5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Rim Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 01:55 PM

Rim Problem

Well I just got my new 18" Milles installed two weeks ago...and as I am leaving the parking lot at Chili's today, I get a phone call. Now doing something I shouldn't be doing, I am talking while driving..and scrape my brand new front rim on the curb, leaving about 6" of scrape along the lip of the rim. I was f'in p***ed to say the least. Well, from reading this board, I knew it would cost at least $80 to get the rim fixed, or thats what people made it seem to be, so I knew it wasn't gonna be cheap. So I called tirerack.com, the place I got them, just to get the name of someone who could do the fix...and after talking for a few minutes, I ended up with a new rim being sent to me for 50% off!! so the new one only cost me $90. Man am I happy...the moral of the story:

1) Go to tirerack.com..their prices are fair, and they give great customer service.

2) Nissan should take a page out of their book when it comes to customer service.
Old 07-25-2002, 02:01 PM

Re: Rim Problem

Originally posted by mpc578
Well I just got my new 18" Milles installed two weeks ago...and as I am leaving the parking lot at Chili's today, I get a phone call. Now doing something I shouldn't be doing, I am talking while driving..and scrape my brand new front rim on the curb, leaving about 6" of scrape along the lip of the rim. I was f'in p***ed to say the least. Well, from reading this board, I knew it would cost at least $80 to get the rim fixed, or thats what people made it seem to be, so I knew it wasn't gonna be cheap. So I called tirerack.com, the place I got them, just to get the name of someone who could do the fix...and after talking for a few minutes, I ended up with a new rim being sent to me for 50% off!! so the new one only cost me $90. Man am I happy...the moral of the story:

1) Go to tirerack.com..their prices are fair, and they give great customer service.

2) Nissan should take a page out of their book when it comes to customer service.

yeah dude their customer service rocks! They shipped out two rims to me for free when some dumbass pounded in the hub centric ring upside down. Plus I live in Hawaii so shipping alone had to be quite a bit.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by mpc578

Cool
Old 07-26-2002, 08:13 AM

[i]the moral of the story:

2) Nissan should take a page out of their book when it comes to customer service. [/B]

3) Don't drive and talk on a cell phone at the same time