4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ACT Question ?? Already installed...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 10:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ACT Question ?? Already installed...

Granted Im still in the break-in period, and I havent totally hit it yet, it doesnt seem like its grabbing all that great...like I expected...my old clutch would seem like it would SKIP between gears if I shift fast and let the pedal out fast, and I thaught it was the clutch, it seems like its still happenening even with the ACT..All these problems might be summed up if I get the pedal adjusted but maybe not..I love the pedal feel but it travels soo far to hit the floor....I need some help...I really dont think im gonna be able to chirp second or third at all..NOT EVEN 2ND

I might need to have the line flushed out for air ?? Or maybe a new slave cylinder installed..what does a bad throw out cylinder act like when its on its way out

-matt

maybe after the break in period it will feel totally different and silky smooth...but right now between shifts is roufe

Old 06-16-2002, 07:01 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: ACT Question ?? Already installed...

Originally posted by matty
I might need to have the line flushed out for air ?? Or maybe a new slave cylinder installed..what does a bad throw out cylinder act like when its on its way out

-matt

maybe after the break in period it will feel totally different and silky smooth...but right now between shifts is roufe

[/B]
Please don't tell me the throw out bearing was not replaced when your new clutch was installed!?!?!?! Was the pilot bushing replaced?
That would explain the rough shifting into first and reverse you were talking about a little while ago. Say it ain't so!!

Adjusting the clutch pedal should help with the pedal travel and where the clutch releases. Also when I had my clutch installed I put on a new slave cylinder as well.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The throwout bearing and the pilot bushing were replaced...
why did you do the slave cylinder ??
how do you know when one is gettin old

-matt
Old 06-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by matty
The throwout bearing and the pilot bushing were replaced...
why did you do the slave cylinder ??
how do you know when one is gettin old

-matt
The transmission place I took my max to just recommended that I replace the slave cylinder. I ordered one from nissan and they put it on. As to why the transmission place recommeneded replacing the slave cylinder I couldn't tell you why.