5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

MAX was 4-0 for the night

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 10:36 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

MAX was 4-0 for the night

Big night for my Max today, went on the highway once and caught 4 races.

First as soon as I get onto 1-9, I speed up quickly and suddenly i see a BMW behind me, 3 series, older body(97 or so).He tailgates me I move over when I see space, he floors it at 60, I punch my third and by 100 I have about 5-6 cars on him.

Right after the BMW another BMW comes up behind me, I let him go in front so I can see what kind it was, it was a red M3, older gen, 97 or so.

So he starts to throw his car around in traffic and I follow, then we took off at about 50,I was 2 cars behind him or so, redlined my second, shifted to 3rd without gaining or losing any distance from him, than when my fourth went in, I started gaining on him a bit, by 120 I was about 1/2 a car behind him. Than after that there was a long curve and he suddenly started slowing down before the curve and I flew by him on the curve, than another straightaway and I kept smoking him.I talked to him after, he was pretty cool, it was a 98 M3, stock, he was alone too, I had 2 people with me.He was very surprised, he told me someone told him the new maximas were fast, but he never thought they could hang with him.I told him I was surprised too.

Than I made a U-Turn and as I am making it I see this 4th Gen Maxima and a old Jetta, GLI 16V, the Jetta most likely had work since everyone around here has work on their Volkswagens, intake and exhaust for sure.But I was stuck at the red light, and had to wait around a minute more until take off, and they had already taken off, So I flew through 1-9 North at 120 until I came up to them at a construction area. I came up next to the Jetta and the girl in the passenger seat waved bye to me, like they were gonna smoke me, he took off with the 4th Gen in front of him on the left lane, I took off on the right lane, and by 100 I was in front of both of them with about 10 on them.

The 4th gen Max was an automatic, and it was a 20 or so year old driving it, she was ugly, too bad...:-)

That was it for the night, I was just happy that the Max can hang with an M3, next time I race one I won't go into it thinking I'm going to get smoked..:-)

I have a 2k2 6spd by the way.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You aint win the race against the M3 if he "suddenly" decided to slow down.

Dixit
Old 09-01-2002, 03:12 AM

Re: MAX was 4-0 for the night

Originally posted by GuZo
Big night for my Max today, went on the highway once and caught 4 races.

First as soon as I get onto 1-9, I speed up quickly and suddenly i see a BMW behind me, 3 series, older body(97 or so).He tailgates me I move over when I see space, he floors it at 60, I punch my third and by 100 I have about 5-6 cars on him.

Right after the BMW another BMW comes up behind me, I let him go in front so I can see what kind it was, it was a red M3, older gen, 97 or so.

So he starts to throw his car around in traffic and I follow, then we took off at about 50,I was 2 cars behind him or so, redlined my second, shifted to 3rd without gaining or losing any distance from him, than when my fourth went in, I started gaining on him a bit, by 120 I was about 1/2 a car behind him. Than after that there was a long curve and he suddenly started slowing down before the curve and I flew by him on the curve, than another straightaway and I kept smoking him.I talked to him after, he was pretty cool, it was a 98 M3, stock, he was alone too, I had 2 people with me.He was very surprised, he told me someone told him the new maximas were fast, but he never thought they could hang with him.I told him I was surprised too.

Than I made a U-Turn and as I am making it I see this 4th Gen Maxima and a old Jetta, GLI 16V, the Jetta most likely had work since everyone around here has work on their Volkswagens, intake and exhaust for sure.But I was stuck at the red light, and had to wait around a minute more until take off, and they had already taken off, So I flew through 1-9 North at 120 until I came up to them at a construction area. I came up next to the Jetta and the girl in the passenger seat waved bye to me, like they were gonna smoke me, he took off with the 4th Gen in front of him on the left lane, I took off on the right lane, and by 100 I was in front of both of them with about 10 on them.

The 4th gen Max was an automatic, and it was a 20 or so year old driving it, she was ugly, too bad...:-)

That was it for the night, I was just happy that the Max can hang with an M3, next time I race one I won't go into it thinking I'm going to get smoked..:-)

I have a 2k2 6spd by the way.
Dude your max is fast but think hard.... do your really think you can beat an M3 E36 stock. they are about the same horse power with yours and their 0-60 is much quicker... Maybe a 330 you can hang but i am sorry. i dont think you can hang with an M3 E36.. i think all you see is his tail light.... The guy in the M3 is just cautious while you are just reckless....

Oh and yes we all know your 6 speed can beat an 4th gen.. of whom is a girl... and a jetta... what you try to prove except how much gas can you empty quickly....
Old 09-01-2002, 03:20 AM

Oh and anyone who is doing 120MPH on a highway is not just RECKLESS but CRAZY and STUPID!!!

if you want to race especially that speed, dude go to the track... at that speed if you crash which i will think soon... you wont see your max or your life... you only 19... Dont be a IDIOT...
Old 09-01-2002, 04:42 AM

Re: Re: MAX was 4-0 for the night

yeah, even the 240 hp m3's are quicker than our cars. bmw's hp ratings are misleading...why do you think a 255 hp max, and a 225 hp 330 is considered a really good match?

Originally posted by jcphamer

Dude your max is fast but think hard.... do your really think you can beat an M3 E36 stock. they are about the same horse power with yours and their 0-60 is much quicker... Maybe a 330 you can hang but i am sorry. i dont think you can hang with an M3 E36.. i think all you see is his tail light.... The guy in the M3 is just cautious while you are just reckless....

Oh and yes we all know your 6 speed can beat an 4th gen.. of whom is a girl... and a jetta... what you try to prove except how much gas can you empty quickly....
Old 09-01-2002, 07:45 AM

You and your license will not survive long at that rate. For your sake I hope it is your license that goes first.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:40 AM

OK, you guys can say what you want, the fact was my 4th started creeping on him.and he slowed down too much for the curve while I took it comfortably with no problem.

I drove for 120 for about 3 minutes to catch up to them, while I was catching up to them there was not one single car on the highway, So I was only endangering myself.

By the way, has anyone on the board raced an E36 M3 besides me?

That's why I hate the Internet, no matter how descriptive you are it's hard for people to picture the situation, if any of you guys were in my car, you wouldn't be scared at all.There were no tight dips between lanes, just straightaway fun with a couple of soft curves.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:02 AM

OK, you guys can say what you want, the fact was my 4th started creeping on him.and he slowed down too much for the curve while I took it comfortably with no problem.

I drove for 120 for about 3 minutes to catch up to them, while I was catching up to them there was not one single car on the highway, So I was only endangering myself.

By the way, has anyone on the board raced an E36 M3 besides me?

That's why I hate the Internet, no matter how descriptive you are it's hard for people to picture the situation, if any of you guys were in my car, you wouldn't be scared at all.There were no tight dips between lanes, just straightaway fun with a couple of soft curves.
Ok Guzo,

you are so BAD *** in your NEW 2k2 that your parents bought for you ..... have you ever driven an M3 E36.. I dont think you can out handle it.... You are just stupid taking a curve at a high speed....How many years of experience have you been driving???? The guy in the M3 is just not as DUMB as you. and he doesn't really care if he win or lose in that curve... TO lose his life... Unfortunately YOU ARE>>>>> ASK anyone in this forum... You MUST BE ON CRACK !! IF you think you can beat, smoke, or out handle a M3... 1997...

Old 09-01-2002, 09:15 AM

Ok Guzo,

you are so BAD *** in your NEW 2k2 that your parents bought for you ..... have you ever driven an M3 E36.. I dont think you can out handle it.... You are just stupid taking a curve at a high speed....How many years of experience have you been driving???? The guy in the M3 is just not as DUMB as you. and he doesn't really care if he win or lose in that curve... TO lose his life... Unfortunately YOU ARE>>>>> ASK anyone in this forum... You MUST BE ON CRACK !! IF you think you can beat, smoke, or out handle a M3... 1997...

OH Guzo,

you said you are not endangering anyone but yourself... when you talk shiet like that, think again... YOU SAID YOU HAVE 2 PEOPLE IN YOUR CAR.... I feel sorry for them... how are you going to explain their death to their parents if you miss that curve.????
better yet how is your parents going to explain that Since you are DEAD TOO>

YEAH next thing you will POST "2k2 with idiot takes on Z06 at 130 mph and smoke him;..... "

I think the only thing frying is your BRAIN.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:21 AM

OK, I agree with you guys, you got me, I will be looking forward to see your kills posts and see what I can contradict on your posts.Happy Posting!
Old 09-01-2002, 09:21 AM
Administrator

give GuZo a f#cking break.. i drive at 130+ mph .. so what.. and an E36 M3 runs mid 14's.. a 2k2 6spd runs low 14's.. you do the math..
Old 09-01-2002, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
give GuZo a f#cking break.. i drive at 130+ mph .. so what.. and an E36 M3 runs mid 14's.. a 2k2 6spd runs low 14's.. you do the math..
sprintmax..... DONT TELL ME YOU ARE THE IDIOT IN THE CAR WITH HIM....

AND YOU DO THE MATH.... WE ARE NOT TALKING QUARTER MILE.... WE ARE TALKING STUPID....
Old 09-01-2002, 09:27 AM

sprintmax..... DONT TELL ME YOU ARE THE IDIOT IN THE CAR WITH HIM....

AND YOU DO THE MATH.... WE ARE NOT TALKING QUARTER MILE.... WE ARE TALKING STUPID....
LOOK AT Guzo post, do you think he is a smart guy going in the car with 2 people at 120mph and taking curves faster than a car can...

he post thing up saying all he cares about is winning 4-0.... not the people in his car....

do you really think a 2k2 can beat an M3... DO your study or MATH...

He just wants to show off his new car that mommy bought...Wow what is the BIG deal about beating a 4th gen MAX with a girl DRIVER>>>>> that shows you got no *****>
Old 09-01-2002, 09:39 AM

jcphammer, if you're in the jersey area, i'll show you a couple of tricks.

I know girls who will most likely smoke you on the highway.

My Max wasn't offered to me.I paid for it.I made a couple of decisions when I was 17 and invested my money with my brother, and he almost doubled.

Thank you SprintMax. For a second I thought everyone on the board had just decided to quit messing around on the street and all came down on me, but than again, it was only one guy who has nothing else better to do than come down on my case.JCP, have you noticed how many times you replied to my post?If you open your house door and get out, there just might be a chance you can get laid in the next 10 years.

By the way, did you ever hear of something called an automatic M3?
Old 09-01-2002, 09:49 AM

Do you really think you can get laid beating a 4th gen max... Messing around> is that what you call stupidity....??? YOu think your 2k2 max is the best... looking for trouble... Do you like picking fights with GIrls ??? I dont think you even have *****...oh and excused me... you bought your car... great.. I just want to see how long you have it... going 120 mph 3min long... endangering lives...

Yeah LUcky for me i dont live in the JErsey area... and not going outside to get laid... Because i dont want to see some MANIAC Idiot KID driving 120 just to BEAT MY MAX>>>> GET A LIFE KID>>> if you dont want your life.. Give it to the DEVIL>>>> CRASH YOUR MAX AT 120 mph and Burn your body with your MAX>
Old 09-01-2002, 10:04 AM

Do you really think you can get laid beating a 4th gen max... Messing around> is that what you call stupidity....??? YOu think your 2k2 max is the best... looking for trouble... Do you like picking fights with GIrls ??? I dont think you even have *****...oh and excused me... you bought your car... great.. I just want to see how long you have it... going 120 mph 3min long... endangering lives...

Woah dude...who ****ed in your cornflakes? Take it easy. Obviously the m3 was going 120 too...now I don't agree with this, but I wasn't there, so I won't judge either.

As for the 2k2 vs an older m3, I've looked at all the #'s and yes, the 2k2 should be fine hanging with one, especially if it's an auto (the m3). Besides, you're talking about a 5 year old car with x amount of miles. Don't be so harsh.

There are better ways to prove your point than to fly off the handle.
I guess you've never driven over 65mph?
Old 09-01-2002, 10:21 AM

ok i will laid off the KID...

Becuase i dont really care what he does... But next time you post dont exaggerate to much...

saying you have 2 people in the car and you pull on an M3 ?? going 120 for 3 minutes... I didn't know AMerica have autobahn../???
Old 09-01-2002, 10:24 AM

Anyone from my area will tell you it's possible on that stretch of road, because that's where everyone goes to max their cars out, 1-9 north from the lights in elizabeth all the way up to the skyway.There's only about 1/2 mile in the middle where u have to slow down.

And I did pull on that M3 on the straightaway and passed him on the curve.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:36 AM

I have seen three E36 M3's run at the track and the fastest one ran a 14.3 et with intake and exhaust. It has been documented that 2k2 6-spds can run low 14s as well. I can't see where it's unreasonable to think a 2k2 can hang with an E36 M3.

M3's are great cars but they are not invincible. You could even say that you have a small chance of beating a E46 M3 if the motor can stay together.

http://www.mfailure.com

Racing at that speed with so many lives at stake is questionable. But how many of us always made the right decisions when we were 19 or 20 years old?
Old 09-01-2002, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by speedtrip
M3's are great cars but they are not invincible. You could even say that you have a small chance of beating a E46 M3 if the motor can stay together.
Here's the update M3 engine failures.

Engine failures
Old 09-01-2002, 11:07 AM

Anyone from my area will tell you it's possible on that stretch of road, because that's where everyone goes to max their cars out, 1-9 north from the lights in elizabeth all the way up to the skyway.There's only about 1/2 mile in the middle where u have to slow down.

And I did pull on that M3 on the straightaway and passed him on the curve.
i've only done 120mph on that section twice it's pretty open but the elizabeth and linden cops know that spot too ,i'm from roselle.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah LUcky for me i dont live in the JErsey area... and not going outside to get laid... Because i dont want to see some MANIAC Idiot KID driving 120 just to BEAT MY MAX>>>> GET A LIFE KID>>> if you dont want your life.. Give it to the DEVIL>>>> CRASH YOUR MAX AT 120 mph and Burn your body with your MAX>
My God...all this could have been avoided if he just didn't mention how fast he was going. It seems everyone flames people who talk about going over the speed limit..Learn your lesson and don't mention excessive speeds.
Old 09-01-2002, 04:05 PM

I have been reading this forum a lot for a while, but i didn't use to post. When the 2000 Maxima didn't have the stock power to go against the E46 330, and E36 M3, you guys were cool with the stories because noone would ever post that they won. Now that the 2k2+ Maxima is putting that much power and the car's weight is unchanged and gearing made better, people are now able to compete with much faster cars that the 2000 used to. IT'S A FACT. Now why is it so hard to believe? Because the car is heavy? I don't understand why you guys are now so quick to jump to the B.S. flag. From what i noticed, the people who don't own the 2k2 maxima jump to the B.S. flag, and the people who do own one know what it's capable of and are reasonable. The people who really go to tracks, and race cars from time to time also recognize the capability of the car.
Nissan would not have made the Maxima able to get to 140+mph in straight aways if the car couldn't do it somewhat safely. The environment would affect a lot of things, but why do you believe that if you thought about it, that the driver didn't think about it.

Guzo took his car to 120mph to catch up to some more fun. OK big deal. It wasn't the safest thing to do, but OK. I drive 80mph average to everyday. Sometimes i go 90mph. So do most people on this forum i'm sure, but you don't hear about it. It's just as dangerous. He mentionned the girl in the 4th Gen max because she was ugly, not because she was driving. I don't care if it's a woman driving, there are a lot of them who can also drive. If she's trying to race, and i'm in the mood, i'll also punch it. The 2 people in the car weren't scared otherwise they would have got on his case about doing so if it was dangerous. I never ride with someone that i know can't drive and is always making dangerous decisions at the wheels. NEVER. Most people are the same. I'd rather drive before i do.

JCPHAMER this is the 2nd or 3rd post i see where you post a comment and all it does is cause some unecessary heated replies. You can get your point across, whether to contradict a post or not, but it doesn't have to be the way you do it. When you post something and call someone else stupid, at least make sure that how you do so shows that your are intelligent yourself. A truly intelligent person never calls someone else stupid. Research that and you'll see that it's true. Someone who refers to name-calling is is one of the worst kind of person there is. When you have a conversation with someone, the worst thing you can do is attack the other party personally, instead of his comment. By reading your posts, it only tells me that you don't know how to type (perhaps other things), you don't know how to get your point across, and you have a very BORING life. I have nothing against you, i don't know you, and it doesn't matter but, you're only creating a bad reputation for yourself. Do you own a 2k2 Maxima or a BMW 3series? If not, then you can't say that what happened was wrong when everyone who owns them tell you that it's easily achievable.
I'm a great driver and i can admit it. Now i've driven a 2k2 Maxima hard, and i've driven a E46 330 hard as well. I tell you, the 330 is harder to drive than the Maxima. You have to be perfect in order to keep up with a Maxima provided the person in the Maxima is a decent driver and don't make mistakes. Now i'm using the 330 as an example because its as fast, if not faster, than the E36 M3. When it comes to highway races, the driver doesn't matter. It's all about the car. By seeing the power of the M3, and the low 0-60mph times, but somewhat high 1/4mile time with such a low 0-60mph time tells me that the car isn't as good at the top end of races. (High speed races). Look at the stock Audi S4. It is very fast 0-60, but look at the 1/4mile. All wheel drive. Does that mean that the maxima can't beat it on a highway race? How about the WRX? Now everyone knows that the Maxima has a good low end, and a very good Top end. That's where the Maxima's true power will show; on a highway race. Do you know of the about the supras? They are not as good off the launch compared to most cars that go against them, but try racing them from a roll. It'll show you something that magazine numbers don't show. Hell try going from 5mph. The Maxima is somewhat like it.
Please quit using magazine times as reference. Use people's experiences and go from there. And QUIT insulting people's intelligence. It only makes you the lower person.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:29 PM

max vs bmw

sorcereur,
you make several fine points, however, after driving a BMW 330i hard, I am extremely suprised that you found it harder to drive than the maxima. My experience has been completely opposite, as my previous car was an E46 3-series with the sports package. I now have a 6-speed 2002 maxima and find that it performs very proficiently in a straight line, but when pushed hard into corners, and especially when exiting under full throttle that the max gets a bit twitchy (despite HLSD). I still feel that under dry circumstances, rear wheel drive is always preferable to front wheel drive, and the 3-series should definetly have an advantage here. As far as the M3 vs Max debate, it would take one hell of a driver to keep up with an manual M3 on track. The power to weight ratio may be similar but the suspension/braking setup ot the M3 is superior, not too mention a 50:50 fore to aft weight distribution. The inherent value of a quick suspension and powerful brakes are often overlooked in favor of increased horsepower, but easy tweeks to both of these will post dramatic gains at a track often superior to that achieved by our beloved bolt-ons. The max is a great car, I love the added room and the low end torque, but its not a track car. The M3 was designed more for this purpose, which is explained by its hefty price increase. As far as doing 120 on the interstate, it is stupid, no way around it. During my few months of emergency medicine/trauma surgery of 4th year medical school I saw so many people come in dead due to these type of incidents that it is hard to make a case for it being anything other than a bad move. Its also sad to note that many time the people who end up dead were not the ones driving excessively. It only takes one blown tire at 120mph and a maxima with 3 other passengers goes a rolling. You won't walk away froom that. But as I'm doing a residency in orthopaedic surgery, feel free to do it, I'll throw a rod down each one of those busted femurs, slap a couple of plates on the broken forearms, and let the neuro surgeon worry about your squashed melon. You guys are great for business. Later.
-Gets
Old 09-01-2002, 05:56 PM

What you did is bad, just don't do it again. That being said, when I was younger, I did the same things. I don't find it hard to believe at all that he at least kept up with the M3. I used to think I owned the road when I was 17 and had a 1985 RX7. I used to race a friend who had a 1987 Supra and was able to stay with him. Unfortunately, I too was going 120mph around a slight curve/corner in wet conditions. I soon learned that my car wasn't the best handling as I lost control and flipped 3 times. My passenger and myself weren't harmed. The car was broken in a V shape at the doors. The police officer took my story that someone ran me off the road and said, "son, I know you were racing, but the way I figure it you learned your lesson. The punishment your gonna receive from your parents will be more than enough to satisfy me." I'm lucky to be here today. This can happen on a track, but it's less likely to. Congrats on the kills.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:11 PM

Let me tell you, I drove a 328i for 2 years and it would out-handled almost any Max around. If the M3 didnt want to hit the corner it was because it was too dangerous. Your lucky you didnt kill yourself. You will never outhandle a german vehicle. Please get that into your head because, at 19 y/o, your parents will wish they never gave you that car after you kill yourself in it. Plus, you are putting the lives of everyone else on the road in danger by driving like an a$$hole. I really do hope that you dont have to learn a lesson the hard way, $hithead.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:11 PM

Guzo is an example of inexperience and dispite what some of you say, big ***** or "inexperienced *****". Odds are he will find someone with the same problem and there will be a disaster.
I have been on this forum for a while and have seen at least 10 boasters sign off after a bad wreck or loss of license. Check out the recent Ming post where he killed someone. In every case they realize too late that they were trying too hard with bad odds.
I hope the smarter guys will learn by example not by experience.
See5@55years
Old 09-01-2002, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by see5
Check out the recent Ming post where he killed someone. In every case they realize too late that they were trying too hard with bad odds.
I hope the smarter guys will learn by example not by experience.
See5@55years
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=141587
Old 09-01-2002, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by maximadriven
Let me tell you, I drove a 328i for 2 years and it would out-handled almost any Max around. If the M3 didnt want to hit the corner it was because it was too dangerous. Your lucky you didnt kill yourself. You will never outhandle a german vehicle. Please get that into your head because, at 19 y/o, your parents will wish they never gave you that car after you kill yourself in it. Plus, you are putting the lives of everyone else on the road in danger by driving like an a$$hole. I really do hope that you dont have to learn a lesson the hard way, $hithead.
While I agree on the BMW suspension, the Max can handle pretty damn good with all the suspension bolt-ons. Despite the money you will spend on the bolt-ons your getting alot more for your money than with a BMW 3 series.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by Virus

While I agree on the BMW suspension, the Max can handle pretty damn good with all the suspension bolt-ons. Despite the money you will spend on the bolt-ons your getting alot more for your money than with a BMW 3 series.
I would have to agree that my 97 BMW 328i was a nice car, but @ $27k in 1999 it wasnt the greatest purchase I have made. When I bought my 2000 Max SE for 16k I felt I got alot of car for less money than the Bimmer. Not more car for less money, but not as much money for a very nice car.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:59 PM

" Someone who refers to name-calling is is one of the worst kind of person there is. When you have a conversation with someone, the worst thing you can do is attack the other party personally, instead of his comment. By reading your posts, it only tells me that you don't know how to type (perhaps other things), you don't know how to get your point across, and you have a very BORING life."

that's a good one sorcereur those two sentences are quite hypocritical, eh? oh well, what are you going to do. i just thought it was amusing. some other people are taking this thread much more seriously than i am though
Old 09-01-2002, 07:29 PM

Re: max vs bmw

Originally posted by getz
sorcereur,
you make several fine points, however, after driving a BMW 330i hard, I am extremely suprised that you found it harder to drive than the maxima.
I'm sorry i should have elaborated more, that's an uncomplete sentence in a way. I meant it's harder to drive to keep up with the maxima. The 330 isn't a hard car to drive, but the driver has to be no less than perfect to keep up with the Maxima, because the Maxima is somewhat of a faster car.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:37 PM

So you guys and gals do not get it?
Old 09-01-2002, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by Young04
" Someone who refers to name-calling is is one of the worst kind of person there is. When you have a conversation with someone, the worst thing you can do is attack the other party personally, instead of his comment. By reading your posts, it only tells me that you don't know how to type (perhaps other things), you don't know how to get your point across, and you have a very BORING life."

that's a good one sorcereur those two sentences are quite hypocritical, eh? oh well, what are you going to do. i just thought it was amusing. some other people are taking this thread much more seriously than i am though
I know it is hypocritical. I wasn't replying to the post about the race. I was reacting to him. He's always doing it, so i'm trying to get my point across to him, since it seems that's what he understands from previous posts. I really do my best not to judge people. In other words, even if i have an opinion of them, i don't like expressing it, because i wouldn't want them to do the same to me.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:08 PM

This thread went to hell in a handbasket!!

Originally posted by quansung 2
i've only done 120mph on that section twice it's pretty open but the elizabeth and linden cops know that spot too ,i'm from roselle.
Anyhow, from Woodbridge to the Elizabeth-Newark line I wouldn't even consider running hard on rte 1-9. Though Rahway cops aren't the ticket ****** that Woodbridge, Linden and Elizabeth cops are, I still wouldn't push my luck here.

But the stretch between Newark and Jersey City is fair game. I still haven't had the chance to run my Max on this stretch. Since they restructured the road, its a nice piece to kick-it on. (When I used to work at Hertz, we used to tear this road up early on Sunday mornings)

Hey quansung, I'm originally from Roselle. (Graduated Abraham Clark HS in 1986...oops..showed my age )
Old 09-01-2002, 08:21 PM

Get a life! You have some serious issues
Old 09-01-2002, 08:50 PM

I honestly do not know why the M3 slowed down that much, any of these guys from the area that the long curve after the budweiser factory leading to the lights about 1/4 mile ahead is not sharp at all.I think he slowed down for fear of cops since after the curve there are gas stations and fast food joints and such.I took the curve, passed him on the curve and immediately after passing him I started slowing down for the lights.

I know racing isn't the safest thing to do.

My passengers were well aware of what was going on, they are always ready to see some higher speeds.

If I wanted to do speed limit all the time, I would've bought a Corolla.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:44 PM
C2MAX

RIGHT....all know is who cares - let the kid do 120 or what ever on the highway... i do too.. i do 170 on my bike and thats dangerous but whatever... we brag about diferent shiet i am sure you all do to so let it go. get over it. hey bro. go faster ive done 145 in my max racing a mustang. its all good. have fun. that why you got that car. im over it ... later

Old 09-02-2002, 06:10 AM

Originally posted by C2MAX
RIGHT....all know is who cares - let the kid do 120 or what ever on the highway... i do too.. i do 170 on my bike and thats dangerous but whatever... we brag about diferent shiet i am sure you all do to so let it go. get over it. hey bro. go faster ive done 145 in my max racing a mustang. its all good. have fun. that why you got that car. im over it ... later
Words of Wisdom...
Old 09-02-2002, 06:12 AM

My passengers were well aware of what was going on, they are always ready to see some higher speeds.

If I wanted to do speed limit all the time, I would've bought a Corolla.
Well, the worst thing to happen to someone is to be racing with friends in the car, you get in an accident and survive but all your friends die. You think they were still ready for the speed?

Slow down...

Quick Reply: MAX was 4-0 for the night