5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Service Manager lied to Nissan for me for tranny work!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 07:52 PM

Service Manager lied to Nissan for me for tranny work!

Well, today I finally went to pick up my car for tranny rebuilt by Nissan Dealer. But I was kind of shocked that when I wanted to talk to the service manager inside the building, he signaled me to go out of the building. (I was puzzled), then we went outside, he stared asking all the mods I have on my car (see sig) and told me the reason he wanted me to come outside because there was a Nissan Rep inside and he didn't want the "nissan" guy to hear it !

And he went on saying that all the mods I have might have caused my tranny failure (BS). But anyway, he fixed it under warranty by lieing to Nissan about my car (saying my car was stock???).

I found that bizzare that a service manager would do that just to fix my car under warranty!(is the economy really that bad that he had to do that to earn some money out of Nissan???)

BTW, he said that my maxima was the first car with tranny failure he has seen so far!
Now, back to the stupid nissan Autotranny!
Old 10-28-2002, 07:56 PM

Your mods....

Old 10-28-2002, 08:03 PM

Re: Service Manager lied to Nissan for me for tranny work!

Originally posted by MaxTuner

And he went on saying that all the mods I have might have caused my tranny failure (BS). But anyway, he fixed it under warranty by lieing to Nissan about my car (saying my car was stock???).

I found that bizzare that a service manager would do that just to fix my car under warranty!(is the economy really that bad that he had to do that to earn some money out of Nissan???)

BTW, he said that my maxima was the first car with tranny failure he has seen so far!
Now, back to the stupid nissan Autotranny!
Wow!! Lucky you! I didn't even keep my intake on when I took the car in for the recall work! They seem to not take to kindly regarding engine mods at the Infiniti Dealer! By the way, do you happen to have a pic of your car with the roof spoiler? I've never seen one of those on the Max! I'm still looking for a cool rear wing. Anyone have any ideas? Nothing Ricey!