4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Auto Trans ValveBody Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 03:02 PM

Does anyone else have an Auto Trans in their Maxima, if so you should get the Valve Body Upgrade. I just bought mine last week and installed it. The valve body is a great mod to have in your Max. A must have if your running NOS or have a S/C. The ValveBody makes your car shift faster and you can really tell the difference when racing. I got my valve body from Don in Texas. He sells them for about 450 plus shipping. Almost anyone can put this mod in yourself. It took me a week to get mine to work right, but Don helped me out alot. If anyone else has a Auto Maxima, then this mod is a must have. you can contact Don at dgcoop@swbell.net and he can help you out.
Old 11-30-2000, 03:24 PM

are you a commercial....

man that sounds scripted!No offense, I agree completely, but man that delivery sounded like George W at inaugaration!

Old 11-30-2000, 03:55 PM
BlkCat

This is the Don I've heard about from Texas, am I right?
Is there anyone closer to Canada or is he the only one that does vb mods?

Old 11-30-2000, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by Vandanno
This is the Don I've heard about from Texas, am I right?
Is there anyone closer to Canada or is he the only one that does vb mods?
i heard level10 in new jersey does it, don't know how much.
Old 12-01-2000, 05:02 AM

Don is a cheat!!!! BEWARE!

title reads as it is...guy cheated my money...hasn't refunded me for a VB payment I made to him 3 months ago. I never even gotten any VB from him then I found out that I needed to cancel on him cos no tranny shop wanted to do it....so!

Old 12-01-2000, 09:50 AM

has anyone else had problems w/ him..
Old 12-01-2000, 11:33 AM

Re: Don is a cheat!!!! BEWARE!

Originally posted by tclee
title reads as it is...guy cheated my money...hasn't refunded me for a VB payment I made to him 3 months ago. I never even gotten any VB from him then I found out that I needed to cancel on him cos no tranny shop wanted to do it....so!

Dude the install is not hard. Hell borrow some jackstands a neighbor or friend and both of you can do it in 3-5 hours.
Old 12-01-2000, 11:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

do you have directions on how to do the vb mod yourself?
Old 12-01-2000, 03:44 PM

As much as you might see my posts here on the board, I don't live here, so sometimes I might not be able to answer to posts very quickly. I also was told about this post thru someone else, I have never looked under "Dealership and shop Experiences". So I have not been aware of this post until 5 minutes ago.

I also received an email from the guy who failed to contact me before it went 3 months out. Unfortunately he tells me he used Paypal to pay, so I have no paperwork on him (This is why I do not recommend paypal for payment, its not very easy to work with in situations like this). In his email to me he Did NOT give me his full name, any car info, time of purchase, etc. So at this point I don't have a ton of info to go by. I use my CC processing people for 4 different entities, the VB modification charges only being ONE of those, and the other 3 have nothing to do with autombiles.

I have done literally 100+ of these modifications in the last 8 months or so, and have never had a problem with anyone to this day. My book-keeping is done thru an outside agency, so if I don't hear of an issue directly, I really won't know whats going on. Again, if you use the methods of payment that are recommended (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), You will be protected and will never have a problem.

I find it interesting to see so many people that are so quick to pass judgement on someone who (in the last three years) has done nothing but be an enthusiast on this board and help in situations when possible. I assume thse posts are made out of immaturity and with time, will pass. It looks like 2-3 people have made a decision about me and my business practices with all the knowledge of "one post" with no more details than I've been given. Kudos to you guys, you will make good Supreme court justices one day (making decisions before both sides are heard).

For those of you who haven't passed judgement, the VB mod will continue to be available.

For those of you who continue to post on things you have no direct knowledge of, or have made a decision without hearing both sides, this modification is probably not right for you.

Don in Texas

[Edited by Don in Texas on 12-01-2000 at 06:21 PM]
Old 12-01-2000, 07:35 PM

I haven't had any probs with Don

I have been a member for over 2 years already and I only hear good things about Don and his VB mod. When I purchased the VB mod from Don, I had a little trouble with the USPS, mislocated shipment. Don was patient and helpful. I eventually found the VB and I absolutely love it. From my experience, Don is very professional.
Keep up the good work Don.