5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Is my Max....uh, freeze-proof?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2000, 07:47 PM

Today in St. Louis, we had a pretty healthy sleet storm. And while others scattered to the parking lot to find their cars frozen shut, I simply opened the door on my favorite car and started her up. I park way away from everyone else so there were no cars or building sheltering me, but the direction I was parked was the same direction as all the other ice ball cars. Who knows. All I did was get my max warmed up (love the heated seats!!!!!!!!!) while I helped others unstick their car. Not very many people got them unstuck very easily, but my max and I were some of the VERY few lucky ones!!! Just thought I'd share my story as some people are still trying to get home!!!!
Old 12-11-2000, 08:16 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

well, yes and no...

I'm in Little Rock and we had that horrible Ice storm.. same thing with my max.. however, those same vertical open door channels can also accept alot of water and refreeze. The ice will try to tweak the door, so dont let it sit in that upper door seal/channel.
Old 12-11-2000, 08:20 PM

Re: well, yes and no...

Originally posted by TimW
I'm in Little Rock and we had that horrible Ice storm.. same thing with my max.. however, those same vertical open door channels can also accept alot of water and refreeze. The ice will try to tweak the door, so dont let it sit in that upper door seal/channel.
Thanks for the info, Tim - i will watch out for that. That's what I love about this forum - somebody always has some good info!!
Old 12-12-2000, 04:20 AM

blackY2Kmax,

Question about your heated seats: Have you ever looked under the seat to see the electrical connections? Do you have two sets of wires under there: (1) one big black batch for the power seats (2) another feed for the heated seats?

I'm trying to determine if the heating elements are in all of the seats, it's just a matter of plugging them up. I have power seats but no side airbags.

Any help appreciated.
Old 12-12-2000, 05:56 AM

Originally posted by mdeal
blackY2Kmax,

Question about your heated seats: Have you ever looked under the seat to see the electrical connections? Do you have two sets of wires under there: (1) one big black batch for the power seats (2) another feed for the heated seats?

I'm trying to determine if the heating elements are in all of the seats, it's just a matter of plugging them up. I have power seats but no side airbags.

Any help appreciated.
I have never really paid attention, but I will look if I go out to lunch today and let you know.