4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

bras....why not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 09:38 AM
miles2go

i've seen so many max's on this site but not one with a bra.
what's up wit dat?! also is there a after market site i could look for one.

Old 11-29-2000, 09:45 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If you decide to get a bra for your car make sure you like it because if you leave it on long enough it'll fudge up your paint pretty bad. What happens is that with all the rubbing on the front, any time water gets in there or dirt, forget it, it messes up the already high quality nissan paint which means you'd never be able to take it off without getting the front repainted.

Chris
Old 11-29-2000, 10:20 AM

DO NOT GET A BRA

Unless it is the really really nice kind with the soft cotton inside. DO NOT buy LeBra, they are like sandpaper on the inside. I got rid of mine I hated it so much.
Old 11-29-2000, 10:31 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: DO NOT GET A BRA

I only throw it on during winter highway driving.
Old 11-29-2000, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by miles2go
I have a bra on mine, just no pic of the car in my sig. I am a big fan of (car) bras. I've bought them for every car that I've ever owned and absolutely swear by them. Get a good, expensive one - like Colgan. Wax beneath is regularly, remove it during rain or other inclimate weather, and clean the inside of it often. It will prolong the life of your hood and bumper many, many years, if you pay due attention.

Old 11-29-2000, 11:52 AM

I'm with booker

I have a bra for my 97 also and I have owned a bra for every car I've owned since 85. I've never had a problem other than one bra that was poorly fitted to the vehicle. it was replaced by the dealer who advised me it was a "factory second". Colgan probably makes the best car bras around they fit well and are well designed. You must remove them in bad weather and clean them regularly(inside & out). As long as you take care of them they won't cause any harm to your car.

Good luck
Old 11-29-2000, 12:13 PM
madduck99

bras

From my experience if you keep a bra on for an many years it does not see the sun, so while your paint on the rest of your car fades at an even rate the part that is covered by the bra will not fade. I had the same thing happen with my sunroof deflector.

Old 11-29-2000, 12:23 PM

Ya, I know...I've been telling my girlfriend to not wear one for years...oh, wait, you mean car bras...Ya, I got one of those
Old 11-29-2000, 12:29 PM
Disco Biscuit

I had one of the nice Nisan bras.

didn't have any problems with the paint, but it got streached somehow and strated flapping, so I took it off. I'll prolly get another one if I move to Orlando.(Damn lovebugs...)
Old 11-29-2000, 12:48 PM

I considered getting a car bra but heard that they make a whistling sound at highway speeds(> 75 mph). Can any of you guys who use them confirm this?

TMAX
Old 11-29-2000, 12:54 PM

I have the Nissan bra and it has really come in handy. I have a black SE and it has saved me a couple of times during highway driving. Take it off during rain, keep the inside clean, put it on when car is clean, and DON'T leave it on all the time...you will be fine.
K
Old 11-29-2000, 01:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

here is my $0.02

putting a bra on a car = putting a paper bag over your girlfriend's head
Old 11-29-2000, 01:07 PM

Haha...decent analogy, except my Maxima's front has more chips than a bag of Price Club Doritos, so I have no choice
Old 11-29-2000, 04:27 PM
MaxRX7

I've over 100+mph

with the bra and haven't heard squat. If someone can hear a noise something is not right and/or have very sensitive hearing.

Originally posted by tmax
I considered getting a car bra but heard that they make a whistling sound at highway speeds(> 75 mph). Can any of you guys who use them confirm this?

TMAX

Old 11-29-2000, 11:43 PM

whistling bra,s

Mine didn,t whistle but the hood portion flapped up quite a bit until I tightened it up. I only use it for long trips and not for city driving cause in a way it,s kind of fugly
Old 11-30-2000, 06:17 AM
JimW

Bra is good, but "clear mask" is better--->

Originally posted by miles2go
also known as Armourfend or Stongard. Clear, tough film that covers all the areas that a bra would, Protects just as well, maybe even better, but it's transparent. Maximized had a group deal going not too long ago.
Search for it, it's worth every penney.

Old 11-30-2000, 07:05 AM

I use it when it gets warm and i do a lot of driving (and to cover up the paint chips) I was told to remove the hood bra when it rains.