5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just got my Indiglo gauges

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 10:36 PM

Just got my Indiglo gauges

Just got these in this afternoon. It took me until 10PM to install them, but that was only because I had to take care of other duties, like feeding myself and watching my son. All in all, a very easy install. The kit comes with the inverter, gauge overlays and a dimmer assembly to control the color and brightness. You pull out your old gauge cluster, slip these over the needles (carefully!), splice the inverter into DC power somewhere on your car that is controlled by the light switch, and reassemble. If I hadn't been interrupted, I probably could have been done in an hour.

Day pic:

Night pic:

Well worth 49 bucks.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:00 PM
Banned

looks niiiiice , where did u get them from? I didnt know we had indiglos available now.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:16 PM

Originally posted by PHAT2k1A.E.
looks niiiiice , where did u get them from? I didnt know we had indiglos available now.
I first noticed them on MaxDoogie's car, then he told me to check for them on Ebay. Apparently they're offered there pretty regularly. They're made by Initial K Auto Concepts. They don't have a regular web page, but their address and phone number are:

Initial K Auto Concepts Inc
717 Brea Canyon Rd
Walnut, CA
909-598-0210

I also found this web page for Initial K offering gauges for a 2K1 Solara, but most of the info applies to all their gauges.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:29 AM

is it a 2k1 or 2k2(2k3) gauge?
Old 10-24-2002, 12:32 AM

Originally posted by chi02max
is it a 2k1 or 2k2(2k3) gauge?
2000-2001 only. 2K2 - 2K3 gets reverse indiglo!
Old 10-24-2002, 12:45 AM

ohh hehe.. okay thanx... yea i have my reverse indiglo gauges.. gotta get them installed... i was just wondering if it had it for 2k2-2k3.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:40 AM

OK, I'll bite....what's the difference between indiglo gauges and "reverse" indiglo? I have a 2002 GLE and I desperately wanted the titanium gauges. However, I'll settle for indiglos if they look as good as the pictures in this thread.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:08 AM

Indiglo gauges look like the pics in this thread. They're typically white, and the white turns into a blue or green at night.

Reverse indiglo are also white in the daytime, but at night the pattern reverses, so anywhere it was white is now dark, and the black numbers light up, much like any normal gauge. The writing is much more vivid at night, since it's using the indiglo instead of a light blub to light up the numbers.

http://www.procarparts.com/store/dis...S-MAX-0203-RIG
Old 10-24-2002, 06:54 AM

is the pic you have here the blue or green lighting? looks green to me?

thanks
Old 10-24-2002, 06:59 AM

ohh hehe.. okay thanx... yea i have my reverse indiglo gauges.. gotta get them installed... i was just wondering if it had it for 2k2-2k3.
When do you plan to do the install? Make sure you take pictures!!!
Old 10-24-2002, 08:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Just got my Indiglo gauges

Originally posted by Scrimbo
Just got these in this afternoon. It took me until 10PM to install them, but that was only because I had to take care of other duties, like feeding myself and watching my son. All in all, a very easy install. The kit comes with the inverter, gauge overlays and a dimmer assembly to control the color and brightness. You pull out your old gauge cluster, slip these over the needles (carefully!), splice the inverter into DC power somewhere on your car that is controlled by the light switch, and reassemble. If I hadn't been interrupted, I probably could have been done in an hour.

Day pic:

Night pic:

Well worth 49 bucks.
I bought mines from the same place. I should have it by tomorrow..

Hey which wire for + did you splice into? The one on the dimmer switch? Also where'd you ground it?

Thanks!

-Danny
Old 10-24-2002, 09:54 AM

i got the indiglow NEEDLE kit but can't freakin find anyone to install
them.

looks good Scrimbo
Old 10-24-2002, 10:11 AM

Re: Re: Just got my Indiglo gauges

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

I bought mines from the same place. I should have it by tomorrow..

Hey which wire for + did you splice into? The one on the dimmer switch? Also where'd you ground it?

Thanks!

-Danny
Hey Danny,

I spliced into the wires on the dimmer switch...there are three wires, 2 reds (or blues, I can're remember) and one black..splice the black to the black, and from my experience, you can splice into either of the two reds...I had no problems with either. I just used a voltometer and both the reds receive a 12 volt power when the lights are on.

Also, the gauge pics are probably of the blue...I couldn't, for the life of me get any digital camera to take a picture and make the gauges look blue. Trust me, they get very blue if that is what you are looking for
Old 10-24-2002, 11:21 AM

Re: Re: Re: Just got my Indiglo gauges

Originally posted by MaxDoogie

Hey Danny,

I spliced into the wires on the dimmer switch...there are three wires, 2 reds (or blues, I can're remember) and one black..splice the black to the black, and from my experience, you can splice into either of the two reds...I had no problems with either. I just used a voltometer and both the reds receive a 12 volt power when the lights are on.

Also, the gauge pics are probably of the blue...I couldn't, for the life of me get any digital camera to take a picture and make the gauges look blue. Trust me, they get very blue if that is what you are looking for
I used the outside red wire on the dimmer switch, and its ground. Everything works like you'd expect. The dimmer dims all the interior lights except for the gauges themselves, and the gauges' dimmer only dims the gauges. I mounted the gauge dimmer switch in a blank spot on my dash, and zip-tied the BLUE/GREEN switch deep inside my dashboard.

And yes, the gauges are set to 'blue'. The green is a LOT greener than these pics make it look.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by acMAX
i got the indiglow NEEDLE kit but can't freakin find anyone to install
them.

looks good Scrimbo
Needle kit? I'd love to get the indiglo for my 03, but I've got the titanium gauges. They look cool during the day, but boring at night. The indiglo's look great at night, but boring durning the day (if you don't have titanium gauges).

acMAX, Tell me more about this needle kit please!
Old 10-24-2002, 05:57 PM

yea i just got the reverse indiglo gauges installed for the 02, but i was wondering where you can get the needle kit.. that'll look kool. where did you buy it?? does it depend what year the car is? cuz i have 02.
Old 10-25-2002, 06:36 AM

very nice!
Old 10-25-2002, 06:49 AM

yea i just got the reverse indiglo gauges installed for the 02, but i was wondering where you can get the needle kit.. that'll look kool. where did you buy it?? does it depend what year the car is? cuz i have 02.
Did you do the install yourself? I think you may be one of the first on the board with a 2K2 and reverse indiglo... lets see some pics!!!

Thanks
Old 10-25-2002, 09:36 AM

haha... actually i didn't do the install myself. i asked my uncle if i can do it myself type of thing.. and he said no... it was a hard process.. BTW hes a mechanic, so he was the one that installed it.... ill get some pics up for you guys!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 07:04 PM

Re: Just got my Indiglo gauges

Day pic:

Night pic:

Well worth 49 bucks.
It looks like from the pic that you didn't install the other 3 indiglo's. Signal, and bottom left and right. So I guess you don't need to connect these and the others will still work? I just got mines in the mail today and I'll install it tomorrow. In the directions it says not to tap into the dimmer switch. But it looks like everyone here tapped into the dimmer switch. Any problems? Oh yeah, where'd you ground it to?
Old 10-25-2002, 09:16 PM

Re: Re: Just got my Indiglo gauges

It looks like from the pic that you didn't install the other 3 indiglo's. Signal, and bottom left and right. So I guess you don't need to connect these and the others will still work? I just got mines in the mail today and I'll install it tomorrow. In the directions it says not to tap into the dimmer switch. But it looks like everyone here tapped into the dimmer switch. Any problems? Oh yeah, where'd you ground it to?
The overlays are separated into four connetions: One for the left two gauges, one for the right two gauges, one for the upper middle, and one for the bottom left and bottom right. The inverter has, of course, four matching plugs coming off of it for the overlays to connect to. I didn't like how it looked with everything white, so I only did the main gauges.

I spliced into the ground off of the dimmer switch. It's safe to use any 12V source that is switched with your lights. They recommend not wiring the gauges into your dimmer directly because a dimmer is like a variable resistor in the circuit. Tapping into the 12V input to the dimmer switch is safe because the dimmer switch hasn't altered anything yet. You want to avoid tapping into anything the dimmer switch controls.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:08 AM
S_H_I_F_T_

I first noticed them on MaxDoogie's car, then he told me to check for them on Ebay. Apparently they're offered there pretty regularly. They're made by Initial K Auto Concepts. They don't have a regular web page, but their address and phone number are:

Initial K Auto Concepts Inc
717 Brea Canyon Rd
Walnut, CA
909-598-0210

I also found this web page for Initial K offering gauges for a 2K1 Solara, but most of the info applies to all their gauges.
NONE of this contact info works.. anybody have any updates?
Old 11-18-2002, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by Mr.max420

NONE of this contact info works.. anybody have any updates?
does any opne want gauges for a manual...i bought them the other day but i have a auto....where did you guys get the automatic gauges from...those peopl at inital k concepts Inc. are d*cking me over!!!!! please help!!! again manual gauges if and one wants!!!! free ship!!!!!
let me know asap!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by vsmax

does any opne want gauges for a manual...i bought them the other day but i have a auto....where did you guys get the automatic gauges from...those peopl at inital k concepts Inc. are d*cking me over!!!!! please help!!! again manual gauges if and one wants!!!! free ship!!!!!
The only place I have seen them was on Ebay. But email this guy AUNOMI79@aol.com I bought it from him direct. He was the one that was running the auction..

-D
Old 11-18-2002, 11:36 AM

The only place I have seen them was on Ebay. But email this guy AUNOMI79@aol.com I bought it from him direct. He was the one that was running the auction..

-D
yeah...thats the guy who is d*cking me over...any other suggestions!!! please help!!! i am so frustrated wioth this whole thing@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2002, 10:01 AM
S_H_I_F_T_

-D
Thanks Bro.. Now that ive got in touch with this guy anyone have a item number that they used to order..?

much thanks
Old 11-19-2002, 12:05 PM

Thanks Bro.. Now that ive got in touch with this guy anyone have a item number that they used to order..?

much thanks
I just bought mines directly from him. No Item#.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:09 PM
S_H_I_F_T_

ill take them off your hands.. Email or PM and well talk
Old 11-19-2002, 10:02 PM

ill take them off your hands.. Email or PM and well talk
sorry bro i sold them 10 mins after i posted that!!!!! my bad!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 05:45 AM
S_H_I_F_T_

sorry bro i sold them 10 mins after i posted that!!!!! my bad!!!
**** **** god damn mother**** **** ****..

they dont have any left...
Old 11-24-2002, 09:14 AM

heres the link to whoever wanted those intelliglow NEEDLES

http://www.importcarpartsplus.com