5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Sells not jumpin' for Anniversary Max...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2000, 09:22 PM
Maxx Atlanta

I paid a visit to my salesperson today at Troncalli Nissan in Atlanta, today. Jim Myrick is the name, and he told me, flat out, that the anniversary max is not a hot seller that Nissan Corporate promised them. In fact since the last time I had my car serviced (3 1/2 weeks-last time we spoke) the dealership has only moved two cars. As we talked the truck was unloading 3 of them. A white, a blue, and a pretty candy apple dark reddish color. Went to look at the addenums an they read $31,750.00 on all three an that's before dealer make any additives. The way he talked about the car was not as favorable, compared to the sales of the other maximas. This, from a man that averages 35 sales per month.....hmmmmm!!! Maybe nissan needs to add some incentives in order to move more.
But, this is at a dealership that is known in Atlanta for having the highest sticker prices on any car, because rarily do they have models less than fully loaded in any trim level.

Old 12-12-2000, 09:45 PM
Maksama

Yeah, they're not moving in the Cleveland area either. Besides mine, I've only seen one other on the road and about 8 to 10 sitting on the local lots.

Old 12-13-2000, 05:59 AM

I got my max at Troncalli too. But, for $8000 more than my fully loaded SE....there better be more than 5 hp and some cosmetic changes.
Old 12-13-2000, 07:50 AM

the Nissan Dealership near me had only 2 there last time i went (like 3 weeks ago). one was black, i dont remember the other, may have been white...but i still have not seen any on the road yet.
Old 12-13-2000, 08:09 AM

I nearly got one the other day in exchange for my 2k auto se. It was Grey Luster 5spd with all the options. They were trying to convince me of how they just fly out of the dealership. It had 350+ miles on the odo. Not exactly flying if you ask me.
Old 12-13-2000, 08:38 AM

There were two fully loaded AEs at the dealer (Super Black and Grey Lustre) that I usually go to. Been there since it came in and nobody bought them yet. I was checking the grey lustre AE out and then some salesguy tried to come and talk to me. I left as soon as he opened the door. They're really desperate to get those out of their lot.

Old 12-13-2000, 09:02 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

They aren't selling in Kansas City either.

The AE Maxima is very nice, BUT it's way too expensive. The thing costs near 32K which puts it in the market of the IS300, 3 series BMW, ES300, and the I30. I know the Maxima is just as nice as any of these cars, but people are going to go after the higher status car like a Lexus or BMW. If they are going to spend 32K on a car, mostly likely they can easily afford 35K for a car.

If I was in the market for a Maxima, I'd get a white GXE with black interior (if that's possible), swap in my black Prelude seats out of my Maxima, do up the interior with pedals and shift ****, put some springs on, Koni's, paint my Kosei K1s white or anthracite, y-pipe, intake, b-pipe (when available), S-AFC, rear sway bar, strut tower braces, and front lip. Even with all these mods (which I can install myself), I'm got a better performing and much cleaner looking car FOR A LOT LESS MONEY. I think many people and dealerships think the 20th AE is gonna be some collectors car. I strongly doubt it. The Buick Grand National and 94-96 Impala SS are collectors car....not a 20th AE Maxima.

Dave
Old 12-13-2000, 02:18 PM

I live near Chicago, and drive in Chicago daily(Its my job). I have only seen one AE Max.
Old 12-13-2000, 02:20 PM
Wustylez

Originally posted by Dave B
They aren't selling in Kansas City either.

The AE Maxima is very nice, BUT it's way too expensive. The thing costs near 32K which puts it in the market of the IS300, 3 series BMW, ES300, and the I30. I know the Maxima is just as nice as any of these cars, but people are going to go after the higher status car like a Lexus or BMW. If they are going to spend 32K on a car, mostly likely they can easily afford 35K for a car.

If I was in the market for a Maxima, I'd get a white GXE with black interior (if that's possible), swap in my black Prelude seats out of my Maxima, do up the interior with pedals and shift ****, put some springs on, Koni's, paint my Kosei K1s white or anthracite, y-pipe, intake, b-pipe (when available), S-AFC, rear sway bar, strut tower braces, and front lip. Even with all these mods (which I can install myself), I'm got a better performing and much cleaner looking car FOR A LOT LESS MONEY. I think many people and dealerships think the 20th AE is gonna be some collectors car. I strongly doubt it. The Buick Grand National and 94-96 Impala SS are collectors car....not a 20th AE Maxima.

Dave

Yeah, i agree, if the AEs would have come out with Supercharger (280hp??????) like the Frontier, I would difinitely trade in my 2k Auto SE for the AE, but it didnt' happen,..too bad..Nissan has to learn.......

Old 12-13-2000, 04:25 PM

i haven't seen 1 ae here in scottsdale, arizona and around here, it is a daily thing to see ferrarris and lambo's...now here is my question

i have a 2k max se auto fully loaded w/ leater, bose, side airbags, everything...does anyone think that i could trade it in for a 2001 ae stick shift? i looked into trading it in for a 2000 stick since the day i bought it (i wanted a stick since day 1, but i wanted side airbags and that is a really rare combo...5 dealers around here couldn't locate 1)...while looking into it, i talked to a salesman and he said that even if they were able to find one, the fully loaded maxima sticks "fly" off the lots and he would not be able to mark the price down...first he said that he could probably work it out where they give me 23-24k for my tradein and they wanted the sticker of 29 for the new max...thats a 5-6k difference w/o adding in licensing, taxes etc...i didn't think it was worth it to trade in a more expensive car (autos are more expensive) for a less expensive car and have to pay $8000...that is the price he ballparked for me...i thought this was insane and left

since the ae max's aren't selling well, any chance i might be able to get one for a steal? i can put my car back to stock (take the filter out, pay $100 to get the springs taken out, and i can take all of the bulbs, my system, and other stuff out myself)...anyone here know what i would be looking to pay? i really want a 5spd and i have since day 1 but they are hard to find w/ the options i am looking for...my odometer just hit 11111 miles yesterday (tried to take a pic but the f*cking camera wouldn't work AHHHHHHHHGG!!!) anyways...it is fully loaded w/ leather, 11111 miles, side airbags, automatic, bose stereo...every option...sticker price is 29,100 i think...how much am i looking for a trade in? i don't mind if its not an ae max, i just want a stick but i am not willing to pay $8000 for one