5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Question for people who had the TCM and/or Blower replaced

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2000, 08:35 AM
nm

Hi, I recently went to the dealer and they are going to replace my TCM and Blower and I have a couple of questions for people who had this done:

1) I know the blower is behind the glove compartment, next to the cabin air filters, did anyone have problems with the air-filters being there when the blower was replaced?

2) Can anyone tell me where in the car the TCM is located and what has to be removed to get to it? Anyone have problems after this was done (new rattles)?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2000, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by nm
Hi, I recently went to the dealer and they are going to replace my TCM and Blower and I have a couple of questions for people who had this done:

1) I know the blower is behind the glove compartment, next to the cabin air filters, did anyone have problems with the air-filters being there when the blower was replaced?

2) Can anyone tell me where in the car the TCM is located and what has to be removed to get to it? Anyone have problems after this was done (new rattles)?

Thanks
I was told by someone on this site that the TCM is in the center console. It is about an hour job to replace it.

As far as the blower is concerned..I wasn't aware of any problems with blowers in the 2000 Maxima. Would you please let all of us know what this problem is with the blower? Is in only in certain models with auto climate control? Please let me know.
Old 12-13-2000, 09:25 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

the TCM is under the radio.. they remove the shifter bezel... quick deal... no rattles should start.

Actually, I never thought about the filters... My fan didnt start ticking until I put the filters in. I might have to remove them to see if the noise level drops..
Old 12-13-2000, 09:52 AM
nm

Originally posted by warrlocked

I was told by someone on this site that the TCM is in the center console. It is about an hour job to replace it.

As far as the blower is concerned..I wasn't aware of any problems with blowers in the 2000 Maxima. Would you please let all of us know what this problem is with the blower? Is in only in certain models with auto climate control? Please let me know. [/I]
There is a TSB out for the Blower - it makes a tiking sound when at low fan speed, there were a couple of threads about it a little while back.
Old 12-13-2000, 02:14 PM
Wustylez

Originally posted by nm
Originally posted by warrlocked

As far as the blower is concerned..I wasn't aware of any problems with blowers in the 2000 Maxima. Would you please let all of us know what this problem is with the blower? Is in only in certain models with auto climate control? Please let me know.
There is a TSB out for the Blower - it makes a tiking sound when at low fan speed, there were a couple of threads about it a little while back. [/I]

Can you post the TSB number, please..

Thanks

Old 12-13-2000, 03:15 PM
TX2KSE

https://maxima.org/forums/showthread...threadid=11376

Old 10-08-2003, 07:48 PM

Replaced Blower

I just replaced my blower on My 2000 Max (easy job- 10-15 minutes). The bearings in the electric motor were shot. I have an Auto climate car, and I've heard that its a common problem with the original blowers installed in these cars. The new blower is a factory part but looks different from the original. I think they have rectified the problem with a new part supplier. The original blower still worked, but made a loud groaning noise when first started in cool weather.