5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

02SE has low frequency rumble

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 09:10 PM

02SE has low frequency rumble

I have had for 4 weeks. Love my Max except I notice rumble, not tire or road noise, at low speeds 20-40 mph. I am going to put 36 psi on tire (have 30 now) to see if it makes difference. Has anyone experience this or there is something loose in the suspension. Could this be related to transverse link problem?
Also I noticed when I shift gears (6 speed) the engine rpm holds up for a couple of secs before going dropping down.
Appreciate any comments.
PS. Else is great with car
Old 10-04-2002, 06:25 AM

Re: 02SE has low frequency rumble

Originally posted by AgisAbatzoglou
I have had for 4 weeks. Love my Max except I notice rumble, not tire or road noise, at low speeds 20-40 mph. I am going to put 36 psi on tire (have 30 now) to see if it makes difference. Has anyone experience this or there is something loose in the suspension. Could this be related to transverse link problem?
Also I noticed when I shift gears (6 speed) the engine rpm holds up for a couple of secs before going dropping down.
Appreciate any comments.
You're not the only one with the suspension problem, and it has nothing to do w/ the tranverse link. Many 2k2 & 2k3 owners have the same problem. I took my car back to the dealership three times to get it fixed but they always tell me that they cannot duplicate to problem. I even lowered my car w/ eibachs and its still there. My next move will be to change the shocks/struts. I hope that will solve the jiggle b/c its really f&$*ing annoying>
Old 10-04-2002, 06:55 AM
swallac2

Re: 02SE has low frequency rumble

Originally posted by AgisAbatzoglou
Appreciate any comments.
The RPM holding this is normal. Someone posted a long time ago that it was an emissions thing. It takes some getting used to for sure.