5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Question?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 08:05 AM

Question?!?!?!

Hi,

Is there a company that makes an aftermarket MAF Sensor? I know that if there was everyone would probably have one instead of the injury prone stock Nissan MAF sensor. I thought I would take shot and ask anyhow.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:24 AM

i'm not sure if you mean the sensor itself or if you're talking about the housing. i know there's an intake manufacturer who's making intakes for the 2k2 and it incorporates a new housing. just move the stock sensor from the oem housing to the new one.
the intake piping replaces everything from the manifold out. so gone are the accordian section, stock maf housing, and stock intake.
i asked about a 2k-2k1 model and they don't have one yet, but are in the process of developing one due to the number of inquiries. i'm really looking forward to this one cuz i too have cracked my injury prone maf.
having said that, i can't remember the name of the company to save my life. maybe someone else here knows, but i can't remember.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:28 AM
Very sound, Mike

I'm sure he's talking about the Sensor itself since that's the one that keeps malfunctioning.

I'm curious as to the answer as well.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:30 AM

Thanks for the replies!

I am talking about the sensor itself. I over oiled my K&N and screwed up my MAF (at least I think) , after cleaning all of the oil and replacing stock filter it seems to be running 90% better but still hesitates around 4000 RPM in pretty much every gear (2k2 6 sp.).

I figured if I am going to put the Injen CAI on I might as well replace the MAF sensor to ensure it is a good one. I emailed Courtesy and waiting for a price quote.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:34 AM
Very sound, Mike

Hmm, if it's hesitating at 4k+ rpm then it's just the intake runners. If your MAF was truly malfunctioning you couldn't even get past 2.5k rpm.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by soundmike
Hmm, if it's hesitating at 4k+ rpm then it's just the intake runners. If your MAF was truly malfunctioning you couldn't even get past 2.5k rpm.
Here is what it does exactly: First gear is smooth up to about 4000 RPM then it seems to hesitate and buck (not a lot but I definitely notice it), shift to second with no problem and hit 4000 RPM and same thing etc. etc.

Also, I noticed before I had the problem that if I was in second gear taking a turn at a low speed it was smooth with no bucking, now I seem to get more bucking when turing in second gear. What do you think?
Old 09-06-2002, 04:54 PM

Re: Question?!?!?!

Originally posted by 2k2majblue
Hi,

Is there a company that makes an aftermarket MAF Sensor? I know that if there was everyone would probably have one instead of the injury prone stock Nissan MAF sensor. I thought I would take shot and ask anyhow.

Thanks in advance.
I think the intake you are talking about is the one from Firm Fabrications, it has the housing for the MAF built in it and looks great. I was thinking of getting one but don't want to be one of the first to get it....I know I'm a chicken. Hope this helps
Old 09-08-2002, 05:41 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Re: Re: Question?!?!?!

Originally posted by mdmartin92

I think the intake you are talking about is the one from Firm Fabrications, it has the housing for the MAF built in it and looks great. I was thinking of getting one but don't want to be one of the first to get it....I know I'm a chicken. Hope this helps
Yeah, I saw the one from Firm Fabrications on their website and was wondering if anyone has purchesed/installed it. They seem to think their design will reduce/eliminate any MAF problems. It would be great if it did. I, too, am a bit reluctant to get one without any feedback as to how well it works...Anybody have any experience with them???