4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

who has Red/Clears?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 05:24 PM

Red/Clears

Hey i was woundering who has these....do you like them? Im mostly talking about 95-96 How long have your had them....had any problem? post pictures if you have any

-ChRi§
Old 06-03-2002, 05:40 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Here are my davidL tails. They are good. MUCH better than stock, especially on black/white maxima's.

Old 06-03-2002, 05:49 PM

hey craig

Originally posted by Craig Mack
Here are my davidL tails. They are good. MUCH better than stock, especially on black/white maxima's.

its funny how we keep always running into each othere, thanks for the pics.... and good luck with your 5speed converson, i cant wait to be doing mine....hit me up when your in jacksonville i wanna see how everything works out for u

-ChRi§
Old 06-03-2002, 05:55 PM

Re: hey craig

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE

its funny how we keep always running into each othere, thanks for the pics.... and good luck with your 5speed converson, i cant wait to be doing mine....hit me up when your in jacksonville i wanna see how everything works out for u

-ChRi§

Yea...Actually I didn't know it was you until I saw that weird "s" you do in your name. lol.

I just hope Chaz FINDS a donor car sometime soon...remember I told you the auction is only once a week, and 9 times out of 10 it's an auto maxima. Pray that we find something soon!
Old 06-03-2002, 06:00 PM

Re: Re: hey craig

Yea...Actually I didn't know it was you until I saw that weird "s" you do in your name. lol.

I just hope Chaz FINDS a donor car sometime soon...remember I told you the auction is only once a week, and 9 times out of 10 it's an auto maxima. Pray that we find something soon!
I will keep you in my prayers, i hope i get a **** load of money for my birth day on june 6th.... if not then im going to have to do alot of work for my 5speed =( and knowing me i might not even want it anymore....i just want one so bad tho... i bet the waiting part must be murder.... what about geting all the parts used but just buying a new tranny? how much extra would that run?

-ChRi§
Old 06-03-2002, 06:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: hey craig

[B]

I will keep you in my prayers,
Thanx

i hope i get a **** load of money for my birth day on june 6th.... if not then im going to have to do alot of work for my 5speed =( and knowing me i might not even want it anymore....i just want one so bad tho... i bet the waiting part must be murder....
Man, you sound exactly like me. My b-day is June 5th, but I already am getting my windows tinted to 5% and all the dents removed as my gifts. And YES the waiting is K-I-L-L-I-N-G me! Dude, I even had a dream that I was my car was 5spd and I was drivin through the neighborhood and was gettin all these looks and it was soo fun. And I wanna get my 5-speed so when I go places for my car people will give me more respect and be like damn a 5-speed Maxima, sweet!

what about geting all the parts used but just buying a new tranny? how much extra would that run?

-ChRi§
If your like me, then your gonna get by with the skin of your teeth. I have about $1080 in my bank account right now saved up for the conversion, and $150 sitting in my room. That's BARELY enough to cover it all. At this point I don't give a damn if the tranny has 90k on it I just WANT A 5spd! A new tranny is going to cost you over a grand alone. Definatally go with the used tranny along with the whole donor car...70% of maxima drivers are geezers that treat the car great so chances are the tranny+parts are gonna be in good condition.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:09 PM

Re: Red/Clears

Craig & I both got our red/clear tails the same time.

I've got a small lo-quality pic in my sig. My homepage has a better one on page 2

Had it for about 3-4 months now, I prefer it over the amber. Up close, you'll notice some imperfections whihc I'm sure Craig will be more than willing to explain in detail.

DavidL is the only guy I know off who makes these, you could expect to wait a while to get them .. ehh, Craig?
Old 06-03-2002, 06:13 PM

Re: Re: Red/Clears

Originally posted by pocketrocket
Up close, you'll notice some imperfections whihc I'm sure Craig will be more than willing to explain in detail.

DavidL is the only guy I know off who makes these, you could expect to wait a while to get them .. ehh, Craig?
Shhhh don't talk about those imperfections or you'll get FLAMED by people which will remain unknown.

As for the wait.....yea....half a year is a LIIIIIIIITLE too long, especially when the original time was 2-6 weeks.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:16 PM

Re: Re: Red/Clears

Originally posted by pocketrocket
Craig & I both got our red/clear tails the same time.

I've got a small lo-quality pic in my sig. My homepage has a better one on page 2

Had it for about 3-4 months now, I prefer it over the amber. Up close, you'll notice some imperfections whihc I'm sure Craig will be more than willing to explain in detail.

Im getting mine used, the guy im buying them already has them so there is no waiting.... he siad there not the david ones tho, there the APC clears, with the red painted on them

-ChRi§
Old 06-03-2002, 06:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Red/Clears

Im getting mine used, the guy im buying them already has them so there is no waiting.... he siad there not the david ones tho, there the APC clears, with the red painted on them

-ChRi§
Hmmm....be VERY carefull. If I were you i'd demand some pictures before I bought anything. DavidL takes apart the tails and paints them with high quality paint. Some people just paint the outside which can fade easily and doesn't look as good.

Definatally get some pics and ask him how he did it.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Red/Clears

Shhhh don't talk about those imperfections or you'll get FLAMED by people which will remain unknown.

As for the wait.....yea....half a year is a LIIIIIIIITLE too long, especially when the original time was 2-6 weeks.
dont cover things up, this is a maxima web site to share things like that and give advice....when you say that the lights have imperfections do u mean that the white does not match? thats ovious tho , u can see it in your pictures

-ChRi§
Old 06-03-2002, 06:26 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Red/Clears

Hmmm....be VERY carefull. If I were you i'd demand some pictures before I bought anything. DavidL takes apart the tails and paints them with high quality paint. Some people just paint the outside which can fade easily and doesn't look as good.

Definatally get some pics and ask him how he did it.
well as long as i get the clears i will be happy the fact they dont make them anymore is a *****....i dont care if there a little faded its no big deal ... I already have red transparent paint, so i will spray then till i feel they match my stock inside lights....and then i will buy a seal, and paint over both the red and clear part with a clear seal to protect from the sun, and rain....

that should work right?

-ChRi§
Old 06-03-2002, 06:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red/Clears

well as long as i get the clears i will be happy the fact they dont make them anymore is a *****....i dont care if there a little faded its no big deal ... I already have red transparent paint, so i will spray then till i feel they match my stock inside lights....and then i will buy a seal, and paint over both the red and clear part with a clear seal to protect from the sun, and rain....

that should work right?

-ChRi§
If you know what your doing (which it sounds like you do) you should be fine.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:48 PM
pro

Im gonna get my head torn off for saying this but I just don't see the point. To spend $160-180 dollars for something that won't change your car a whole lot just doesn't make since. I like my altezzas, my car looks completely different then if I was to get clears.
Paul
Old 06-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by pro
Im gonna get my head torn off for saying this but I just don't see the point. To spend $160-180 dollars for something that won't change your car a whole lot just doesn't make since. I like my altezzas, my car looks completely different then if I was to get clears.
Paul
Clear/Reds made a huge diff. Only noticed by the die-hard max fans but I love them none the less. That @ss looks so much cleaner.

Old 06-03-2002, 07:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red/Clears

If you know what your doing (which it sounds like you do) you should be fine.
sound like i know what im doing? shooooooooooot! I know! what im doing!

ChRi§
Old 06-03-2002, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by pro
Paul
I donno man its everyones opinon, i think the altezzars are ugly as fuuuuck... I like the red/clears becuase of the clean look and the white turn blinker, plus im getting mine for only $110

klubjunkee thanks for the pics, i have the same color as u and wanted to mostly know what it would look like on our color car..

ChRi§

Old 06-04-2002, 11:57 AM

I bought clear/clears from an org member and painted them myself with Vans Red Lens Paint. Check out the URL below on the process I used to paint. They look excellent. Much better than those hideous looking Euro/Altezza/Al-puke-a's

http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/mzr02

M 95SE 5sp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~