4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Just put exhaust on few question this happen to any1 else ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 09:34 PM

Just put exhaust on few question this happen to any1 else ?

Well i bought a stillen exhaust not to loud good for now.

A few question is:

Is there a resanator on it can i make it louder?

Will it get louder once y pipe installed ?

And my main concern is anyone with a muffler or stillen espicially it feels like there is more highway power and when i floor it my rpms almost hit red line when before it would stop at 5 6, is this spose to happen, like i just though muffler was mostly sound but it feellike it gives me alot of power and im almost scared to blow up my engine or something crazy the rpms just fly up ...any info or comments will help thanks
Old 05-31-2002, 09:45 PM

Re: Just put exhaust on few question this happen to any1 else ?

Originally posted by madmax97

A few question is:

And my main concern is anyone with a muffler or stillen espicially it feels like there is more highway power and when i floor it my rpms almost hit red line when before it would stop at 5 6, is this spose to happen, like i just though muffler was mostly sound but it feellike it gives me alot of power and im almost scared to blow up my engine or something crazy the rpms just fly up ...any info or comments will help thanks
adding the ypipe will make it very deep and loud at certain rpms like at 1.5k I dont remember how it was when stock but mine reaches redline also. the ypipe/Stillen combo sound nice and deep but at times, it gets annoying
Old 05-31-2002, 10:28 PM

Re: Just put exhaust on few question this happen to any1 else ?

Originally posted by madmax97

A few question is:

if you want loud you should go with my setup. budget ypipe, warpspeed test pipe (for races), courtesy bpipe, and N1 style muffler. i had it welded on the rear and it's too loud! i need to have additional resonators welded on otherwise i'll have to keep my silencer on otherwise it really looks nice on a maxima.