5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

10 people are needed to buy this body kit for $805 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 10:15 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

10 people are needed to buy this body kit for $805 shipped

Looking for 10 people. This kit would kick a$$. Please post if you would be ready, willing, and able to buy this.

to get bodykits.com to do it:

1) each group buy has to be the same style kit, and the same years

2) all we need is 10 pre-orders of the same custom kit you choose
$675.00x10 people with the same car, and want the same design kit (that is
a complete kit!)
add shippping +$130.00
we would need to ship to a business address (any business address will do ,
like your work, or a body shop)

3) after we get the pre-orders, we would need a sponsor car to prototype the
kit on, of course the sponsor car will get a FREE Kit, but first we would
need the pre-orders and the group buy organized and pre-paid before hand.
(please do not email us for sponosrships for this)

4)After the group buy is complete, allow 5-7 weeks for us to make the kit,
and we can ship the kits our after
Old 09-10-2002, 10:18 AM
ActiveTuning Partner

That would have to be less the wing and widebody look on the rear door and quarter panel right? Got any pics of the rear?
Old 09-10-2002, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Altimat
That would have to be less the wing and widebody look on the rear door and quarter panel right? Got any pics of the rear?
Is there any guarantee that it will look exactly like the pic. notice the lips on the fender and how they carry over into the front bumper, on the kamakazi kit those lips are not there on the front and rear pieces and I think it looks like sh#t. This is the kamakazee kit below that doesn't have teh fender flares on the front and rear pieces, I like the way your kit looks because is maintains the stock fender flares

Old 09-10-2002, 10:28 AM

Maximazero is going to have to take this one......
Old 09-10-2002, 11:36 AM
ActiveTuning Partner

Originally posted by asu174

Maximazero is going to have to take this one......
Uh oh...should I be scared?
Old 09-10-2002, 11:40 AM

Uh oh...should I be scared?
I wasn't threatening you or anything.... I just don't know the answer to the second part of your question...
Old 09-10-2002, 11:48 AM
ActiveTuning Partner

I wasn't threatening you or anything.... I just don't know the answer to the second part of your question...
Sorry. On the wrong side of the tracks over here on the .org lurking for 3.5 stuff and though that I might have offended you and that Maximazero was the enforcer. But I just can't resist body kit and paint threads. Now I just noticed Maximazero in the pic. Is it photoshopped or is that a real car?
Old 09-10-2002, 11:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry. On the wrong side of the tracks over here on the .org lurking for 3.5 stuff and though that I might have offended you and that Maximazero was the enforcer. But I just can't resist body kit and paint threads. Now I just noticed Maximazero in the pic. Is it photoshopped or is that a real car?
Photoshoped
Old 09-10-2002, 11:57 AM

Where's bodykits.com located??
Old 09-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'd love to because I've been sweatin this chop shop pic by MaximaZero for some time now. Unfortunately I'm broke at the moment and am waiting for tax season to resume modding. If this fails now I suggest you try this again tax time.

What will the kit be made of?
Old 09-10-2002, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by NuJerseyDrive
I'd love to because I've been sweatin this chop shop pic by MaximaZero for some time now. Unfortunately I'm broke at the moment and am waiting for tax season to resume modding. If this fails now I suggest you try this again tax time.
Or company bonus or project incentive time.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT

Or company bonus or project incentive time.
Would be nice however highly unlikely
Old 09-10-2002, 02:08 PM

What would the rear look like? I recall someone else trying to set up a group deal with bodykits.com but everyone couldn't agree on the rear. What is the kit being made out of? The sides look pretty plain...
Old 09-10-2002, 02:14 PM

I want that kit so bad. I might be down for this deal. Will we get the rear spoiler as well for that price? how bout the fog light set?
Old 09-10-2002, 02:20 PM
I miss the .org!

If it is made of urethane, and would look as good as the picture, and for that price? I would be sooo in! Definitely gotta maintain the stock fender flare look though, not like on the Sarona/Kamikaze kits.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by redfly17
I want that kit so bad. I might be down for this deal. Will we get the rear spoiler as well for that price? how bout the fog light set?
No and no.

Maximazero...where are you? Please don't let this fall into the pile of the numerous other failed group deals. I want this kit. Bad.

So far we have......

1. Test car (TBD)
2. Andy (ASU174)
Old 09-10-2002, 03:19 PM

cool

No and no.

Maximazero...where are you? Please don't let this fall into the pile of the numerous other failed group deals. I want this kit. Bad.

So far we have......

1. Test car (TBD)
2. Andy (ASU174)
count me in
Old 09-10-2002, 04:20 PM

Re: cool

Originally posted by rob van dam

count me in
For real? okay... updated list below.

1. Test car (TBD)
2. Andy (ASU174)
3. Albert (Rob Van Dam)
Old 09-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Maxima06071

Yeah remember the picture is photochopped....so YES it will probably look a little different.
I wish I could say yes...I love the Skyline look.
I just can't cause I'm leasing:angry:..If I buy the Max then I'll get this kit in a second.
Yeah maybe you could do this again during "tax relief season" or some time after March 15, 2003.

Old 09-10-2002, 04:48 PM

If you can get an idea of what the rear will look like, then I might be in. Will it be lower than the Stillen kit? I still want to be able to drive it.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:15 PM
I miss the .org!

If Maximazero can answer my questions to my satisfaction, then I'll be in too. To recap: urethane? continuing of stock fender flare? rear shot?
Old 09-10-2002, 05:19 PM

Is this for the 2k2+ or the 2k and the 2k1 since I think they have different lip sizes...or does that not matter in this kit?
Old 09-10-2002, 07:21 PM

Bump. MaximaZero...where are you????
Old 09-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
Is this for the 2k2+ or the 2k and the 2k1 since I think they have different lip sizes...or does that not matter in this kit?

This will be for all A33 models as your entire front bumper will not be on the car. The problem between the 2k2+ and the older ones was the difference in the lower valance in the front. This will not matter in this case.

ASU - Get ZERO to post what a good backend will be. Set the kit in stone and dont take any recommendations. The problem this had before was everyone thinks this is burger king. Fact is you just have to like what you see or not. No special cuts, grooves, or whatnot.

I cannot buy right now ((Wedding)), but I will before next summer comes.

Triple8 - I dont think it will be Polly... It will most likely be Fiberglass, it would be nice, but I am pretty sure it wont happen that way.

I hope this one works this time. If not, then I will be ready in the spring.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:55 PM

Originally posted by dblrr900

This will be for all A33 models as your entire front bumper will not be on the car. The problem between the 2k2+ and the older ones was the difference in the lower valance in the front. This will not matter in this case.

ASU - Get ZERO to post what a good backend will be. Set the kit in stone and dont take any recommendations. The problem this had before was everyone thinks this is burger king. Fact is you just have to like what you see or not. No special cuts, grooves, or whatnot.

I cannot buy right now ((Wedding)), but I will before next summer comes.

Triple8 - I dont think it will be Polly... It will most likely be Fiberglass, it would be nice, but I am pretty sure it wont happen that way.

I hope this one works this time. If not, then I will be ready in the spring.
A33 models? huh?

I pm'd ZERO with this thread. I want to see this get off the ground. We need a 5th gen full front and rear bumper replacement kit that is not as tacky as the Ninja.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:08 PM

PS- Buybodykits.com is out of Austin, Texas. If need be, I think I could be the prototype car, although I would prefer that MaximaZero or someone could actually be there to oversee that it is being made correctly.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:42 PM

A33 is the 5th gen max chassis code right?
poly-urethane would be better, fiberblass is weak breaks too easily. My friend has a fiberglass kit on his eclipse and he lightly backed into the bumper of another car and his kit cracked from top to bottom. Another friend **** a branch or something on the freeway in his civic hatchback and he heard a crack, when he got home have of his fiberglass lip was gone.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:07 PM

no way polyurethane is that cheap..it costs a lot more than that for the full kit if you want polyurethane. esp full bumper replacements?? forget about it...
Old 09-10-2002, 11:09 PM
a33

whre would the kit be made???
Old 09-11-2002, 12:26 AM

I'm Ordering 1 please!

Put me seriously down for 1 please...and yes no fries.

I have a 2000 model year. BUT, I do offer my own terms to the group buy people, if we were to organize with a no-name company and unseen product.

1. In good faith, put down 1/4% of total cost $168.75 for deposit with invoice in writing.
2. Full front, full side, full back pictures upon completion of prototype body kit.
3. Manufacturer's sign committment to produce and ship specific body kit within a specific timeframe.
4. Business name, Business owner, Business address, Business State license (if available), Tax license (if available) must be listed on committment letter & Invoice.

All I'm worry about is someone taking our money and running. $168.75 X 10 = 10 people with broken committment(s) and burnt wallets.

I'm serious about purchasing the body kit unseen and not tested product but having atleast the deal in writing would at least allow us the knowledge that we are working with a reputable and known manufacturer. If I'm wrong about the last term then are we dealing with a person doing this as a side job?

seriously committed,
guchi
Old 09-11-2002, 01:02 AM
Old Timer

The photochop pic is extremely cool. I definately would be interested, but I agree with guchi. I'd hate to be burned and not even know who burned me. Austin is a big freakin town. I can't have the money for two months, but the way this list is going, it'll be two months before everyone signs up. I'd also be willing to spend a little extra cash for polyurethane. I don't wanna spend big money and then next month have a cracked A$$ body kit. I'll keep myself posted on what's said. We'll see.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:27 AM
CO2kmax

That kit is sweet from what I see in the pics. I will not be purchasing it, but I have some sugestions. First the kit will have to have pics on all sides, and in detail. If not the people who will make the kit will imprivise, we don't wan't that. Second who ever is the person heading this up needs to make the decision on what it looks like. If u take sugestions u will never get it off the ground. Third get the contract in writing and make sure every detail is included, if there is any laywers out there I would think that your help would be apreciated. Fourth I think for that price it would be fibreglass and with out the wing, I could be wrong though. Finally first u need to get the body kit designed and the contract written and then go from there, and then post a thread when its a go and all u need is the people. I think rate now this is going to be a 20 page thread of people wating to see what the final kit is going to look like. That is my .02 I hope u guys get it done because that is a sweet kit. Good luck

Old 09-11-2002, 07:55 AM
lcf

dood. im not willing to part with that much money for a kit that i havent seen irl yet, or even the back of it. however, upon completion of the prototype car and after a few of you have received and installed your bodykits, pretty much after i see REAL pictures id be down to take off my stillen aero and get this... or at least mix and match it a little. maybe id keep my stillen rear valence and throw on that skyline front bumper replacement. it looks very nice.

Old 09-11-2002, 08:57 AM
I miss the .org!

Personally, I'd rather pay more for a urethane kit that'll last, versus a fiberglass kit thats cheaper. I'm sure I'll end up having to replace a fiberglass kit at least once.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:51 AM
ThisMax2NV

Awwwww! Now I wish I had waited. Will a polyurethane one be out as well. Kinda hesitant in buying the fiberglass kits.

Old 09-11-2002, 11:35 AM

I am almost certain they are in houston I was there once. Maybe they moved non the less the guy who owns the shop was trying to sponser our carclub awhile back but we declined due to lack of interest in the kits he had. This is interesting. I'm almost 100% sure it is the same owner he drives a Mazda MX-6. Keep us informed im really really interested in the kit if it fits the picture shown.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:56 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

Originally posted by SVTTODAMAX
I am almost certain they are in houston I was there once. Maybe they moved non the less the guy who owns the shop was trying to sponser our carclub awhile back but we declined due to lack of interest in the kits he had. This is interesting. I'm almost 100% sure it is the same owner he drives a Mazda MX-6. Keep us informed im really really interested in the kit if it fits the picture shown.
Ok maybe I can help. The last time we tried this we went thru and picked a bumper that maxiamzero had photoshoped and this was it.

here's a link from the last one we thried doing.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=140732
Old 09-11-2002, 12:04 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

sorry guys, i was in davis all day moving into my new apartment yesterday.

i'll photoshop some more pics of this. if someone can help me find quality shots of an R34 GTR from the side and rear, it would definitely help me get this one sooner.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:44 PM

Here ya go http://www.jspec.com/tokyoautosalon.html allot of good pics.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:11 PM

i'm in

Quick Reply: 10 people are needed to buy this body kit for $805 shipped