5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

big shout out to all the 60 yr old women here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002 | 05:26 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

big shout out to all the 60 yr old women here...

Man, I havent seen anyone under 40 driving a 5th gen in about 2 weeks. And I see tons of max's every day. Its getting depressing. My new hotness is starting to feel all old and busted, so to speak.

well, I guess like 80% of the max's are sold to 45+ group, so I guess thats to be expected.
Old 08-23-2002 | 06:04 PM

Re: big shout out to all the 60 yr old women here...

Originally posted by TimW
Man, I havent seen anyone under 40 driving a 5th gen in about 2 weeks. And I see tons of max's every day. Its getting depressing. My new hotness is starting to feel all old and busted, so to speak.

well, I guess like 80% of the max's are sold to 45+ group, so I guess thats to be expected.
Man, I was just noticing the same thing! It would be o.k. if they drove them fast! I see countless 5th gens at the dealership with one dirty tailpipe!
Old 08-23-2002 | 06:07 PM

Thats what iv been saying I dont know if its only in CALi or everywhere eles but I would say 1 in 25 5th gen. are driven buy older ppl. I have yet to pull up to a Max and have him or her gun it.
Old 08-23-2002 | 08:48 PM

Well, Just think about this. There was a time, when a young guy driving a 4 dr car like a Maxima was considered a MAMA's boy, sneaking out to party using daddy's car. Back in the day, if you wanted a cool car, you would be driving one of the pony to mid-size cars from from the big 3 (MOPAR GM and FORD's ruled the streets. Just something for you to think about, and how times have changed.
Old 08-23-2002 | 08:56 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by lcj2002se
Well, Just think about this. There was a time, when a young guy driving a 4 dr car like a Maxima was considered a MAMA's boy, sneaking out to party using daddy's car. Back in the day, if you wanted a cool car, you would be driving one of the pony to mid-size cars from from the big 3 (MOPAR GM and FORD's ruled the streets. Just something for you to think about, and how times have changed.
Maybe they haven't changed that much! MOPAR = Viper, GM = Corvette
and Ford = Mustang!!! These cars aren't all that slow!
Old 08-23-2002 | 09:02 PM

Just imagine what the age demographic will probably be for the 6th Gen. Supposed to be Toyota Avalon or Buick LeSabre like in size. I am sure that it will still have some sportiness left in it...but it probably will not appeal to very many people on this message board. The Altima really will be taking the Maxima's sports sedan title when the 6th Gen hits the streets.
Old 08-23-2002 | 10:26 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by warrlocked
Just imagine what the age demographic will probably be for the 6th Gen. Supposed to be Toyota Avalon or Buick LeSabre like in size. I am sure that it will still have some sportiness left in it...but it probably will not appeal to very many people on this message board. The Altima really will be taking the Maxima's sports sedan title when the 6th Gen hits the streets.
I'm not even 16 yet and I think Maximas are the poodle's noodles!
Of course, I'm not really your average teenage driver; and yes I have two dirty tailpipes... .
Old 08-23-2002 | 10:38 PM
Wat

Re: Re: big shout out to all the 60 yr old women here...

I also noticed this phenomenon, so I drive My 2k3 SE fast enough to compensate for them.
Old 08-24-2002 | 12:22 AM

$$$$$

I think it comes down to your financial status. Not a lot of people between the ages of 18-25 can afford a Max. And those that can usually purchase German cars like Passats because they don't know better, but we do!!!
Old 08-24-2002 | 12:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yea ive noticed that more 2k2/2k3/5th gen drivers are older.....and i just do the justice of proving maximas actually GO FAST!
Old 08-24-2002 | 12:28 AM

I had an old guy in a grey lustre gun it next to me on an onramp and a few 40somethings looking at the .org sticker...most younger ppl drive 4th gens if a Maxima at all..
Old 08-24-2002 | 12:35 AM

well.......i get a 2k2 in september......but it would be my mom's x.........she's over 45...
Old 08-24-2002 | 03:54 AM

So - I'm 53, second Max, I drive quite briskly though I am old enough to know how utterly stupid street racing is, my left front tire is only going to last 25% the life of the rest. It is nice to be nearly invisible to Cops (Sunlit Sand)! I can also say a lot of those 40+ women drivers look very, very good to me.
Old 08-24-2002 | 06:15 AM

Originally posted by wdave
So - I'm 53, second Max, I drive quite briskly though I am old enough to know how utterly stupid street racing is, my left front tire is only going to last 25% the life of the rest. It is nice to be nearly invisible to Cops (Sunlit Sand)! I can also say a lot of those 40+ women drivers look very, very good to me.

You are no longer a "dirty old man in training" you are now a "full fledged dirty old man", welcome to the club!
Old 08-24-2002 | 08:05 AM

Originally posted by karguy

You are no longer a "dirty old man in training" you are now a "full fledged dirty old man", welcome to the club!
Old 08-24-2002 | 10:39 AM

I can also say a lot of those 40+ women drivers look very, very good to me.
haha, good one.. Well, being 33 myself, I never said those 40 year old women drivers werent hot actually, now that you mention it, its not really all blue-hair grandmothers driving the max.

I certainly doesnt bother me from the perspective of who drives the car, I knew the demographic when I bought it, but as far as modding it or feeling like you have something 'sporty' - its alittle deflating.
Old 08-24-2002 | 11:17 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

but as far as modding it or feeling like you have something 'sporty' - its alittle deflating.
you have an autotragic
Old 08-24-2002 | 12:32 PM

my car gets 90% city. dont want a popeye arm.
Old 08-24-2002 | 01:38 PM

my car gets 90% city. dont want a popeye arm.
Oh man, you make it too easy. I could say something but I don't want to get banned.
Old 08-24-2002 | 06:30 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by ru4real

Oh man, you make it too easy. I could say something but I don't want to get banned.
hahaha I get it....
I have realised that only blond teenage girls drive cool cars in my area...so striking up spirited stop light drags are nearly impossible.
And I had a 40 year "young" "chick" checkin' out my clear sides the other day....She said they looked pretty...
In Pretty little Maxima,
Jeff Catt
Old 08-24-2002 | 07:18 PM

average age of the owners of such cars as corvettes and porshce 911 is like 45, 50 too. That doesnt mean the cars they drive are not fit for young people.

Maxima is AFFORDABLE, but it is not cheap. You not gonna see too many young ppl driving 2k2 maximas. That all means one thing. More power to us!!
Old 08-25-2002 | 10:38 AM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

i'm 25 and i have noticed the same thing. i live in syracuse, ny and i rarely see any one with customized maxes, from the simple clear corners, to the body kits or even just a set of wheels. i have a neighbor that is in the same age range and has an se and he barely gives a second look at my 2kse with 18's and springs. i have thought of making out maxima.org business cards and sticking them in the window track on the drivers door. i figure that if i invite some of the fellow max owners to the site, mod fever may spread? i guess i get lonely that i have one of the few modified (only slightly) maxes in this area! everyone shed a tear for me, or just come up and visit for the state fair this week! anyone interested in meeting up here email me...wschorer@twcny.rr.com we can meet up at any number of places depending on the interest.
Old 08-25-2002 | 12:26 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

the average age is like 43 yrs old the last time I checked.
Old 08-25-2002 | 12:39 PM

Well - if older and Max is bad ...

then color me guilty.

I got my first max ('90) at 29 yrs old.
I'm now on my 3rd (2K2) and I just turned 41 2 weeks ago.
If you think the older drivers are like grandpa lets go to the track ... I'll bring my cane and some tissues for you.

Seriously,
I think what you drive says a lot about what the value set you have.
I WANT a comfortable car that can pass most cars on the road (especially the ricers) AND can cruise comfortably for 400 miles AND carry 3 other people w/o them chewing on their knees.
The Maxima does that for me - and it's affordable without paying $500 for every service like the nice Europeans.

Just my 2/100.

Shaydz
Old 08-25-2002 | 03:39 PM

Hey you guys have got it backwards! What are you kids doing modding and driving "our" car. There may be snow on the roof or in some cases nothing on the roof but the heart and soul of a teen ager is inside.
Old 08-25-2002 | 03:59 PM

Re: Re: big shout out to all the 60 yr old women here...

Originally posted by karguy

Hey you guys have got it backwards! What are you kids doing modding and driving "our" car. There may be snow on the roof or in some cases nothing on the roof but the heart and soul of a teen ager is inside.
You mean "snow on the roof but still a fire in the furnace" (or is that gas?...). hehehe

No snow yet, I'll probably have a slick roof before snow anyway.

Shaydz
Old 08-25-2002 | 04:57 PM

exactly

Well look on the bright side. At least the 50 year old people aren't buying camrys. The owner of "my" car is my dad and he's 49. I am only 16 but I enjoy driving it. The thing that sucks is that my parents won't let me add any aftermarket parts to it except clear corners. When I get my car it's either going to be another Maxima (not the 6th gen..too cadillac large) or a Subaru WRX if I can ever make the payments. If not, I will drive my parents car.
Old 08-25-2002 | 05:34 PM

Re: exactly

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
Well look on the bright side. At least the 50 year old people aren't buying camrys. The owner of "my" car is my dad and he's 49. I am only 16 but I enjoy driving it. The thing that sucks is that my parents won't let me add any aftermarket parts to it except clear corners. When I get my car it's either going to be another Maxima (not the 6th gen..too cadillac large) or a Subaru WRX if I can ever make the payments. If not, I will drive my parents car.
good for you...u remind me of me
Old 08-25-2002 | 07:45 PM

So - I'm 53, second Max, I drive quite briskly though I am old enough to know how utterly stupid street racing is... I can also say a lot of those 40+ women drivers look very, very good to me.
Hey, Hey - I'm another 40-something Max driver (y'know, the target demo!), and car & racing fanatic. I grew up with Mopar muscle cars, fat, sassy and loud (340 Duster, 383 Magnum Super Bee). I'm also a former paramedic who has scraped too many street rodders off the pavement/road abuttments, often along with innocent nearby drivers & families who got whacked. Have fun, just be cool

Oh yeah, I agree, there's plenty of classy 40s+ ladies on the road - my wife looks great in the Max

Rock & Roll-
Old 08-25-2002 | 09:43 PM

im 18, and i drive my car fast. every1 at my college laughs at me until i press the pedal down and they fly back in the seat. however, no ricer will race me, i try to all the time. the only 5th gen ive seen dirven fast was 1 going about 120 when i was going 110. i was proud.
Old 08-26-2002 | 06:52 AM

I know exactly what you guys are talking about. I'll be driving down the road and I'll see at 2k2 and get all excited.
Then I pull up next to the car and the driver is a middle aged man or woman motoring along.

and I think to myself,

"she doesn't know....she just doesn't KNOW!!"
Old 08-26-2002 | 07:24 AM

On a related note, I saw a 60+ year old woman driving a pimped out sentra, with those painted plastic wheel covers from an auto parts shop, like she stole it the other day. Nearly made me wet my pants.
Old 08-28-2002 | 06:55 PM
Maxima06071

Re: exactly

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
Dude I'm in the same boat, we're leasing the car(maxima) right now and we're getting pretty sick of the $450 a month payments.
So I've been convincing my pop to help me out by getting me started on the payments for a WRX....I'm getting a job at Publix! ;I'm gonna miss the max(if we do cut it loose), but I'm sure the WRX(or LanEVO) will make me just as happy.
Oh course I'm only 15 and I should just accept whatever I get...nawww
Not OLD and smelly,
Jeff Catt
Old 08-29-2002 | 08:49 AM

I heard the 2004 Maxima will have a GE (Geriatric Edition) model. It will include:

A false teeth holder.
A cane storage bin between the front seats.
A 90 hp 4 cylinder engine so us old people won't get whiplash when accelerating.
Waterproof seats for those with poor bladder control.
Radio and heater controls with extra large lettering.
Rubber bumpers.
A CD player that only plays Lawrence Welk, with a Percy Faith option.
Keys that beep and glow in the dark so they can be found.
Turn signals that turn off automatically whenever they blink for more than 20 minutes.

Perhaps then kids in their SE's won't be so offended by older Maxima drivers.
Old 08-29-2002 | 08:59 AM

Originally posted by Magellan
I heard the 2004 Maxima will have a GE (Geriatric Edition) model. It will include:

A false teeth holder.
A 90 hp 4 cylinder engine so us old people won't get whiplash when accelerating.
Rubber bumpers.
Turn signals that turn off automatically whenever they blink for more than 20 minutes.

Don't forget the bi-focal lenses over the gauges, grecian fomula / metamucil dispenser (your choice), and inflatable hemmaroid donut (works like an airbag but when someone sits down - tied to the automatic seat adjustment).
Old 08-29-2002 | 09:35 AM
OG and counting...

Considering I am knocking on 40 (well, 6 years shy of it), I can actually say you are as old as you feel.
Old 08-29-2002 | 09:47 AM

Originally posted by Magellan

A false teeth holder.
Rubber bumpers.

Don't forget the free lifetime supply of "Ooops, I crapped my pants" adult diapers
Old 08-29-2002 | 09:48 AM

Re: Re: exactly

Originally posted by Maxima06071
Dude I'm in the same boat, we're leasing the car(maxima) right now and we're getting pretty sick of the $450 a month payments.
So I've been convincing my pop to help me out by getting me started on the payments for a WRX....I'm getting a job at Publix! ;I'm gonna miss the max(if we do cut it loose), but I'm sure the WRX(or LanEVO) will make me just as happy.
Oh course I'm only 15 and I should just accept whatever I get...nawww
Not OLD and smelly,
Jeff Catt
$450 a month for LEASE? I thought leasing was supposed to be cheaper?

And don't expect the EVO to be cheaper, you're probably looking at a $30k car to start. Much more than the WRX, or the WRX STi.
Old 08-29-2002 | 10:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: exactly

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
[B]

$450/mo is what I pay to own, you're getting robbed if you pay that for a lease.
Old 08-29-2002 | 06:11 PM
Maxima06071

Re: Re: Re: Re: exactly

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MaximaDisciple
[B]
Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT

$450/mo is what I pay to own, you're getting robbed if you pay that for a lease.
Really damn I'm getting hosed!
I'm thinkin' used for both the WRX/STi and the EVO. So I'm hopeing that if I can't get either car for my budget(which is pretty sad.) I will find a cheap 97' 240sx to tide me over till I get the cash flow to attain my 4WD Beast.

Quick Reply: big shout out to all the 60 yr old women here...