5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

hmmm, got offered 16K for my 2k for G35C

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 03:50 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

hmmm, got offered 16K for my 2k for G35C

Yeah, a COUPE! in three weeks, I can have my choice of 3 coupes.

Man, the G is so much smaller in side than the max. The tranny takes up so much room inside. I cant decide.

Anyway, if I can get offered 16K on an Infiniti lot on a 2K GLE with 37,000 miles, I dont think thats too bad at all. Thats trade-in on a premium brand lot.

If I can find some good low interest rate bank for about 15K, I may be rollin in the G-coupe pretty soon with the same payment.

My main priority right now is selling our house and moving to or near the NY area, so there is a high probability I will wake up tomorrow and dismiss the idea of a new car all together. Would be nice to not have payments for awhile. Would give my a great modding budget.

Btw, the NAV sucked here. It was missing ALOT of streets... including the street the dealer has been on for years. Now thats ironic. He said the were having a hard time selling NAV when the customer sees a big blank spot where they are.
Old 09-28-2002, 03:51 PM
Administrator

take that b!tch and run.. i can't believe they would offer you so little.. and a 6 spd this time please

oh yeah.. and move to CT.. you can hang out with us cool guys
Old 09-28-2002, 04:08 PM

Re: hmmm, got offered 16K for my 2k for G35C

Originally posted by TimW
Btw, the NAV sucked here. It was missing ALOT of streets... including the street the dealer has been on for years. Now thats ironic. He said the were having a hard time selling NAV when the customer sees a big blank spot where they are.
is the NAV a DVD navigation with 1 cd for whole country

or is it

Nissan's notorious 9 zone CD navigation with 9 zones for USA
Old 09-28-2002, 04:29 PM
Very sound, Mike

Speaking of G35, it seems Nissan is recalling 20,000+ sedans due to a fuel cut-off problem.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:38 PM

its a DVD system. I cant believe they were using such old Navtech data... like 3 years old.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
take that b!tch and run.. i can't believe they would offer you so little.. and a 6 spd this time please

oh yeah.. and move to CT.. you can hang out with us cool guys

whatchoo mean? I think 16K is great on an Infiniti lot. thats means about 17.5 - 18K private sale. Me likes those numbers. I've just been thinking that I would get soooo ripped on resale. I felt that *fair* resale was great resale.

Been looking at CT = $$$. However, I'm in publishing, database programming, and there are alot of places that sell such software up there. yeah, I'll be poking around up there to see what I can scare up.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:46 PM

whatchoo mean? I think 16K is great on an Infiniti lot. thats means about 17.5 - 18K private sale. Me likes those numbers. I've just been thinking that I would get soooo ripped on resale. I felt that *fair* resale was great resale.

Been looking at CT = $$$. However, I'm in publishing, database programming, and there are alot of places that sell such software up there. yeah, I'll be poking around up there to see what I can scare up.
Sprint means, take that bish and run.. meaning.. take that bish (g35) and haul ****.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:49 PM
Administrator

i made a typo.. i mean so much.. i can't believe the woudl offer you so much.. thats why i said take the money and run get the G35..

Old 09-28-2002, 04:58 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
i made a typo.. i mean so much.. i can't believe the woudl offer you so much.. thats why i said take the money and run get the G35..

SPRINT i think you should proof read your post.. you make too many typos
Old 09-28-2002, 05:01 PM

As I always say when other people's money is involved, go for it

But seriously, I would look into the crime rate and what your insurance will be where you are moving. I imagine Little Rock is a relatively cheap place to insure a car.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Dude....go for it. That's a good deal. Those coupes are SICK!
Old 09-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
SPRINT i think you should proof read your post.. you make too many typos
Old 09-28-2002, 05:45 PM

who's going to be our new moderator then?

me!

no seriously, take the g35 coupe. You can always come back and help us with the HID problem though
Old 09-28-2002, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by 97GLE
But seriously, I would look into the crime rate and what your insurance will be where you are moving. I imagine Little Rock is a relatively cheap place to insure a car.
for whatever we lack in crime, we more than make up for in dumba$$ drivers. Aside from NY*C* and NJ, we are on average. Little Rock area is about 1/2+ a mil peeps. However, it still manages to extraordinarily suck. Thats why we travel ALOT. 2-3 big trips a year.
Old 09-28-2002, 06:35 PM

btw, they are practically begging for someone to take the i35s off their hands. I can get 3-4000 off with nav for basically nuthin. (that may be because of the above mentioned lack of street coverage on that new side of town)

I dunno mang... There's only on thing that feels better than stomping on that RWD 280hp beast, and that would be the last payment on my maxima. The sales people remarked how clean my car was, even the nissan techs were shocked it was a 2k. I really think I could keep driving it..

I'm torn.. I would tell anyone here to go for it. I know there wont be alot of times I'm offered this much again, if ever.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:28 PM
BugNout

Grab that G35 Coupe fo' sho'.

Old 09-28-2002, 08:03 PM

OK here goes

Don't do it, you are at least half to two thirds the way towards paying off your Max and you are kinda in between some serious decisions: work, moving, etc... Wait til you have worked those things out then make a more logical decision. I mean my god man it's not like your driving around a Yugo. Either way good luck on relocating, put your money into your crib.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:24 PM

for whatever we lack in crime, we more than make up for in dumba$$ drivers. Aside from NY*C* and NJ, we are on average. Little Rock area is about 1/2+ a mil peeps. However, it still manages to extraordinarily suck. Thats why we travel ALOT. 2-3 big trips a year.
I guess I don't experience much of Little Rock... all I've seen is the airport a sprinkling of downtown. <random thought> Have you been to a buffet called Brown's, out in benton? I don't know why, but I love that place. </random thought>

Anyway, buy the car and get on UT
Old 09-28-2002, 10:56 PM

oh my god, Browns? that place is a gut buster. Also known for its rather 'eclectic' patrons. Its a place we take vistors when the insist on seeing some 'country cooking' place. I guess seeing some guy get a tray WITHOUT a plate and loading it 'Close Encounters and Mash Potato' style sums that place up LR/Conway/NLR/Benton has had ALOT of sprawl in the last couple of years. Then again, so have the frequent customers of Browns

I've been on there several times, only bots.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:53 PM

oh my god, Browns? that place is a gut buster. Also known for its rather 'eclectic' patrons. Its a place we take vistors when the insist on seeing some 'country cooking' place. I guess seeing some guy get a tray WITHOUT a plate and loading it 'Close Encounters and Mash Potato' style sums that place up LR/Conway/NLR/Benton has had ALOT of sprawl in the last couple of years. Then again, so have the frequent customers of Browns

I've been on there several times, only bots.
I go in Brown's and think 'I'm not sure i like this place' and come out an hour or so later ten pounds heavier with a smile on my face.
It's my deep Arkansas roots coming out. I think I'm related in some twisted way to 90% of the people in Jonesboro. You'd never know it if you met me either... I stick out like a sore thumb whenever I visit family there.

My greatest Brown's experience: inside, this old lady was having trouble breathing and her daughter is helping her with her oxygen... Later as I'm leaving she's sitting on the porch smoking a cigarette and she's wearing a Viginia Slims shirt! It said It's a Woman Thang on it.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:12 AM

btw, they are practically begging for someone to take the i35s off their hands. I can get 3-4000 off with nav for basically nuthin. (that may be because of the above mentioned lack of street coverage on that new side of town)

I dunno mang... There's only on thing that feels better than stomping on that RWD 280hp beast, and that would be the last payment on my maxima. The sales people remarked how clean my car was, even the nissan techs were shocked it was a 2k. I really think I could keep driving it..

I'm torn.. I would tell anyone here to go for it. I know there wont be alot of times I'm offered this much again, if ever.
Well, is doing this and extending your payments gonna break the bank and make it impossible to move? Probably not. How much longer do you have to pay off the Max? You said the payments for the G35C would be the same, so what's the difference? Do it! Dude, I love my Max, but that G35 is a different beast entirely. I would do it. Do it. Plus, the price of the G35 is likely to go up next year. They could be pulling a Lexus and selling it cheap just to get them on the street, then raise the price next year. They are infringing on the I35's market afterall.