5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

color for a 5th generation

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 02:58 PM

color for a 5th generation

was up like i said in my other link i want to get a 2k2 for sure i am going to black interior but what is a good color for the exterior?pics would be helpful
Old 10-21-2002, 04:17 PM

Re: color for a 5th generation

Originally posted by punjabithug
was up like i said in my other link i want to get a 2k2 for sure i am going to black interior but what is a good color for the exterior?pics would be helpful
bale bale [spelled correctly? i dunno]...wassup man...well, i believe its a tough choice amongst all the cars, but it depends what you wanna do w/ it after...i think the blue and black looks best stock wise...once you start modding it they all look good, i prefer white but its basically up to you cuz they all look good...side note, where you from? im Indian so its cool to see another Desi person up here...
atw
Old 10-21-2002, 04:56 PM

I know the 2k2 Altima offers a beautiful modern yet classy color:

green emerald mist.

Is that available for the MAx as well?
If it looks as good on a Max as on a 2k2 Altima,, then that'd be the color.

Fred...
Old 10-21-2002, 07:41 PM

It depends on where you live too, if you live in AZ or the southwest, u want a white car. We rented a white 2k2 maxima when we went down there last summer and I wish we had got that color. If you don't want to go to the car wash every week or if you don't have lots of time to maintain the exterior, sterling mist is a good option.

I don't think white comes with black leather though, my sterling mist came with black leather. I will take pics tomorrow, email me to remind me.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:54 PM

here, i did some searching and found this thread.

Best Color Max?

note: The AE Blue they talk about is the Majestic Blue (just changed the name)
Old 10-21-2002, 08:20 PM

Re: Re: color for a 5th generation

Yea thas koo im either thinking of gettin a black on black because my 98 is white such a hassle to keep clean. Im from india as well where u live at?

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g

bale bale [spelled correctly? i dunno]...wassup man...well, i believe its a tough choice amongst all the cars, but it depends what you wanna do w/ it after...i think the blue and black looks best stock wise...once you start modding it they all look good, i prefer white but its basically up to you cuz they all look good...side note, where you from? im Indian so its cool to see another Desi person up here...
atw
Old 10-21-2002, 08:38 PM

Re: Re: Re: color for a 5th generation

Yea thas koo im either thinking of gettin a black on black because my 98 is white such a hassle to keep clean. Im from india as well where u live at?

dawg if you think white is hard to handle, dont get black...i dont know from experience, but its a known fact that black is like the hardest color...my parents were born in India but i was born here and i live in CA...you?

atw
Old 10-21-2002, 08:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: color for a 5th generation

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g

dawg if you think white is hard to handle, dont get black...i dont know from experience, but its a known fact that black is like the hardest color...my parents were born in India but i was born here and i live in CA...you?

atw
yes having a black car is high maintence, but when its nice and clean its the best looking color IMO.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:20 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: color for a 5th generation

Originally posted by silverkorn

yes having a black car is high maintence, but when its nice and clean its the best looking color IMO.
I was going to go with an SE black on black, fell in love with that car but after sitting down and really thinking about how **** I am about my car I went with the Polished Titanium and love it. Not a hard color to keep clean and looks great with the chrome rims...
Old 10-23-2002, 11:39 AM

You need to go with Sheer Silver, and I'm not at all biased...

Seriously, silver looks good and when it gets dirty (it's been raining all week) it just looks a little more gold. Otherwise, black on black would look cool.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:53 AM

My favorite color is Majestic Blue.
I also like the Black on Black.
You CAN get white on black (Cutlr7)
I also like the 'sand' color

If it gets HOT where you live, you might want to consider a light color. I have Sterling Mist, which I love, and it looks good even when it's dirty!
Old 10-23-2002, 11:55 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Majestic Blue with black leather. Great combo
Old 10-23-2002, 11:55 AM

Black Exterior - best looking, but get a bra, trust me

Frost Interior - once again best looking and easiest to take care of
Old 10-23-2002, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by Maximax2

You need to go with Sheer Silver, and I'm not at all biased...

Seriously, silver looks good and when it gets dirty (it's been raining all week) it just looks a little more gold. Otherwise, black on black would look cool.
there is no sheer silver for the 2002s Sterling Mist is the only "silver" available but it looks nice! To make it even better, I have one so if you want to be cool and just like me, get a sterling mist.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:23 PM
2K2 BLACK 6 SPD

Black on black looks great when it is clean! Yes it is high maintenance but it is definately worth it! What is better than black on black? Black on black with a 6 speed manual!

Old 10-23-2002, 12:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: color for a 5th generation

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
there is no sheer silver for the 2002s Sterling Mist is the only "silver" available but it looks nice! To make it even better, I have one so if you want to be cool and just like me, get a sterling mist.
oops, my bad - didn't notice the 2k2
Old 10-23-2002, 12:58 PM

Sterling Mist is UUUUUGLY
Old 10-23-2002, 01:53 PM

I have Merlot/Black... it looks damn nice when its clean..

But, if I had it to do over again I'd probably go with white just cuz I don't have a garage and it rains here every other day so it's a ***** to keep clean.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:36 PM

Well, I hate to say this...

STERLING MIST:
I have 2k2 in Sterling Mist (which I'm happy w/). It seems to look clean even when it's not. People comment about it being clean, even when I think it's dirty. However, When it's washed and waxed, it doesn't seem to really get any extra attention.

MAJESTIC BLUE:
Honestly, If I had it to do again... I'd go Majestic! The car looks beautiful in that color! When washed and waxed, makes me down right sick to my stomach! ME

Just my .02
Old 10-23-2002, 02:49 PM

I have Sheer Silver with black and i love it... i wanted white with black (like my prelude) but that combo isnt possible with Nissan.... *****es....
Old 10-23-2002, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by SkyDaver
Sterling Mist is UUUUUGLY
so are you but you don't hear me pointing it out...OOPS!

Old 10-23-2002, 02:56 PM

You should get black. It's the best looking color for the Max. (No bias here).

Btw, it's a little known fact that black cars have 20 more horsepower than other colors.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Banned

If you can still get your hands on a 2K2, I'd say go with either Sterling Mist, Majestic Blue, or Grey Lustre, all pretty sharp looking.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:42 PM
Maxima06071

I'm weird then, I just like white cars.......white cars with(or soon to be with) gunmetal wheels. Mmmmmm (pointing down)

Old 10-23-2002, 07:08 PM

Majestic Blue is the best color for the 5th gen no if ands or buts. With Zaino this color is the best end of story. At night the color looks black until light hits it and then you get that Majestic effect you see the metallics in the paint first then all of a suden it hits you and it's like wow it's blue. In day light the color can look either classy or sporty depending on the mods you have. People will ask you what color blue is that, or if the color is a factory color etc... With tinted windows the Blue and the chrome around the windows really compliment each other. Black is a classic color but really all black colors look the same but there is no other car on the road with Majestic Blue color. The A.E door sill look great with the black interior as well. Take a look at my homepage for pics.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by perrymaxima
Majestic Blue is the best color for the 5th gen no if ands or buts.
it seems like you are trying to state a fact. But facts have to be true...

Sterling Mist Rules!

Note: I wanted the majestic blue too with this car because it looked the best but my dad wanted the sterling mist and he was paying...
I don't regret getting Sterling Mist at all though. It's a great color.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:14 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
it seems like you are trying to state a fact. But facts have to be true...

Sterling Mist Rules!

Note: I wanted the majestic blue too with this car because it looked the best but my dad wanted the sterling mist and he was paying...
I don't regret getting Sterling Mist at all though. It's a great color.
Icelandic Pearl!

Old 10-23-2002, 07:21 PM

YO

Majestic blue!! That color rules!BTW i am Punjabi too!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:25 PM
I miss the .org!

If they made a Black interior with Glacier Pearl (white) exterior, I would've snatched that up for sure, but they stopped offering that color combo w/5th gens. So if you are set on Black interior, I would go with Polished Titanium, or Sheer Silver, or Majestic Blue, or Merlot, in that order...