4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Advice on Carfax Info I Recieved

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 04:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Advice on Carfax Info I Recieved

I recently checked out a 97 Blue SE, that I really like, but I wanted to get ya'lls opinon on this before I go any further. The car originaly had a "commerical/lease" registration on it, and I'm not sure if that's a bad thing really. I figured if it was a lease it would have been taken care of, since they'd have to pay for damages when it was turned in, but I'm not sure.

They are also wanting $9,900 and I'm hoping (if that type of registration isn't bad enough to cause me not to buy it) that I can use that to talk them down more.

BTW, I am getting it check out by a nissan mechanic, so I have those bases covered.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:28 AM

Re: Advice on Carfax Info I Recieved

Originally posted by PossibleOwner
I recently checked out a 97 Blue SE, that I really like, but I wanted to get ya'lls opinon on this before I go any further. The car originaly had a "commerical/lease" registration on it, and I'm not sure if that's a bad thing really. I figured if it was a lease it would have been taken care of, since they'd have to pay for damages when it was turned in, but I'm not sure.

They are also wanting $9,900 and I'm hoping (if that type of registration isn't bad enough to cause me not to buy it) that I can use that to talk them down more.

BTW, I am getting it check out by a nissan mechanic, so I have those bases covered.
The Maxima I bought was a leased company car. It came with all the paperwork of maintence done on the car. All maintence suggested by nissan was done at the dealership. Oil changes, tire rotations, fuel filters, coolant and trany flushes. They took better care of the car than I likely would have. In general companies do very good jobs of taking care of the cars they have. I don't think I would worry about it. See if there is any maintence records than come with the car. Who owned it doesn't matter nearly as much as how it was maintained.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:15 AM

Re: Re: Advice on Carfax Info I Recieved

Originally posted by TheNip73

The Maxima I bought was a leased company car. It came with all the paperwork of maintence done on the car. All maintence suggested by nissan was done at the dealership. Oil changes, tire rotations, fuel filters, coolant and trany flushes. They took better care of the car than I likely would have. In general companies do very good jobs of taking care of the cars they have. I don't think I would worry about it. See if there is any maintence records than come with the car. Who owned it doesn't matter nearly as much as how it was maintained.
Same here, it was a leased company car. Judging by some posts on this board, it's reliabilty has been better than average, despite the fact that it is beat on regularly.