4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Just Bought my Maxima!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 06:04 PM

Just Bought my Maxima!

I just bought a 99 Maxima SE. Its black with cloth interior, 5-speed 38K miles. It has the sunroof and Bose stereo. I love driving it. I got it from a used car dealer here in a suburb of Philly, picked it up for $15K, I thought it was a good deal. Hopefully I will be able to do some mods in the future.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:06 PM

Congratulations.
15K..I think thats pretty good. My bro-in-law paid 16K and some change for a 98 SE.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:15 PM

Sorry to hear you got the Bose system with it. But, congrats on the car, nice color too.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:39 PM
i SeE what you did therE

now mod that thing...
Old 05-31-2002, 07:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by JPMontoya
Sorry to hear you got the Bose system with it. But, congrats on the car, nice color too.
What's wrong with the Bose system? I bought my '98 SE Maxima three days ago, and the Bose system sounds pretty awesome (at least I think it does... maybe I'm just so happy with my new car that I don't know what's good or not )... It seems to have enough bass to vibrate the mirrors and everything.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:31 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

If you are saying the bose is not reliable, maybe, I don't know. If your saying it's not quality sound, I begg to differ. It's a great stock stereo. Back in high school I used to have all the subs and amps but I have grown up now and the bose is perfect. Plenty of bass and the seperates sound clear. My brother has the Mach 500 in a ford and mine is just as good or better.

Now that I am talking stereos I am getting in urge to but mine out and put in a killer system. So much for stock
Old 05-31-2002, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by swcello

What's wrong with the Bose system? I bought my '98 SE Maxima three days ago, and the Bose system sounds pretty awesome (at least I think it does... maybe I'm just so happy with my new car that I don't know what's good or not )... It seems to have enough bass to vibrate the mirrors and everything.
Yes, Bose was good back in the old days.......BUT, the quality for the price has degraded sooooooooo much that it is literally C-R-A-P.
Ever since the company went mainstream audio, it's products have been sub-par with what's out there today. The speakers cost $5 to make and they charge $1000, so basically you are paying for the name.

I was an avid Bose fan until I took apart my Bose system and realized I was JIPPED. Now having installed a completely new one, I'm much happier.

By all means, I mean no offense to you and do not want to make you feel that you got jipped. If you like it that's great, it's all that counts.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by JPMontoya

Yes, Bose was good back in the old days.......BUT, the quality for the price has degraded sooooooooo much that it is literally C-R-A-P.
Ever since the company went mainstream audio, it's products have been sub-par with what's out there today. The speakers cost $5 to make and they charge $1000, so basically you are paying for the name.

I was an avid Bose fan until I took apart my Bose system and realized I was JIPPED. Now having installed a completely new one, I'm much happier.

By all means, I mean no offense to you and do not want to make you feel that you got jipped. If you like it that's great, it's all that counts.
I think I'm just SO happy with the car (I've never owned a Maxima before and I love it!) that I'm just oblivious to the speaker quality anyways

Anyways, what do you think about infinity speakers? We have a '95 Altima that needs a new sound system, and we were gonna go with Infinity. If Infinity is not good for the amount you pay, what else are good speakers? I wont be buying subs or anything, just four speakers.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:36 PM
Custom User Title...

infinities are good...i have eclipse and they sound awesome...i recomend you check those out too. goodluck