ago. my car had been in an accident and my headlights are really messed up right now. they are aiming up toward the signs when i drive. the places i went to are trying to rip me off to fix this problem( i found out cuz everywhere told me different things). does anyone know a shop that will do a good job for cheap in socal? or if any of u guys are familiar with headlights, and are willing to fix it for me in exchange for $$ or car stuff(intakes?) please let me know. Thanks!
Are you saying the car wasn't repaired right? Or it was and the headlights just need adjusting? If the former, I'd bring it back. If the latter, just drive up to a wall on flat ground and start adjusting. My '97 headlights came all tweeked so I had to do that as well. Anyway, where do you live? I'm in Poway if you want to cruz over and we can tinker with them.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: socal people help please

Originally posted by ptatohed

Are you saying the car wasn't repaired right? Or it was and the headlights just need adjusting? If the former, I'd bring it back. If the latter, just drive up to a wall on flat ground and start adjusting. My '97 headlights came all tweeked so I had to do that as well. Anyway, where do you live? I'm in Poway if you want to cruz over and we can tinker with them.

hey thanks for responding
well when the shop fixed the front of my car they didnt bother adjusting the headlights they just kind of slapped everything together. a nice guy at autozone did drive it up to a wall and tried to adjust it for me but the light just kept on going out of focus. so i took it to several repair shop and they were just plain trying to rip me off. i really don't think its a big work but they tried to make me think that way. well, i'm in LA by the way. i was thinking of going to SD zoo with my girlfriend and my baby nephew some weekend so i wouldn't mind stopping by
Old 05-01-2002, 10:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: socal people help please

Originally posted by mbauto

a nice guy at autozone did drive it up to a wall and tried to adjust it for me but the light just kept on going out of focus.
Are you sure that the are secure? What do you mean by out of focus? Or are they just misaligned?

Sounds like you need to check if the plastic bracket that keeps the headlight in place, may be busted.
Old 05-02-2002, 01:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Re: Re: socal people help please

Originally posted by avalon42

Are you sure that the are secure? What do you mean by out of focus? Or are they just misaligned?

Sounds like you need to check if the plastic bracket that keeps the headlight in place, may be busted.

well as far as i know the when the guy tried to adjust it lower the light would just kind of spread out of focus. erm... it would just spread out and get dim. i don't know what to do... it is probably busted... no one would tell me exactly whats wrong or they just dont know....