4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

It's OFFICIAL!! my first accident, and MY FAULT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 01:07 PM
Sports Button FTW

It's OFFICIAL!! my first accident, and MY FAULT!!!

well not really but legally it is. Here is how the sorrow story goes.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worst, it does. First my car got stolen on Saturday and now, today, Tuesday June 18, 2002 around 12:30 eastern time, my car acts like an idiot and causes my first REAL accident.

I was going down rt 22 to this place where i got my warspeed y-pipe installed cause my pipe kept banging on this shield. They fixed that in about 5 min or less and as i'm driving back home, i approach a light and let go of gas to proceed pressing brake. Now i see myself first not slowing down and most importantly, my rpm was very high and increasing. So I pull up hand brake, slam regular brake and try to pull up gass pedal with my foot from underneath. The son of a b*tch is stuck!! I can't slow down and i'm about to cross an intersection on a highway where i'm supposed to stop due to a red light. I'm terrified as f*ck, no seat belt on and just wondering why someone hates me so much. After playing around with brakes and all, i finally slowed down to about 10 mph before crossing an intersection and getting wrecked by some type of Bronco truck. Here is the result of the accident.

Damaged bumper
damaged diamond cut bumpers
damaged fender
damaged corner head light

a little damage to hood but damage is seen only if the bra is taken off and hood still closes perfectly.

increase in insurance
and payment of a small on his car if he's a big enough ******* to make me pay.

He totally ripped shot on my car and al i did was put this little scratch on his silver lining of wheel area. I was so mad and terrified i didn't know what to think. Once again i tell myself it could have been worst but jesus christ, what's next?!

first i get my car stolen for the first time and less than half a week later i get into my first accident. I already had to pay about 500 for damaged due to the f*cks that stole my car, and now this little shmeal is gonna cost me another good 5-600 bucks. REally sucks man...

and just when i thought i was gonna have the slightest bit of luck to my side, a police officer comes and see's accident, stops traffic so we can move to the side and seeing da damage i had and the little he had and being it was my fault, he asked if we wanted to let things go and i'm ok with that. Then he asks me what happened and I honestly but stupidly tell him how my gas pedal is acting up and he says i can't drive car cause another accident may occur. So i'm forced to tow car (115 bucks) and seeing the damage to the side, he says insurance companies have to know about this due to the fact taht it's a 500 dollar damage...so my small hope of getting away with something is shattered and now my whole summer is f*cked up. I learned a lesson from all of this.

Security is the most essential thing in the world and....

never pay for something when u don't have the money because u never know what's going to happen. I paid for parts for conversion and now this crap happens. the money i used for conversion i could have used to easily pay for these damages, now i have two heavy bills coming and although i'll pay them off in due time, this definitely set me back.

Taking the bus home, i saw this nice looking chick wit dookie booty short jeans and as i'm about to approach her, i revisited my luck and thought what else could happen...then it hit me, this hoe MUST have crabs or something...i outsmarted my bad luck and now i'm waiting for its next move...freaking final destination all over again

VERY LONG SORRY BUT I DOUBT ANY OF You HAVE HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS HIT U IN ONE WEEK...SUCKS MAN!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 01:16 PM

Re: It's OFFICIAL!! my first accident, and MY FAULT!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your tough luck man. there's always a postive side to these stories, Thank god you slowed the car down and didn't get killed man! You'll fix your car. Were you talking abotu rt 22 in NJ?

Kevin

PS- I would hae gone for the chick hoping that my luck was turning around!!
Old 06-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

dude man your having the worst of luck.........hope better luck finds you
Old 06-18-2002, 01:19 PM
Sports Button FTW

Re: Re: It's OFFICIAL!! my first accident, and MY FAULT!!!

Originally posted by Kevin

I'm sorry to hear about your tough luck man. there's always a postive side to these stories, Thank god you slowed the car down and didn't get killed man! You'll fix your car. Were you talking abotu rt 22 in NJ?

Kevin

PS- I would hae gone for the chick hoping that my luck was turning around!!
yea rt 22 east bound near plainfield....i hope my lucks gets better too....

i'm hoping to fix damages in 2 weeks max and have conversion done week after or that same week...argh man, my birthday is right around the corner...happy birthday to me right? f*ck sh*t a$$ b*tch **** skippidy doo bop...whoops?!
Old 06-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i get the feeling ur CAI is what caused the gas pedal to get stuck to the floor, i wrote an old post about this. check the metal ring gasket that goes around the seal on the throttle body that the CAI connects to. Sometimes the excess ring material hangs over right where the butterfly arm is connected to the throttle wire and will either prevent the arm from goin all the way to WOT or will let the arm pass by and let it be stuck, all i can say is cut the excess ring part off. hope i helped, hope things get better.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:24 PM

Wow! You must be the unluckiest person I know. Are you sure nobody put a curse on you or something? I would just pray about it and ask God what's going on.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: It's OFFICIAL!! my first accident, and MY FAULT!!!

Originally posted by meccanoble

yea rt 22 east bound near plainfield....i hope my lucks gets better too....

i'm hoping to fix damages in 2 weeks max and have conversion done week after or that same week...argh man, my birthday is right around the corner...happy birthday to me right? f*ck sh*t a$$ b*tch **** skippidy doo bop...whoops?!
Wow, I'm on that road every day! Surpised I've never seen your car before.

Were you gonna doing a front end conversion to 97+ style?
Old 06-18-2002, 01:33 PM
I'm so hood

mecca - I hope your upcoming b-day brings you some kind of good fortune, cause it sounds like you definitely need it.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:37 PM
MAX

When it rains it pours

You didn't screw someone over recently did you? Bad karma is a biotch. I'm sure your luck will turn around shortly. You should have definitely talked to that chick though! Tell her about your hard luck, try to get some sympathetic lovin'!
Old 06-18-2002, 01:39 PM

Holy crap. I doubt that means we'll get anything done on your conversion next week?. Maybe you should stay away from me, I had bad luck too. Blew my auto at 36k, blew the 5spd converted tranny after 3k, now i took it apart and put it together only to find out its stuck in a gear, and found a busted axle. I tell you, the world is coming to an end!
Old 06-18-2002, 02:12 PM

Hope this helps you at all..

OEM parts
Old 06-18-2002, 02:33 PM

I think you're unluckier then I am. Maybe you should start taking the bus.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:14 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Sorry to hear of your bad luck... again...

Be careful... bad luck usually comes in groups... I'm sure you're luck will change.

On the brighter side... you (and others) weren't hurt... There's nothing great about witnessing someone die or get maimed.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:55 PM

Rt. 22??????

I drive Rt. 22 as well and I have also never seen either of your cars. Any of you guys located around the Somerville, Bridgewater, Martinsville area????

-Ian
Old 06-18-2002, 05:25 PM

Re: Rt. 22??????

Originally posted by EN_Maxima
I drive Rt. 22 as well and I have also never seen either of your cars. Any of you guys located around the Somerville, Bridgewater, Martinsville area????

-Ian
I get on 22 at from the 1 & 9 and travel it down to Parkway South every day during rush hour 5-6. White max with clears. keep your eyes peeled.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:44 PM
Sports Button FTW

thanks guys, skeelo we still doing conversion dammit, i already paid for parts, see no reason to back down from it...but may have to wait a little longer or may just get parts next week and just hold on to them till we ready, we'll talk about that....

as far as everybody else, thanks for all your help and concern...i'm smoking that goood ish tonight to delete the pain cause it's umbearing...as far as the parts are concerned, my pop's works for a non profit organization which has an auto repair training school and they are going to get my parts mad cheap with no tax and heavy discount, plus my car will be a donor so they'll work on it...for free hopefully..

as far as the parts are concerned, i like the look of my 95 max and would like to keep it like that except the lights but being i'll have to replace both lights if i went 97, i'm just going to replace the one with 95 and keep it just about the same as it was before....

here are some good things coming out this...

i'm getting a new bumper and my old one was not only scratched up from paint chipping and all but was also cut bad by me when installing the fog lights...the new one i get will most likely be from an SE which will already have cuts for the fog lights...and all i'll have to do is fine left lamp and put it in

wow, it sucks to not have a car...my uncle has an old 300zx chilling in my yard (85) but no insurance...its stick too! i drove it and obviously i'll whoop it but it would not be bad to drive it around especially being i have no car right now....
Old 06-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by NotNew!!NewSN!!
i get the feeling ur CAI is what caused the gas pedal to get stuck to the floor, i wrote an old post about this. check the metal ring gasket that goes around the seal on the throttle body that the CAI connects to. Sometimes the excess ring material hangs over right where the butterfly arm is connected to the throttle wire and will either prevent the arm from goin all the way to WOT or will let the arm pass by and let it be stuck, all i can say is cut the excess ring part off. hope i helped, hope things get better.
i don't think it was the CAI because i had the CAI for like a good 5 days before they stole my car and had no problem wit gas pedal and now a day after retrieving car back from impound, it gave me this problem...i'm thinking they damaged something because i can shift from reverse to park without holding button in....is this a trans problem or something worst? my shifting is a little funny....doesn't stick as well as it used to
Old 06-18-2002, 06:00 PM

Man that is some horrible f*cked up ****. And it's probably good that you didn't talk to that girl, remember bad things come in 3's. But I hope everything works out alright for you, and for what it's worth happy birthday.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:05 PM

Geezus, you're ACCELERATOR pedal got stuck? Be happy you didn't leave the scene in a body bag. Hope you get some breaks on the repairs, you're due for some good luck
Old 06-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

All bad things happen in three's.
1) The stolen car
2) The damaged MAX
3) Getting crabs would've been 3

so now I guess you're in the clear!
Old 06-18-2002, 06:27 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by ORBRIT
All bad things happen in three's.
1) The stolen car
2) The damaged MAX
3) Getting crabs would've been 3

so now I guess you're in the clear!
bout to smoke tonight to delete my sorrows and pains...that may be the start of a new life....
Old 06-18-2002, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by Draino
Man that is some horrible f*cked up ****. And it's probably good that you didn't talk to that girl, remember bad things come in 3's. But I hope everything works out alright for you, and for what it's worth happy birthday.

Finally!!!! A use for that B'day smilie!!

Hey Mecca,

If you want to get seom 95-96 headlights, I' have a set for really cheap. LEt me know. Also if bad things happen in 3's be careful! you still got one coming. Watch your ***! good luck with the car.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:47 PM

Re: It's OFFICIAL!! my first accident, and MY FAULT!!!

I can't slow down and i'm about to cross an intersection on a highway where i'm supposed to stop due to a red light. I'm terrified as f*ck, no seat belt on and just wondering why someone hates me so much
Someone hates you coz you weren't wearing your seat belt.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Sports Button FTW

Re: Re: It's OFFICIAL!! my first accident, and MY FAULT!!!

Originally posted by pocketrocket

Someone hates you coz you weren't wearing your seat belt.
i never wear my seatbelt...why here, why now?
Old 06-18-2002, 09:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: It's OFFICIAL!! my first accident, and MY FAULT!!!

should I explain the reason for them?

Old 06-18-2002, 09:55 PM

shame on you!

What are seat belts for and why is it mandated on all cars?
Old 06-18-2002, 10:29 PM

wow, I'm sorry to hear about this.
this is a very bad week.

good call on the hoochie mama though !

best of luck
Old 06-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Sports Button FTW

shame on you!

What are seat belts for and why is it mandated on all cars?
lol, i didn't mean why i should wear it now, i meant i never wear my seat belt so why should badluck hit me here, and now? i wear seatbelt when i go out the state (penn and NY)
Old 06-19-2002, 02:18 AM

Finally!!!! A use for that B'day smilie!!

Hey Mecca,

If you want to get seom 95-96 headlights, I' have a set for really cheap. LEt me know. Also if bad things happen in 3's be careful! you still got one coming. Watch your ***! good luck with the car.
haha oh yeah, I jumped right on that one.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:51 PM
MAX

...i'm smoking that goood ish tonight to delete the pain cause it's umbearing...
Old 06-19-2002, 05:06 PM

Re: Re: Rt. 22??????

I get on 22 at from the 1 & 9 and travel it down to Parkway South every day during rush hour 5-6. White max with clears. keep your eyes peeled.
Hello to all the Jersey Max drivers! In Burl Co. here (for now, looking to uproot), so doubtful I will see ya'll on 22 anytime.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:16 PM

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT...BUCKLE UP-IT'S THE LAW
Old 06-19-2002, 05:26 PM

lol, i didn't mean why i should wear it now, i meant i never wear my seat belt so why should badluck hit me here, and now? i wear seatbelt when i go out the state (penn and NY)
Damn - you really are an idiot.

Why here? Why now? Why NOT here? Why NOT now? If this was the first time you didn't wear the belt, then you're entitled to ask this question; but you said you "never" wear it. Inevitably, most of us are going to be in an accident sometime - whether it is our fault or not. If the probability of being in an accident is .1%, you probably ran out of luck.

Damn - be thankful you're still alive. You've been flirting with death for years....maybe this will teach you a lesson.

WEAR THE ****IN' BELT!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 05:51 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by triax37

WEAR THE ****IN' BELT!!!
NEVER!!!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 06:12 PM

Think about it this way. We'll be buying the parts when your car gets parted since you probably won't be alive to fix it. God forid, but you get the idea.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:35 PM

NEVER!!!!!
In Michigan, we have a saying "Click it or Tick-et"

And they do enforce it, it's for your safety, why would you not want to do it?

May be the people who stole your car saw you driving around with no seat belt and decided to take your car away so you wouldn't risk your life?
Old 06-20-2002, 02:26 AM

Hey!! thats catchy!!
Old 06-20-2002, 06:03 AM
Sports Button FTW

that's one of the advantages of tint-in, u got enough time to click-it before the pig see's sh*t
Old 06-20-2002, 06:10 AM
rmb

that's one of the advantages of tint-in, u got enough time to click-it before the pig see's sh*t
Hey, a seatbelt has saved my life twice in HORRIFIC accidents. One where the Mazda RX-7 wasn't even identifiable except by the color...

But I support your right to kill/maim/paralyze yourself and think that the helmet and seatbelt laws(For adults) aren't right....

-RMB
Old 06-20-2002, 06:48 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by rmb

Hey, a seatbelt has saved my life twice in HORRIFIC accidents. One where the Mazda RX-7 wasn't even identifiable except by the color...

But I support your right to kill/maim/paralyze yourself and think that the helmet and seatbelt laws(For adults) aren't right....

-RMB
lol, nah i'm sorry guys, i didn't wnat to bring on the impression that seat belts are of nose use or anything, its just that when i'm driving local, i have too much faith in my ability to get avoid an accident even if its not my fault....i have never gotten in an accident in my whole 2 years of driving and only reason now is because i had a malfunctioned car which i didn't know about...if i was atleast warned or saw a sign earlier that this car had problems, then i would have avoided this accident as well...too much faith in my ability to drive...sure i get lost like everyday but i have a keen eye when it comes to viewing wreckless driving....besides, i'm a big guy and local driving i'm not going fast enough to receive a hit that'll have me flying out the window and what not...that's why i only wear seat belts when on major highways....but to set the record, SEAT BELTS make driving safer and i believe in them, just believe in myself more....

Quick Reply: It's OFFICIAL!! my first accident, and MY FAULT!!!