5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxima Aluminium bolt-holder

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 08:21 AM

Maxima Aluminium bolt-holder

As requested, I designed and got some pricing for an aluminium bolt holder similar to the Neuspeed design. Pics of design can be seen at the following page.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=233353&page=6

I sized it width wise to match the width of the plastic piece onto which the license plate sits at the front of the car. Bolt holes are also located to line up the top edge of the bolt holder with this plastic piece.

Holes are counterbored to recess the bolt head.

Finish will be clear anodize with a UV protective clear coat. Price is $37 US each, plus shipping, for a qty of 10. The best bet is do to do a group buy to get this price. Higher quantities will drive the price down. I can do orders of one or two, but I will have to update the pricing.

Anyone who is interested, please email me at eric2k2max@hotmail.com and I will set up an order.

A second thought on this is to do a piece which matches the entire size of the plastic piece on which the plate sits. Be a bit more expensive but might look nicer.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:31 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Re: Maxima Aluminium bolt-holder

Originally posted by Eric
As requested, I designed and got some pricing for an aluminium bolt holder similar to the Neuspeed design. Pics of design can be seen at the following page.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=233353&page=6

I sized it width wise to match the width of the plastic piece onto which the license plate sits at the front of the car. Bolt holes are also located to line up the top edge of the bolt holder with this plastic piece.

Holes are counterbored to recess the bolt head.

Finish will be clear anodize with a UV protective clear coat. Price is $37 US each, plus shipping, for a qty of 10. The best bet is do to do a group buy to get this price. Higher quantities will drive the price down. I can do orders of one or two, but I will have to update the pricing.

Anyone who is interested, please email me at eric2k2max@hotmail.com and I will set up an order.

A second thought on this is to do a piece which matches the entire size of the plastic piece on which the plate sits. Be a bit more expensive but might look nicer.
$37? eek! Kinda high for me... I was thinking that even $24.00 was steep....... But I'd still consider it.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:36 AM

Re: Re: Maxima Aluminium bolt-holder

I'm still waiting for a second quote, but I don't expect it to be much less. The issue is that I'm not making 1000's of these things, so the set-up cost is spread out over only 10 instead of 100 or a 1000. Let me know either way...

Originally posted by asu174

$37? eek! Kinda high for me... I was thinking that even $24.00 was steep....... But I'd still consider it.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:47 AM
Very sound, Mike

Any chance the font could be changed to something sleeker? That almost looks like Times New Roman to me.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:28 AM

Yes, the font could be changed.

Originally posted by soundmike
Any chance the font could be changed to something sleeker? That almost looks like Times New Roman to me.